N-Europe

Xbox One Console Discussion

Cube

At least they're giving away a free game for those who have preordered Day One Edition. -_-

True. Fair play to them, that's a pretty nice gesture (though it's pretty funny that Japan isn't even considered to be a Tier 2 country anymore for them :laughing:)

Xbone delayed until 2014 in a few territories.

At E3, we announced that Xbox One would be available in 21 markets around the world at launch. This was an aggressive goal and the team has been working very hard to deliver Xbox One to as many markets as possible.

Our priority is ensuring our customers get the best Xbox One experience the first day it is available. To do that, and in order to meet demand, we have adjusted the number of markets that will receive Xbox One in November to 13 markets, including Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Spain, United Kingdom, United States and New Zealand, in November.

We remain committed to launching Xbox One in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland, as soon as possible in 2014.

The fact they can't coordinate/produce enough units for a global launch put a little niggle in the back of my mind. It's a rushed launch, for sure.

I've just generally no faith in the console being any good, the 360 came out it wasn't rushed but yet it still had the overheating issues.

The Xbone on the other hand has been in development for ages yet they misjudged what the vast majority of gamers wanted and have had to flip flop on a whole host of issues, theres been rumours of minor hardware changes due to manufacturing problems and now its been delayed in some territories because they can't produce enough stock.

If this wasn't a microsoft console and didn't have the current track record to fall back on nobody would be wanting to wait for it, right now the only thing going for the Xbone is the fact people assume it can be as good as the 360, and personally i don't have that faith.

I've said it before but various issues made me fall out of love with MS and the 360 (UI becoming an advert,Xb live lack of value for money, RROD) so to me my confidence of MS as a company are at an all time low, they produced Windows 8 forcing metro on everyone and its been widely criticised for it, the Xbone was anounced with a boat load of restrictions and new ways they thought was cool, and its been widely criticised, i've seen nothing to inspire confidence in them, only random backtracking (good things though) acts that scream despiration, every thing is so rushed.

They are on the right track with the changes and yes it shows they are listening, but it doesn't shake the probelms and perception its giving people, it just shows they are deperately backtracing to play catchup to what consumers actually want

Right now they'd be best delaying until summer 2014 and fixing the isssues, restoring the digital aspects of the xbone but without the restricions and keeping disks, otherwise i can see them bombing so hard it will make the WiiU look positively PS2 levels of popular/successful

Edited by Agent Gibbs

Ok, major leak time, courtesy of the Buttocks!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=654903

A translation below, for those that don't speak Arse...

TL:

No livestream from GDC due to yield issues, 15-20% performance drops in latest SDK--this is a normal setback for console development, and will be fixed, but not in time for an early October launch...

... Certainly not for all 21 countries. Localization is BS; look at official/spoken languages in countries that did/didn't make it. I was right on yield issues, and this is pushing launch titles, Smartglass, etc. back. (All the 180s with MS abandoning and redirecting their vision are taking their toll)

PS4 SDKs effectively final, launch in late October.

MS has picked up a Platinum Games exclusive... NOT for NA/Europe though (which he thinks makes no sense). Talks with other JP devs are also ongoing, but CBoAT can only guarantee this one.

Bigpark has canceled their MOBA project, shifted entirely to TV focus. Dev talent to Big Tusk or gone completely. Rare on Kinect.

New indie policy not finalized, details post-launch

Early September surprise.

CBoAT backing down on previous claims of Kinectless SKU; new potential for console-only SKU in March-April based on launch performance.

Platinum... Bollocking shit... They've got me by the balls (unless its multiplatform for it's western release - why the hell anyone would agree to that deal with an Xbox Japan exclusive of all things, I have no idea though!)

Edited by Dcubed

So apparently Microsoft are bundling a 3rd party game with the console.

Microsoft has signed a landmark deal to bundle a "major third-party title" free with every Xbox One launch system across Europe, CVG understands.

Each new Xbox One console sold in Europe (and perhaps the US) will come free with the title that alone will retail at £40 or higher, in an attempt to kick away at the £80 premium Xbox One has over Sony's PS4.

A source with knowledge of the deal, who wished to remain anonymous, said the developments were part of Microsoft's goal of adding value to its system without lowering its £429 release day price.

The specific game set to be bundled with Xbox One launch systems was not named, although it's understood to be a "major" Christmas release.

Striking a deal of this magnitude is thought to have cost Microsoft further millions in budget as it prepares to launch its next-generation Xbox around the world.

This major game, the source said, is the "unique Xbox One exclusive" that Microsoft executive Phil Spencer said was being saved for a Gamescom announcemen

Gaf have done the detective work and it looks like it may be Fifa. The thing is if you were to buy a PS4 & Fifa it would still be cheaper than the ONE. :D

So apparently Microsoft are bundling a 3rd party game with the console.

Gaf have done the detective work and it looks like it may be Fifa. The thing is if you were to buy a PS4 & Fifa it would still be cheaper than the ONE. :D

Getting FIFA as a free launch title would be a massive coup for Microsoft. When you factor in the Kinect (which a lot of people admitedly won't want) it's an alright deal.

That makes sense considering that they're announcing something to do with the "Biggest franchise in Europe" at Gamescom.

It's a great deal. I'm assuming it being a bundle deal you may not be able to trade it in (like Forza 4 Essentials) but either way it's still a good deal.

Have to say I'm loving the competiton that is happening between Sony & Microsoft as it means we the consumers are going to win. Here's hoping Sony chuck in a free game too:D

edit: looks like its a digital copy: http://media.whosay.com/400992/400992_lalt.jpg

Edited by Rowan

Launch games have been announced but still no actual launch date yet.

•Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (Ubisoft, Ubisoft)

•Battlefield 4 (DICE, Electronic Arts)

•Call of Duty: Ghosts (Infinity Ward, Activision)

•Crimson Dragon (Grounding/Land Ho!, Microsoft Studios)

•Dead Rising 3 (Capcom Vancouver, Microsoft)

•FIFA 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)

•Fighter Within (AMA Ltd., Ubisoft)

•Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10 Studios, Microsoft Studios)

•Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft Paris, Ubisoft)

•Killer Instinct (Double Helix, Microsoft Studios)

•LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (TT Games, Warner Bros. Interactive)

•Lococycle (Twisted Pixel, Microsoft Studios)

•Madden NFL 25 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)

•NBA 2K14 (Visual Concepts, 2K Sports)

•NBA LIVE 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)

•Need for Speed: Rivals (Ghost Games, Electronic Arts)

•Peggle 2 (Popcap, Electronic Arts)

•Powerstar Golf (Zoe Mode, Microsoft Studios)

•Ryse: Son of Rome (Crytek, Microsoft Studios)

•Skylanders: Swap Force (Vicarious Visions, Activision)

•Watch Dogs (Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft)

•Zoo Tycoon (Frontier Developments Ltd., Microsoft Studios)

•Zumba Fitness: World Party (Zoë Mode, Majesco

It'll be as pointless as the content Sony secures for AC every year.

As for the free game being Fifa, who gives a damn? Its for pre-orders only for console that would of sold at launch anyway and the PS4 is still cheaper with Fifa and you could probably get PS+ with it for the same price.

Maybe they would of been better served bundling something like Forza.

I shows a real lack of confidence in their product. I share that lack of confidence.

The console that sold the most amount of units of the previous generation gave away a free game too, remember?

It doesn't show a lack of confidence at all. It's about giving extra value to the console to make more people choose it over the PS4.

The console that sold the most amount of units of the previous generation gave away a free game too, remember?

It doesn't show a lack of confidence at all. It's about giving extra value to the console to make more people choose it over the PS4.

It's the biggest 3rd party sports game vs a free low budget 1st party game for families selling then on a new concept. No comparison.

You could buy Fifa bundle on the ps4 and get a noticeably more powerful and equipped console for less. It just reflects poorly on MS. Do they have an answer to PS plus? It's going to be amusing in the run up to Christmas.

Kinect won't matter to most people. I can see why it wasn't live streamed as the kinect games would have got booed. Retailers would prefer to sell more games. Following Nintendo's WiiU strategy isn't a good idea. MS direct coming?

I fully expect Xbox fans to grasp on every little thing like Nintendo fans for the foreseeable future.

Edited by Choze

I can't tell you you're wrong, but you're definitely not correct. Microsoft are worried about their pre-order numbers.

It'll be as pointless as the content Sony secures for AC every year.

As for the free game being Fifa, who gives a damn? Its for pre-orders only for console that would of sold at launch anyway and the PS4 is still cheaper with Fifa and you could probably get PS+ with it for the same price.

Maybe they would of been better served bundling something like Forza.

Yeah, I know. I'm not too bothered. Just wish these kind of exclusives would stop. All they do is piss off the customer...well, they piss me off.

you could buy Fifa bundle on the ps4 and get a noticeably more powerful and equipped console for less.

No one cares how powerful they are. Even though it's a different market, Apple has proved multiple times that the end consumer doesn't care about statistics. There's a great scene in Mad Men where I think Don Draper sees the advert for the VW Beetle for the first time and says "but where are all stats about the engine?"

Think in the eyes of the consumer, the average person who is going to be buying the console, be it PS4 or XB One. All they care about is the games it can play and what their friends will be getting.

Yeah the PS4 is cheaper, but in the long run the £40 difference if you're counting FIFA isn't a lot of money. Most people have their 'allegiances' already and £40, or even £80, isn't likely to sway them that much.

It's a good move to reverse some of the damage. Most people are casual gamers so will probably buy into this sort of promotion quite readily. However there's still a lot of people who do actually research before they buy/have a more than superficial interest in gaming that I think won't be swayed so easily by this. In terms of value, it's pretty clear that you're getting much more for your money with the PS4.

Also, £40 is a fair chunk of money, let alone £80. Hell, even if it were only a £20 I'd say it would make a difference. The reason Microsoft have bundled FIFA in with pre-orders is because pre-orders are trending behind their expectations. I think it's a bit of a weak stunt because it's limited stock too (of a digital title), so who know how many people will actually get a copy.

If I were Sony I'd just slap a PS Plus sticker on the box and say it came free with DriveClub: Plus Edition when you subscribe to Playstation Plus. Boom.