NEurope
Retro_Link

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

So pay £40 because they put the content in a completely different game?

You know, admitting every now and then that Nintendo are doing something bad (with the pricing) wouldn't mean the end of the world. Reading your completely biased posts gets really annoying.

Eh? That's not what I said at all.

All I said they can't put the missing content in because they implemented it into a different game.

Yes, but then if they're not adding any considerable amount of new content (either completely new or previously unused) then they can't really justify the pricetag. Which is what I think how most people feel.

It's not exactly the same and the "missing content" was put into Twilight Princess

Unless Miyamoto or Aonuma privately told you this then you've pulled that statement from your backside. Tell us what's substantially new about this game besides a lick of HD paint? Putting messages in a bottle just doesn't cut it nor does putting photos from using your in game camera up on Miiverse. You can do that in other games.

Eh? That's not what I said at all.

All I said they can't put the missing content in because they implemented it into a different game.

This is a remake...its all old content. Putting some old content from a different game may have actually helped justify the increased price tag. Yes, the content may have been similar to TP (with tweaks to make it fit within WW), but the whole of WW HD is, unsurprisingly, similar to WW.

Essentially it would have been like the retro cups in Mario Kart games (in a way...).

I get why people are moaning at paying full price but at the same time Nintendo have every right to charge full price. I bought a Star Wars box-set on VHS many a year ago at full price. I then wanted it on DVD and it was full price, then it got released on Blu-Ray at full price.

Why shouldn't they charge full price?! It's a new format and work has had to go into it for it to be released. If you don't want it at full price, get it second hand once trade-ins have started, wait for a price-drop or get it on Gamecube.

With the quality of the game, even when compared to today's games, it's worth laying out full price for!

To be honest, they could put the dungeon in that they supposedly put into Twilight Princess and I wouldn't even notice. That's how much I remember about TP.

It's £40?!?

I thought it would be about £12. Nintendo really know how to squeeze their fans. No thanks.

I get why people are moaning at paying full price but at the same time Nintendo have every right to charge full price. I bought a Star Wars box-set on VHS many a year ago at full price. I then wanted it on DVD and it was full price, then it got released on Blu-Ray at full price.

Why shouldn't they charge full price?! It's a new format and work has had to go into it for it to be released. If you don't want it at full price, get it second hand once trade-ins have started, wait for a price-drop or get it on Gamecube.

With the quality of the game, even when compared to today's games, it's worth laying out full price for!

Isn't it more than full price though? Most WiiU games are 35 quid after web discounting. This is still 40 quid, which means that the RRP is more than a normal game. (I know nintendo pretend they don't do them, but you get the idea.)

No need for that. A simple link request would have sufficed, and Serebii would have probably directed you to this:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-13-the-wind-wakers-missing-dungeons-were-reused-in-other-zelda-games

Thanks but if you read what was wrote yesterday, you would have seen Cube posted that link. Nowhere in that article does it state the missing dungeons were used in Twilight Princess. :blank:

Edited by Wii

Nowhere in that article does it state the missing dungeons were used in Twilight Princess. :blank:

Firstly what does it matter if they were used in TP specifically or not? Serebii's point still stands, the dungeons they took out from Wind Waker, were put into another Zelda game. Don't try and weasel out of being proved wrong using technicalities as a way out. And even if it does make a difference, what other game do you think they were used in? Certainly not the touch-based dungeons of Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks. Of course it was Twilight Princess.

Thanks but if you read what I wrote yesterday, you would have seen I posted that link.

No you didn't, unless I'm missing something you posted a link to a completely different story.

Isn't it more than full price though? Most WiiU games are 35 quid after web discounting. This is still 40 quid, which means that the RRP is more than a normal game. (I know nintendo pretend they don't do them, but you get the idea.)

Its RRP is £39.99

It's not exactly the same and the "missing content" was put into Twilight Princess

But that is not the point really, it was cut from Wind Waker. 10 years ago, we got an incomplete game on the Gamecube. We had (and it's confirmed) a rushed Triforce quest as well. The issue is, and i'm a little miffed, is that for the same price as a new WiiU game, we get a remade/HD remake of a 10 year old game with little new* content to it.

I was kind of expecting the missing dungeons to be added to the game (regardless if they were added to Twlight Princess already) and a more complete/fun Triforce quest to complete.

*A new sail does not consitute as new for me.

If it's not exactly the same, it is at least for 95%.

Don't get me wrong, I love the wind waker, it's my favourite game ever, and I'm looking forward to play this on day 1.

It just isn't correct a new title like pikmin 3 costs less than a port/remake hybrid. Here in Belgium they ask €60 for tloz:ww (standard edition) and only €45 for pikmin 3. That's just plain weird and I can't think of anything that would justify that price difference except the reputation of the Zelda brand.

I was expecting it to be £29.99 at launch, it's a fair price for a classic remade HD game. All other HD remakes have not been £40 at launch on other consoles.

Firstly what does it matter if they were used in TP specifically or not? Serebii's point still stands, the dungeons they took out from Wind Waker, were put into another Zelda game. Don't try and weasel out of being proved wrong using technicalities as a way out. And even if it does make a difference, what other game do you think they were used in? Certainly not the touch-based dungeons of Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks. Of course it was Twilight Princess.

No you didn't, unless I'm missing something you posted a link to a completely different story.

Sorry I quoted a different Eurogamer article but had read another before and after but Cube not me linked to it and I was correcting my mistake before your post. Thanks though.

Rayman Legends shouldn't have included the levels from Rayman Origins and because they did and it was work sure they should charge extra. They deserve it, right?

Edited by Wii

This, one million times. I still wonder why some people feel entitled to get a game cheaper, when in movie business, you have to pay the premium price every time you upgrade. Granted, movies cost less, but games take consideraply more work to upgrade. Only easy way to do HD remake is to slap a few games together, with a filter and then call it remake. It's just like putting a movie through DNR filter and call it remaster.

I'm just glad someone finally gets it.

Some retailers will eventually drop the price to around £30, but I think there are some special games that actually warrant a premium price, and in this case, Wind Waker is one of those special games. Timeless classic.

If it's too expensive then just hold out for a sale, price drop or bundle.

This, one million times. I still wonder why some people feel entitled to get a game cheaper, when in movie business, you have to pay the premium price every time you upgrade. Granted, movies cost less, but games take consideraply more work to upgrade. Only easy way to do HD remake is to slap a few games together, with a filter and then call it remake. It's just like putting a movie through DNR filter and call it remaster.

I'm just glad someone finally gets it.

It's not that I feel like this game is not worth the full price, I just don't understand why Pikmin 3 is cheaper? That game surely costed nintendo more to produce than the remake of the wind waker? If a remade Zelda costs €60, then why is the brand new pikmin 3 only €45. That's the part I don't get.

I think its more to do with what other companies are charging for HD ports/remakes.

As I said earlier, in a post which people seemed to have disregarded, Square Enix are releasing Kingdom Hearts HD next week for £25. This nets you Kingdom Hearts HD, which is the Final Mix version that was never released over here. Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories ( PS2 Version ) HD, again never released over here. Finally Kingdom Hearts 352/2 cutscenes all in HD. The game also has a remastered soundtrack and new voice over work for the Final Mix english release. That's a hell of a lot of effort yet it's still a budget release.

I'm still getting WW but I can see why people are upset over the price.

Daft in troll shocker! Why bother. Seriously. Adds nothing, bating comment...

Hook, line and sinker. ;)

It's not that I feel like this game is not worth the full price, I just don't understand why Pikmin 3 is cheaper? That game surely costed nintendo more to produce than the remake of the wind waker? If a remade Zelda costs €60, then why is the brand new pikmin 3 only €45. That's the part I don't get.

Pikmin isn't going to be a big seller, the price needs to be low to attract sales. Zelda will sell, hence higher price.