NEurope
Retro_Link

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

I wish there was a less intrusive way to take screen caps, really throws you out of the game.

Having said that, any advice on the best, easiest site to upload to?

Im probably missing something really obvious but I can't figure out how to take the 'selfie' pictures. Any advice?

Im probably missing something really obvious but I can't figure out how to take the 'selfie' pictures. Any advice?

Press the 'switch' button, which is 'X' this activates 'selfie' mode, enjoy! : peace:

Is it me or are the bottles incredible crap? Aren't they just miiverse posts?!?! WHich makes it utterly pointless? I thought they'd be silly messages people send to each other, but no...

Oh nice, looks like theres a nod to Giant Bomb and the late Ryan Davis in the Wind Waker HD guide

tumblr_mu9sn6lzxV1qaprevo1_500.jpg

After caving in spectacularly once again, I popped into GAME a little earlier to trade in some stuff toward this and the guy said they had a spare Limited Edition around that someone hadn't picked up. Ended up being about £37 or so.

I wasn't too fussed about getting the limited edition, but it's actually pretty nice. Ganondorf has some paint missing from part of his hair, but I never expected the statue to be up to much anyway.

Game is GLORIOUS.

Made my first voyage with teh Swift Sail last night.... LOVE IT, the Sailing no longer feels like a chore/bore anymore :D

The additional speed really picks up the pace and not having to worry about manually changing wind direction is AWESOME!

(Hope the changes to the Triforce hunt later also feel as good and that'll have fixed the two things that always put me off replaying on the GC)

Some new Selfies too

zlCfzRJey-QnNGjIl8

Found the Ghost Ship on first trip down to Forest Haven!

zlCfzRJgCNgeDawjBc

Time to cut down some weeds!

I also love that they now give you an indication on pictures if it is good enough for getting a figurine made at the Gallery. I never bothered with the Gallery on teh GC due to only being able to take 3 pics with the camera and the possibility of wasting time if you got there and the pic wasn't good enough. Think I'm gonna get more into the Gallery this time round.... just unlocked it too after I finished the Forest Haven dungeon :D

Is it me or are the bottles incredible crap? Aren't they just miiverse posts?!?! WHich makes it utterly pointless? I thought they'd be silly messages people send to each other, but no...

Yeah it is basically the games Miiverse option without actually opening Miiverse. I don't mind it though. I have mine set to only give me bottles from people on my Friends List so it nice to find a bottle and see what someone is up to.

Two weird things though is why is the character limit still at 100 when using the bottles?

And why is it possible to get two bottles of the same message?

Would have been nice though if the game would tell you when a bottle of yours was found and by who. Like in ZombiU you can get info when a Zombified "Survivor" of yours has been killed in someone elses game and by who.

It's entered the All Formats Charts at #4, I guess people will pay whatever Nintendo wants for it... or Wii U owners have just been starved of a decent exclusive for months.

I've acquired all 3 pearls, heading to the various spots to plant them ready for the Tower of Gods and acquisition of the Master Sword. I've got to remember to empty my camera at the Gallery before heading in as well, 12 snaps at once certainly saves time in collecting the figurines.

Anyone else noticed that the wallet now has a maxium 500 rupees.

It's entered the All Formats Charts at #4, I guess people will pay whatever Nintendo wants for it... or Wii U owners have just been starved of a decent exclusive for months.

Yeah, I'm someone who acknowledges the ridiculous price and still caved in and bought a copy. Tried to resist, failed.

If I still had my Wii U I expect that I would have moaned about the price and still bought it but that would probably be more because I know its a Nintendo game so just wont go down much from what it is now.

Are there any missables with the gallery? I forget where to start that side quest, any vague hints please?

Are there any missables with the gallery? I forget where to start that side quest, any vague hints please?

Only thing I can think of, are bosses, since they obviously disappear as you defeat them. I don't know if you can go back to Tower of the Gods later, and take a picture of Gohan, but I doubt it. Oh, and Helmarock King is one of a kind, too.

I actually love the bottle feature. Even though it is basically miiverse, it's interesting to open them up and see how other people are getting along in game, and some of them are very funny.

Although yesterday, I saw one quite a ways out so thought I'd swim for it, thinking I'd make it. Swam all the way out and link nearly drowned. I opened the bottle when I got back on shore and the message inside read:

"Hope that was worth it" :nono:

I actually love the bottle feature. Even though it is basically miiverse, it's interesting to open them up and see how other people are getting along in game, and some of them are very funny.

Although yesterday, I saw one quite a ways out so thought I'd swim for it, thinking I'd make it. Swam all the way out and link nearly drowned. I opened the bottle when I got back on shore and the message inside read:

"Hope that was worth it" :nono:

The bottles would be good if they were in-game only. But every bottle I've already read on miiverse, so it makes it pointless, it loses any sense of mystery or surprise, or cheekyness...it's ruined the whole concept in my eyes.

Only thing I can think of, are bosses, since they obviously disappear as you defeat them. I don't know if you can go back to Tower of the Gods later, and take a picture of Gohan, but I doubt it. Oh, and Helmarock King is one of a kind, too.

All bosses can be re-snapped at Ganon's Castle/Tower before the final encounter with Ganondorf. That is every boss from Gohma to the boss in the Earth/Wind Temple. I know there is a limited, maybe 1 time chance to take a picture of Tetra in the game. And there used to be many 1 time chances to get other characters, now moved to limited chances. To name 2 others, Medli (Dragon Roost Cavern) and Makar (Forbidden Woods) are two other chances to snap them. This is due to the very early access to the Color Pictograph box before getting to Dragon Roost for the first time.

Edited by Jimbob

Just returned from work to this...

2u6u.jpg

@S\.C\.G You absolute legend! Cheers for doing this! Means a lot! :D

Edited by Blade

Woah what happened here? How generous S.C.G. !

What a guy.

Edited by Retro_Link

Just returned from work to this...

2u6u.jpg

@S\.C\.G You absolute legend! Cheers for doing this! Means a lot! :D

You're most welcome @\-Dem0\- & @Sheikah I was just glad that I was able to help out a fellow forum member in n-eed. :smile:

Sam - that's probably one of the kindest (if not the kindest) acts I've ever witnessed!

Seriously lovely thing to do.

:bowdown:

@S\.C\.G

Fancy letting me win on Mario Kart too or is that going too far? :p