N-Europe

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Retro_Link

Am I the only who couldn't give a crap about what the console looks like? Surprised they're building it up this much to be honest.

So is the sony conference on at 2am?! I'd like to say i won't watch it, but i think I'm already certain I will :) What is the xbox time5pm? There's an apple one too. I was going to take monday off work, but actually makes sense to have tuesday off, conferences start at 5 on the monday, late night tuesday watching sony, up and starting wanking in prep for Nintendo's. DONE!!!

I don't think they are :blank:

They're just teasing the press conference, and the fact they will show it.

Am I the only who couldn't give a crap about what the console looks like? Surprised they're building it up this much to be honest.

So is the sony conference on at 2am?! I'd like to say i won't watch it, but i think I'm already certain I will :) What is the xbox time5pm? There's an apple one too. I was going to take monday off work, but actually makes sense to have tuesday off, conferences start at 5 on the monday, late night tuesday watching sony, up and starting wanking in prep for Nintendo's. DONE!!!

I don't care either, which is why I don't get why some people have sniped about Sony's "poor" showing simply because they didn't show it. Do people care that much?

@dazzybee It matters because what it looks like will BE the PS4. The reveal is completely symbolic, a performance - it's marketing and they're doing it right.

Of course it's not actually important (what it looks like literally serves no function beyond facilitating air-flow), it's not a big deal for me, but when we finally see it we/gamers/consumers will finally have a focus point; a physical thing to fetishise. Welcome to materialism and human nature.

On a side note, the top is slanty.

But I think it's only a symbol because they've built it up so much. I don't think people care that much. The Xbox one is an abomination but no one is talking about it. (It's almost like everyone is distracted by something else with that one). They'll show people will talk about it for. Bit but by the end of next week no one will care and be talking games games games.

Here's a list of currently confirmed titles for the PS4

• Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
  • Basement Crawl
  • Battlefield 4
  • Blacklight: Retribution
  • Call of Duty: Ghosts
  • Carmageddon: Reincarnation
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • DC Universe Online [Free-to-Play]
  • Daylight
  • Deep Down
  • Destiny
  • Diablo III
  • Doki-Doki Universe [Free-to-Play]
  • DriveClub
  • Dying Light
  • EA Sports UFC
  • The Evil Within
  • FIFA 14
  • Final Fantasy (Untitled)
  • Hohokum
  • inFAMOUS: Second Son
  • Killzone: Shadow Fall
  • Knack
  • Lords of the Fallen
  • Madden NFL 25
  • NBA 2K14
  • NBA Live 14
  • Need for Speed Rivals
  • The Pinball Arcade
  • Planetside 2 [Free-to-Play]
  • Primal Carnage: Genesis
  • Rocketbirds 2: Evolution
  • Shadow Warrior
  • Silent Enemy
  • Skylanders Swap Force
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Super Motherload
  • Super Stardust (Untitled)
  • (Another Housemarque game in development)
  • Thief
  • Tiny Brains
  • The Walking Dead: Season 2
  • War Thunder: Ground Forces
  • Warframe
  • Watch_Dogs
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  • The Witness
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order

That's a healthy list. It's also encouraging that a fair few of those are confirmed for this year.

You'll probably be able to add Destiny of Spirits. Sony's registered the domain, developed by From Software.

A description has apparently popped up today...

The seal is broken! The eldritch magicks separating the land of Man from the realm of the gods has been breached. The corruption of the mortals bleeds into the Empyrean, twisting paradise into an abode of untold horrors. Gods gone mad devour angels and rain curses down upon the faithful, while demons break free from their prisons and set themselves on high. The darkening of Heaven beckons warriors from beyond the Nexus, and the Destiny of Spirits falls into the hands of the brave few.

• Embark on a crusade through the twisted wastes of the Empyrean, an open world like no other

• Battle monstrous gods and their minions in challenging, skill-driven combat

• Play cooperatively online with up to three other companions, or haunt the worlds of strangers

• Gather materials, build weapons and items from scratch, and customize your gear

• Designed from the ground up for the next-generation PlayStation 4 console

• Take the Empyrean anywhere with PlayStation Vita Remote Play functionality

Sounds like another nice exclusive. Like a team Demons Souls.

Edited by Daft

I'm game. Importing Demon's Souls was probably the peak of excitement I felt this gen. Only topped by the purchase of Freeloader + Brawl back in the day when the US got special treatment with that game too.

Edit: As for the box, I don't know what you're driving at Dazzy. It's important because it's necessary to connect the whole concept behind the system to something concrete, otherwise it doesn't really exist as a product. Sure we won't talk about it for long, but the hurdle needs clearing. You can't deny there is a certain glitz appeal to these things, consoles don't come round often.

Edited by dwarf

Okay, the alternative is they don't hype their own product.

Yay?

This is E3. It's all about showmanship. Have a bit of fun with it.

I don't mean that, I guess I just think they have much better thing to show off I suppose. Or maybe it just feels weird because I personally don't care about the machine itself (unless it's unbelievably amazing and different, incredible design); if you do care about that then maybe it helps build excitement, does nothing for me.

Deep Down is not confirmed as a game yet is it?

Already a decent number of games I'd take a look at on PS4...

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Destiny

DriveClub

Dying Light

Hohokum

inFAMOUS: Second Son

Killzone: Shadow Fall

Knack

Super Stardust (Untitled)

Thief

Tiny Brains

Watch_Dogs