N-Europe

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

Retro_Link

Most HD remakes are done in the same way as this these days. They've added only a fraction more content; it's mainly just the graphics.

Most have little to no work done to the graphics. They're just rendered in a higher resolution.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Canceled and reordered with the new code. Excellent. Really buzzing for this game. I *may* have to work in Delhi for October.... Which would be slightly disappointing having to wait for this...

PS Are we really moaning about remakes, ports, prices etc. Can we ever just be excited or chat about an actualy game without all this politic?

Most have little to no work done to the graphics. They're just rendered in a higher resolution.

It's still not worth the cost of a new game. FFX and FFX-2 are receiving a graphical makeover and coming on the same disc. Even if that was £40, that'd be the same price but for 2 games.

Some of the updated character models in FFX are appalling take tidus for example he looked better on ps2

Just a side note there isn't really any point to that, besides given the inability to name a release and constant delays from square Enix, by the time it's out the ps5, WiiUFX and Xbox 0 will be out in native 4k resolution and they'll need to update it again

Some of the updated character models in FFX are appalling take tidus for example he looked better on ps2

Just a side note there isn't really any point to that, besides given the inability to name a release and constant delays from square Enix, by the time it's out the ps5, WiiUFX and Xbox 0 will be out in native 4k resolution and they'll need to update it again

What about Kingdom Hearts 1.5? Improved visuals, Final Mix version of the game, Chain of Memories PS2 HD version included and 352/2 Days cutscenes in HD, all for £25! Also, out next Friday...can't freaking wait.

*plays Simple and Clean*

It's still not worth the cost of a new game. FFX and FFX-2 are receiving a graphical makeover and coming on the same disc. Even if that was £40, that'd be the same price but for 2 games.

(Plus an updated soundtrack) Too much to expect from Nintendo.

PS Are we really moaning about remakes, ports, prices etc. Can we ever just be excited or chat about an actualy game without all this politic?

Well, yes, there will be some politics. Re-selling a 10 year old game with minor changes for the price of a new game is boarder-line morally wrong lol.

Edited by King_V
Automerged Doublepost

HYPE levels are sky-high right now. Wind Waker was always one of the few games that actually deserved a remake in my opinion.

It's just that good.

I just hope more new people get to experience it this time around.

For me they've cheaped out. WindWaker has aged extremely well, graphically it didn't really need a remake.

What did need fixing and Nintendo said it themselves was the length of the game. They said it was a mistake to release the game at the time missing the 2 dungeons. So here was their perfect opportunity to right their wrong and they did nothing in that regard.

A game that would look glorious in HD and hasn't aged well is Majora's Mask. But that would have been too much work for Nintendo. People can say it might be coming out on 3DS because they have the engine, there's no evidence of that yet. Besides I prefer Zelda on home consoles and it would look far better on the Wii U.

Another thing is I believe is that a remake of Majora's Mask besides needing it more, benefitting more from the power of the Wii U, it would sell better than the WindWaker remake.

I disagree about Majora's Mask, it still holds up just as well today as it did back then.

Ocarina of Time however didn't hold up as well as Majora's Mask did, it looks terrible and the framerate was poor. The 3DS remake fixed that as well as other things. Honestly I don't see what improvement a remake would bring apart from updating the graphics. I think parts would look great in 3D, but it would also look amazing in HD. Then again I'd like HD ports of Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword.

So here was their perfect opportunity to right their wrong and they did nothing in that regard.

To say they did nothing isn't exactly true, they admitted the pacing was messed up towards the end, probably due to the cut dungeons, but they have changed the Triforce hunt to make it more streamlined. Sure it's not 2 new dungeons but I have feeling Nintendo wanted to stay pretty close to the original. Some post game dungeons would have been nice, but adding 2 new dungeons would mess the story up.

Also Wind Waker looks terrible when played on an HD TV. That's why I haven't replayed it in so long.

They said it was a mistake to release the game at the time missing the 2 dungeons.

Are you sure? I don't remember hearing them ever call their decision to release it then a mistake.

People can say it might be coming out on 3DS because they have the engine, there's no evidence of that yet. Besides I prefer Zelda on home consoles and it would look far better on the Wii U.

Of course there's no evidence, but it would make sense. The engine exists, why bother spending time and resources on making a duplicate one for a different console? It would indeed be too much work, work better put towards Zelda U. Your personal preference has nothing to do with it.

Another thing is I believe is that a remake of Majora's Mask besides needing it more, benefitting more from the power of the Wii U, it would sell better than the WindWaker remake.

Majora's Mask sold about the same as Wind Waker, so not sure where that suggestion comes from.

Zelda producer slags own game

Zelda creator Shigeru Miyamoto and Wind Waker director Eiji Aonuma have admitted that the last instalment in the GameCube series wasn't quite up to scratch - promising they'll do a lot better with Twilight Princess.

Aonuma told Swedish magazine Reset that the gameplay in Wind Waker was "dull", admitting that he was in a bit of a hurry when it came to working on the triforce piece hunt.

"At the end of the production we fought against the clock and there were parts that I was forced to approve even though it didn't feel complete," he said.

"I apologise that we didn't fix the triforce hunt at the end of the game. It was slow and dull."

But lessons have been learned, according to Aonuma: "During the development of Twilight Princess, I refused to repeat the same mistakes.

"It means more responsibility for me, but this time we can't let things go wrong."

Miyamoto echoed Aonuma's comments, telling Reset that he wants Twilight Princess "to contain all sides of what people think of the Legend of Zelda series.

"I have absorbed the criticism we got from The Wind Waker, that the sea was too big and the number of dungeons and caves were too few," he said.

"The new game will have more dungeons. Many more."

As previously suggested Twilight Princess will be a lot darker than previous Zelda games - Link is an adult now, and the storyline is "long, complex and occasionally serious," according to Miyamoto and Aonuma. It's slated for a November release and, as you'll know if you read our first impressions of the game, it's shaping up very nicely indeed.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/news250705zelda

Are you sure? I don't remember hearing them ever call their decision to release it then a mistake.

@Ashley Ronnie says he doesn't remember them saying that. I just provided the proof.

Where's your post gone @Ashley ?

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

They thought Wind Waker was "dull", said they wouldn't make the same mistake then came up with Twilight Princess (the dullest Zelda game so far)?

No that honour goes to Skyward Sword along with being the worst in the series. It's all a matter of opinion of course. Twilight Princess was great.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!