The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

Retro_Link

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You played it on the GameCube?

And do you have a job? :)

Yes, twice. Both times I hated the sailing and sold it.

and yes, booked this week off, 3 reasons:

1.first week off since New Year, needed a few lay ins.

2.Mario Kart 8

3.MK League to organise.

Yes, twice. Both times I hated the sailing and sold it.

and yes, booked this week off, 3 reasons:

1.first week off since New Year, needed a few lay ins.

2.Mario Kart 8

3.MK League to organise.

Haha, fair enough. The sailing is much better in this once you get the sail (do you know how to get it? You don't stumble upon it!)

I'm watching Ine play this game right now. It looks wonderful. However, Nintendo overdid it with the amount of bloom on dat sky.

"I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE DOING. LET'S ADD THIS BLOOM HERE AND HERE."

"HD!!!"

"MORE BLOOM!"

Tempted to give it a go if she ever gets off the damn thing.

So what exactly do I need for this swift sail? I've finished the Dragon Roost Temple, got the pearl, back at Windfall at night going into the auction but all that is ever available are joy pendants... am I missing something? I've spent an hour going in and out of auctions now trying to come across it.

So what exactly do I need for this swift sail? I've finished the Dragon Roost Temple, got the pearl, back at Windfall at night going into the auction but all that is ever available are joy pendants... am I missing something? I've spent an hour going in and out of auctions now trying to come across it.

Unfortunately it's random when it shows up. :(

It took ages for the heart piece to show up for me. :shakehead

Unfortunately it's random when it shows up. :(

It took ages for the heart piece to show up for me. :shakehead

Fuck me it's finally shown up! Seriously, over a fucking hour of leaving the room and going back in! Urgh!!!

Edited by Kav

Fuck me it's finally shown up! Seriously, over a fucking hour of leaving the room and goin back in! Urgh!!!

Gutted. It shown up straight away for me when I was going through the game.

Once you go fast sail there is no going back.

Love this game so, so much. I'm taking it slowly, but it's reminding me of its brilliance every step of the way:

* Taking a Bokoblin's sword and using it to smash the thick, wooden panels.

* Grabbing a flaming torch and throwing it across a chasm, burning the panels so you can land on the ledge. The physics in Wind Waker are so satisfying.

* That moment when the first Moblin is dropped into the arena. Not that I couldn't beat it, but it absolutely clobbered me with its staff! (I don't see this game as ultra-easy as others do.)

* Feeding the fish men, who kindly fill in your map and tell you about mysterious things on the Great Sea.

* The height! I associate this game with mountains almost as much as the sea - now in HD too. If ever there was any doubt you were up high at certain points, there certainly isn't now, as you can see miles into the distance - far ledges, switches and people in pin-sharp detail.

* That charming jingle as the sun rises and a new day dawns on the massive, blue expanse. It is just pure "Zelda".

* The Deku Leaf. Climbing up the Forest Haven and working out all the ledges and mini-islands I can glide to.

Personally, I like both the cartoony style as well as the more realistic styles Zelda has had, but one thing that impresses me so much is the way Wind Waker is built. How much fun there is to be had in this magical world. Whatever the visual style of the next Zelda, I just hope it is built as well as Wind Waker.

It's just utter genius, it really is.

Love this game so, so much. I'm taking it slowly, but it's reminding me of its brilliance every step of the way:

* Taking a Bokoblin's sword and using it to smash the thick, wooden panels.

* Grabbing a flaming torch and throwing it across a chasm, burning the panels so you can land on the ledge. The physics in Wind Waker are so satisfying.

* That moment when the first Moblin is dropped into the arena. Not that I couldn't beat it, but it absolutely clobbered me with its staff! (I don't see this game as ultra-easy as others do.)

* Feeding the fish men, who kindly fill in your map and tell you about mysterious things on the Great Sea.

* The height! I associate this game with mountains almost as much as the sea - now in HD too. If ever there was any doubt you were up high at certain points, there certainly isn't now, as you can see miles into the distance - far ledges, switches and people in pin-sharp detail.

* That charming jingle as the sun rises and a new day dawns on the massive, blue expanse. It is just pure "Zelda".

* The Deku Leaf. Climbing up the Forest Haven and working out all the ledges and mini-islands I can glide to.

Personally, I like both the cartoony style as well as the more realistic styles Zelda has had, but one thing that impresses me so much is the way Wind Waker is built. How much fun there is to be had in this magical world. Whatever the visual style of the next Zelda, I just hope it is built as well as Wind Waker.

It's just utter genius, it really is.

Always a pleasure reading your pov on Zelda. :heart:

• 3 weeks later...

We don't get our free game until 1. September, but I couldn't wait that long so I picked it up today. Love it so far. So beautiful! Like how miiverse is utilized.

Just got to the Deku tree island, but had to double back to that windmill city and get the deluxe camera. Didn't know you could only give colour photos to that figurine guy.

The Forest Haven is my favourite area of this game. Simply stunning and the music is great too. The bit where you're using the deku buds to get to the very top of the Deku Tree is fantastic. The height you climb is amazing when you're at the top and look down. Fantastic sense of scale that definitely didn't exist in Skyward Sword.

I'm hoping for more areas like this in Zelda U, full of magic and life. The ones in Skyward Sword on the other hand felt pretty barren and soul-less in contrast.

• 1 month later...
You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

So 11 years after first playing it I've finally completed Wind Waker!

I enjoyed the game but it's nowhere near Ocarina of Time or A Link to the Past, in my opinion. Even with the changes they made to the HD version the pacing still seems off and I'm really not a fan of the sailing.

Gonna reply Twilight Princess soon, as I really think I enjoyed that as much as Wind Waker, and then finally complete Skyward Sword.

Oh and I managed to complete the figurine collection! :D

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!