NEurope
darkjak

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

They should lower the Switch price or bundle it with Zelda, it will sell out. This looks really great.

Man, you guys, what a day I had.

I am currently in Fukuoka, Japan and have shitty wifi in my apartment, so I went to a nearby train station to use the free wifi there and watch the shenanigans unfold. Standing in those large white halls watching Japanese come and go through the station whilst I was treated to one of the finest Zelda trailers I have ever seen in the palm of my hand on my smartphone was quite the contrast.

It even teared me up...

I must say, with the all the things that have changed and are still changing in my life these past few years, I was moved by the fact that Nintendo still managed to remind me of my nostalgic bonds with the Zelda franchise.

Twas a good day.

Now all I need to do is decide on which system I want to play this marvel.

Man, you guys, what a day I had.

I am currently in Fukuoka, Japan and have shitty wifi in my apartment, so I went to a nearby train station to use the free wifi there and watch the shenanigans unfold. Standing in those large white halls watching Japanese come and go through the station whilst I was treated to one of the finest Zelda trailers I have ever seen in the palm of my hand on my smartphone was quite the contrast.

It even teared me up...

I must say, with the all the things that have changed and are still changing in my life these past few years, I was moved by the fact that Nintendo still managed to remind me of my nostalgic bonds with the Zelda franchise.

Twas a good day.

Now all I need to do is decide on which system I want to play this marvel.

The best one, surely :)

Game is amazing. Switch and Zelda bundle for £300 is a much easier bite I think. Surely some retailers will do bundles?! No?!

That's the best trailer since the infamous 2004 one. The art style is sheer perfection and I genuinely can't believe how big the game world looks. This actually does have the potential to be the best game ever.

It's really sad how everyone was really looking forward to this coming to the Wii U at first, then when it got announced for the Switch and the console was looking promising and good value, we were looking forward to a new console with a new Zelda. However good it looks and should still be good on Wii U, there's a strange feeling that we're having to resign ourselves to a worse version of Zelda because the Switch price is so bad.

Had the Switch with a Zelda pack-in cost £250, that'd have been a no brainer for me. Well north of £300 is too much to play this, even if it is Zelda :(

More footage of BotW will be shown during the Treehouse Livestream (which is currently taking place).

Edited by Julius Caesar

They're advertising the US one, not the EU one though so people may get pissed haha

Is there a difference? Don't say they get stuff we don't? Do the fuck ups ever end?!

I do have to say though, the North American boxart is much nicer than the one we Europeans get :/

http://nintendoeverything.com/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-north-american-vs-european-boxart-comparison/

Well, the Switch is region free so if you want to get the American version just for the Boxart you can still play it on a European Switch.

Also, VOICE ACTING IN A ZELDA GAME. We're actually going to have all the best moments acted out. Hopefully Nintendo's localisation team picks a good English voice cast, they might be lip syncing everything to Japanese which could pose problems but at the same time I think voice acting has come so far in games that we are past the problems with games like Final Fantasy X's voice acting. The voice acting in both Xenoblade games is a good idea to look at with Nintendo localising a voice cast, especially given this Zelda game is very anime inspired.

Is there a difference? Don't say they get stuff we don't? Do the fuck ups ever end?!

If I recall, NoA gets the map/lore parchment (latter hinted at having the legend of this particular game when shown by Reggie) and protective case (as well as a coin? Maybe?) whereas NoE only gets the CD and Master Sword statuette.

If I recall, NoA gets the map/lore parchment (latter hinted at having the legend of this particular game when shown by Reggie) and protective case (as well as a coin? Maybe?) whereas NoE only gets the CD and Master Sword statuette.

Really? Fuck that then. I'm loving Nintendo today... they're great!!

Just been watching Gamexplain play this game and...wow.

There are still some cases of pop-in, but other than that? This game looks drop dead gorgeous in 1080p.

Also, first look since the Game Awards a few years back as to how horse riding really works!

This is up next on Treehouse.

Because it wouldn't be a Treehouse Switch event without showing off a WiiU game!

This is up next on Treehouse.

Because it wouldn't be a Treehouse Switch event without showing off a WiiU game!

It seems to be running much smoother and at a higher resolution.

Yep, that's probably the only difference. (But I didn't buy a Wii U and I'm definitely buying a Switch, this game looks bonkers levels of beautiful)

So, it seems you can "register" and name your horses.

However...they can die.

That's me never getting close to an enemy on a horse.

That's me never getting close to an enemy on a horse.

I don't need an enemy to kill my horse.... I hope that they have improved the riding mechanics.

I don't need an enemy to kill my horse.... I hope that they have improved the riding mechanics.

One cool thing is that you can let go of the controls and it will follow the road you're on.