NEurope
Retro_Link

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

I think it's gold isn't it? The 3DS Zelda edition was decorated with a similar pattern and that was gold so I guess it's the same?!

And I'm just a sucker for special editions tbh! :heh:

Ahh my bad then, thought it looked white in the picture there!

Yes it's gold. Not majorly impressed, it's pretty minimal and they've done nothing it appears with the console. Would prefer more gold. Is it possible to do a scratch proof gold console and gamepad? You know like how the gold Wii remote and classic controller pro has a thin layer of gold paint and removes easily but the white and black versions are coloured the whole way through and scratching doesn't affect the look. They could have at least done gold buttons and thumb sticks.

Def agreed, a bit more would be nice. The gold SP wasn't too bad, though if they did a gold Wii U maybe do a similar thing to the DS Lite one, was pretty resilient on the whole(still managed to get mine scratched like a moron though).

Just gonna leave this here while we're on the subject of Zelda Wii Us...(turned up in google when I was trying to get better pics)

Majoras-Mask-Wii-U.jpg

Good god Rummy. I think the markings are way too excessive, a few simple Majora symbols would've been perfect, but the colour...is just hypnotizing.

I'm telling ya, Purple is such a regal colour.

Just look at the Midnight purple 3DS...

Ahh my bad then, thought it looked white in the picture there!

Def agreed, a bit more would be nice. The gold SP wasn't too bad, though if they did a gold Wii U maybe do a similar thing to the DS Lite one, was pretty resilient on the whole(still managed to get mine scratched like a moron though).

Just gonna leave this here while we're on the subject of Zelda Wii Us...(turned up in google when I was trying to get better pics)

Majoras-Mask-Wii-U.jpg

It's a fine line between elegance and trashiness. The colour is nice, but the whole thing is just a tiny bit too much. It's too strong. You'd feel violently sick after a while.

It's a fine line between elegance and trashiness. The colour is nice, but the whole thing is just a tiny bit too much. It's too strong. You'd feel violently sick after a while.

The colour is the issue. If it were a more subdued purple, then it'd be more acceptable

The colour is the issue. If it were a more subdued purple, then it'd be more acceptable

Maybe, but that pro controller looks gross, too. It just doesn't work.

Shut up and take my money?

I would actually be a day 1 adopter of that purple godlyness.

Really love this game, but I'm afraid without extra content, I just can't be bothered. Difficulty setting isn't enough for me. Even Nintendo themselves admitted in the past it was too bloody short. Yeah, I know it turned out those cut dungeons were reused on another Zelda game, but c'mon, 2 more extra dungeons; it's not much to ask for, right..?

Really love this game, but I'm afraid without extra content, I just can't be bothered. Difficulty setting isn't enough for me. Even Nintendo themselves admitted in the past it was too bloody short. Yeah, I know it turned out those cut dungeons were reused on another Zelda game, but c'mon, 2 more extra dungeons; it's not much to ask for, right..?

There's probably just as much, if not more, content in Wind Waker than Majora's Mask. And I suspect two new dungeons is a fair bit to ask for, seeing as you can't just slap two into the story with any lead-up, consequence etc...

I agree they could have introduced something though, a water based mini dungeon for the third pearl for instance.

It's really nice to see my favourite game in glorious HD. I can't wait to try out the hero mode, what a treat!

I'm just a bit grossed out by the new type of shading they added in the game in areas without a direct light source. That shading looks really ugly and out of place. But I guess I'll get used to that. The other areas where the classic cell shading is used look fantastic though!

With the ugly shading, I'm talking about this:

1377194297-7.jpg

Edited by M_rock

Wow, that doesn't look like cel shading in that triforce chart image. More like blocky 90s CG. :p

Bundle and special edition with Ganondorf figure(!) announced for Europe.

i can only find the limited edition on GAME, so is it a GAME exclusive?

That's what they have plastered all over the product page so I guess so. They've been wrong before though.

That's what they have plastered all over the product page so I guess so. They've been wrong before though.

well crap i've placed my order with them, they've been good lately but as a company they learnt nothing from their brush with death

That figure is nice, REALLY nice!

The console bundle is still too expensive though...

Close up of the figure:

No mention of a digital download of Hyrule Historia with console bundle though. I would like a digital version.

The paintwork on the Ganondorf figure is pretty bad. Expect the production figures to be sloppy.

That said, I want that special edition.

[edit]

No Guy. No. You'll fall off the wagon and end up spending all your money on toys again. You must refrain, you must be strong.

Edited by Guy

i wonder how limited it is? it did say very limited, i hope i managed to get a pre-order in before they sold out

Close up of the figure:

When ShopTo get it on their site, I'll pre-order, no way am I paying £59.99 for it directly to GAME. :p