Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xenoblade Chronicles X (4th Dec)

Hero-of-Time

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not been mentioned, but there are blatant signs all over that trailer.

Oh yeah, didn't cop that while watching...I was obviously too preoccupied with my drooling and orgasmic fits of joy :D

I haven't played Xenoblade, but is that not the lead character at the end of the trailer/used as the trailer picture?

Indeed it does appear to be, but none of the playable characters we see in the trailer seem to be him. The first guy shown with the big sword seems to be the main character.

Though even if it were set a few generations down the line I could think of a few reasons why Shulk hadn't aged if he is still there (you'd have to have finished the first :wink:)

Or maybe this takes place just after the first and there's a bunch of new characters aswell as some (or all) of teh previous ones returning.

Gah I can;t wait I need more info this now, not least of all a release date and confirmation that NoE are handling english voice casting :D

Where was this mentioned?

Liek Co-Op?

Look at the video, there are no AI party members to be seen right around you when fighting, and the left side has Monster Hunter -style slots there saying "Player 1", Player 2", "Player 3". Left side also seems to have a party chat window, and if you look at the green radar blips, you can see the other party members fighting their own battles far away from the player. Seems pretty multiplayer-esque to me...

Look at the video, there are no AI party members to be seen right around you when fighting, and the left side has Monster Hunter -style slots there saying "Player 1", Player 2", "Player 3". Left side also seems to have a party chat window, and if you look at the green radar blips, you can see the other party members fighting their own battles far away from the player. Seems pretty multiplayer-esque to me...
The first time the main character stops on the beach and the two co-characters line up next to him did seem like AI to me. But yeah it's got multiplayer too.

The first time the main character stops on the beach and the two co-characters line up next to him did seem like AI to me. But yeah it's got multiplayer too.

Yeah, that's true. It's weird they didn't give any more details about the game, now it's all just speculation and video analysing : D Still, online co-op would be friggin' schweeeeet.

maybe I'm seeing things because I want to see them, but in that bit where the buggy transfers (I bet JuJu is well jealous), in the right upper part of the shot, there appears to be a structure in the background that looks just like the top/back of the Bionis.

Of course, I could be seeing things but it did stick out when I saw it. Maybe I need a lie down.

Yeah, I pretty much understand what's going on in that chatbox.

People are dropping in saying things like 'good evening' 'what are we going for today?'.

So I guess it's like Monster Hunter then, where you drop in and hunt together.

maybe I'm seeing things because I want to see them, but in that bit where the buggy transfers (I bet JuJu is well jealous), in the right upper part of the shot, there appears to be a structure in the background that looks just like the top/back of the Bionis.

Of course, I could be seeing things but it did stick out when I saw it. Maybe I need a lie down.

Me and a friend o' mine totally were speculating that that's indeed what it is.

Question though:

Does the Xenogears mythos have anything to do with the universe they created in Xenoblade?

Nope, none at all.

It was given the "Xeno" name in honor of Monolithsoft head Tetsuya Takahashi who worked on the Xenogears games and Xenoblade

Some people will have to take back what they've said about muddy looking 360/PS3 games in the past however if this stays in it's current colour palette.

I don't understand why after Xenoblade, they've now de-saturated everything? In it's simplest form, why is the grass beige and not green for example, even that would make huge difference.

Please brighten it up a little! :)

This looks promising, but it kind of makes me sad about how much better Xenoblade could have looked if it hadn't been on the Wii. :p

Also hoping it's a spiritual sequel, rather than a direct one/prequel/whatever.

Nope, none at all.

It was given the "Xeno" name in honor of Monolithsoft head Tetsuya Takahashi who worked on the Xenogears games and Xenoblade

Cue rebuttal by Oxigen in three... two... one...

Cue rebuttal by Oxigen in three... two... one...

Huh?

Were there gun weapons in Xenoblade?

Yes there were, one character used various Rifles, but they put a nice twist on it where she was also teh "healer" or "medic" as she was called (she was in the army) of the group where she had special bullets that healled party members or added various buffs. She could also inflict various debufs to enemies instead of just regular shots

Some people will have to take back what they've said about muddy looking 360/PS3 games in the past however if this stays in it's current colour palette.

I don't understand why after Xenoblade, they've now de-saturated everything? In it's simplest form, why is the grass beige and not green for example, even that would make huge difference.

Please brighten it up a little! :)

Oh, you're not wrong there actually!

Xenoblade is so amazing because of the awesome colours in every area!

Were there gun weapons in Xenoblade?

Yes. Yes there were.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!