Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox One Console Discussion

Cube

Xbox One available this November in the UK priced £429

Microsoft has now detailed the limited Day One Edition of Xbox One, available for those who reserve the system at participating retailers.

You'll get a limited edition Xbox One Day One branded controller, and a unique commemorative Day One Achievement, plus in-game DLC for a number of launch titles.

Microsoft has now detailed the limited Day One Edition of Xbox One, available for those who reserve the system at participating retailers.

Xbox One - Day One Edition DLCs Details:

Microsoft released details of a premium "Day One" edition of the Xbox One and its E3 press conference. On the Amazon listing for the console, it's noted that, "Xbox One - Day One Console includes a limited edition controller, token code to unlock Day One achievement, premium packaging, and decal." There will also be exclusive DLC available for select games, including the following.

• Ryse: Son of Rome - Exclusive multiplayer map and sword with bonus attributes.
  • Forza Motorsport 5 - Access to four cars tuned to the top of their class.
  • Kinect Sports Rivals - Exclusive sporting equipment that separates your Champion from the rest of the world.
  • Dead Rising 3 - Exclusive Frank West and Chuck Greene Tribute Packs with bonus attributes.

The premium edition will be available to those who reserve the console at "specific major retailers." It's going to be available in limited quantities, so the only way to guarantee it is by reserving one. Perhaps the most interesting element of this is that the addition of a Day One achievement means that Xbox One will now have system-level rewards available.

Edited by Dante

If I want to play multiplatform games, and can accept enforced online DRM, I'll just play on my PC.

Xbox None For Me.

If I buy a console other than Nintendo's, I will because it makes gaming on my TV more convenient. Enforced online and game 'rentals' are not what I consider convenience.

I'm going PC-only for the next few years. I'll jump on board the console train on the later part of the gen. My high end PC is more than enough to keep me very, very busy, especially now with all the games running a 360 gamepad option, and considering my PC is hooked up to my living room tv, it'll be the same for a long while. :P

Plus I have a butload of Wii games I never finished because of the prospect of playing them on Dolphin and which will now look fucking amazing. =D Ahah! Glorious time to be a PC gamer. ^^

I thought that the MS conference was a strong showing. Arguably stronger than Sony's (which was a strong showing also) in terms of exclusive software. However that price is monstrous. All in, a day one purchase would likely set you back around £550 with a game and XBOX Live Gold account.

I've always said that the two biggest factors in why consoles rise and fall are price and advertising. With a price like that, and taking into account the bombs Sony dropped, I can't see this selling well at all.

Is anybody here getting an Xbox One now? I'd be really interested to hear why...

I'll miss my gamerscore :p

If they backtrack on the used games bollocks and the 24hr online check up and knock 100 quid off of the price, I'll get one if just for Dead Rising 3 and Titanfall.

If they backtrack on the used games bollocks and the 24hr online check up and knock 100 quid off of the price, I'll get one if just for Dead Rising 3 and Titanfall.

Well, I should imagine there will be MS reps running around the conference trying to put out those fires for the next few days.

I do however feel that a lot of this nonsense was dreamed up by EA and they have been trying to persuade one manufacturer to lead the way on it. Nintendo obviously rejected it, but MS clearly bought into this shite and they are ultimately the ones who will pay dearly if their console sinks like a rock because of it.

EA however will slither off and just pump out their yearly tripe elsewhere and survive the storm.

thats got to be the only way anyone would buy one now!

i just can't see MS's Xbox surviving this gen, and having sale in the first few months that make the WiiU look like a record breaking smash