NEurope
darkjak

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

One cool thing is that you can let go of the controls and it will follow the road you're on.

OK, that will help, till enemies arrive :D.

Btw. the world still looks empty (or did I miss something - I didn't watch the whole Zelda gameplay)?

OK, that will help, till enemies arrive :D.

Btw. the world still looks empty (or did I miss something - I didn't watch the whole Zelda gameplay)?

They didn't really explore all that much...

Have to say I'm loving the callbacks to other games. As an OOT-only player going into this, with a little Child Link timeline knowledge, I'm pleased that I'll get some of the references in this game.

Love that the motif from Epona's Song is used in the Stable music too, obviously that's a no-brainer but I thought it was a neat little touch!

Just watched the trailer, it was really good. Can't wait to play it now.

Alola Goron confirmed!

I was expecting this game to be very lacking in the story department after what's been shown up until now. But I must say, I love what Nintendo have done with the narrative. Plus, it seems like the game will feature full voice acting!

a.jpg

Fist time in a VERY long time that I've wanted to get a special edition of something. Last time was... Skyward Sword.

Just been reading from Laura Kate Dale on Twitter that this game runs best on the Switch when it's undocked. On the Wii U and Switch in TV mode, there's noticeable slowdown on busy screens. Hope it's not too bad on Wii U.

Just been reading from Laura Kate Dale on Twitter that this game runs best on the Switch when it's undocked. On the Wii U and Switch in TV mode, there's noticeable slowdown on busy screens. Hope it's not too bad on Wii U.

That's why I think everyone planning to get it on wii u should be cautious.

This looks like a game that got to big for their hardware and it happened long time ago. The Switch is weak, but not that weak and a lot stronger than Wii U and still their devs have problems with it.

This game looks fantastic and should be miles better than the tripe that was Skyward Sword. Voice acting, too! Sign me up. I just hope the plot lives up to it all.

This is a bummer. I'm also a bit confused about it running better undocked than docked. How come?

I just hope the difference between WiiU and Switch isn't too great.

This game looks fantastic and should be miles better than the tripe that was Skyward Sword. Voice acting, too! Sign me up. I just hope the plot lives up to it all.

This is a bummer. I'm also a bit confused about it running better undocked than docked. How come?

I just hope the difference between WiiU and Switch isn't too great.

Maybe the resolution bump. Undocked is 720p maybe the the Upscale in resolution when docked causes performance dip.

Maybe the resolution bump. Undocked is 720p maybe the the Upscale in resolution when docked causes performance dip.

Yeah it seems like this. The Switch is strong enough to run it smooth at 720p undocked, but the boost provided by being plugged in to the mains doesn't quite give it enough power to display as nicely at 900p/1080p/whatever resolution it's being rendered in.

Given the alternative and its cost, I'll still take it. It's not like we're not already aware that the Wii U can be a bit crap(Lego City loads, anyone?) - but it's a real grand shame Nintendo would let this happen with such a flagship title like Zelda.

I think I'm gonna avoid watching/reading too much about it now. It's only 7 weeks away, I've got it pre-ordered with Amazon(worried about stock with Switch coming) and would suggest others who want a Wii U copy do the same just in case. Also it'll kinda show Nintendo/retailers that Switch ain't doing it for a number of fans.

Has the Wii U launch date actually been confirmed yet?

I'm sure it was confirmed as 3/3 with Switch version?? Yet as I say that I can't recall how/why I think that. Sure it was in the reveal/trailer from the conference? OR have I and others just accepted it as implied? Retailers certainly seem to be saying 3/3.

Btw what's folks' thoughts on the voice chat? Had one or two people ask me and I've seen some people getting upset - I personally don't mind at all if it helps the story(and I like the voices I've heard so far) as long as Link and some of the other more expected characters don't start talking too much.

I'm sure it was confirmed as 3/3 with Switch version?? Yet as I say that I can't recall how/why I think that. Sure it was in the reveal/trailer from the conference? OR have I and others just accepted it as implied? Retailers certainly seem to be saying 3/3.

Btw what's folks' thoughts on the voice chat? Had one or two people ask me and I've seen some people getting upset - I personally don't mind at all if it helps the story(and I like the voices I've heard so far) as long as Link and some of the other more expected characters don't start talking too much.

I want full voice chat, in the sense that any text speech we would have to read in previous games should now be voiced.

This means Link can still remain silent but we can actually have proper cinematic and immersive cutscenes that don't have to be interrupted by pressing a button to get to the next line of text.

For those who are going to buy the Switch, Zelda: Breath of the Wild is available for £49.95 from The Game Collection.

As I'm going to be sticking with the Wii U version, undecided whether to go with Amazon, £40, who I've got a £15 voucher for; Simply Games, who have it at £39.85 and I believe get people their stuff early from quite a lot; or Tesco Direct, who have it at £40 and got me Skyward Sword two days early!

Apologies if this was already known and posted elsewhere but I've just seen it now. The lead composer of the game is...

Manaka Kataoka (née Tominaga) has worked at Nintendo EPD (formerly Nintendo EAD) for the last decade. During this time, she has contributed to a wide range of titles, including Wii Fit, Spirit Tracks, but is best known for leading the composition of the Animal Crossing titles New Leaf and City Folk.

Very interesting choice but it's certainly a welcome one given how amazing the music was in the trailer yesterday.

I want full voice chat, in the sense that any text speech we would have to read in previous games should now be voiced.

This means Link can still remain silent but we can actually have proper cinematic and immersive cutscenes that don't have to be interrupted by pressing a button to get to the next line of text.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think the voice acting is just for cutscenes/important scenes ala Hyrule Warriors.

Hoping they allow you to switch to Japanese audio, they seemed a bit better in the trailers, but the English actors are fine.

Yeah I thought the English voices were pretty good from what we heard.

Funny how we were all worried there'd be no narrative and it would be like the NES game, but actually looks like the most story heavy of the series. Pleased to see it's not just the usual rescue the princess storyline (though I'm sure she'll need some kind of aid)

This is just 48 days away.

It's been 1884 days since Skyward Sword.

1932 days between the two.

WE'RE IN THE FINAL STRETCH PEOPLE.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think the voice acting is just for cutscenes/important scenes ala Hyrule Warriors.

Hoping they allow you to switch to Japanese audio, they seemed a bit better in the trailers, but the English actors are fine.

Yeah that would be fine, I'd prefer it fully voiced but the cutscenes absolutely have to be.