Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Retro_Link

That's just nuts!

I enjoyed 5 a lot playing co-op with @jayseven. Completing it on the harder difficulties and finding/unlocking everything was a blast.

I don't think I ever once played it single player though, it was a mess and had some really weak sections. Resi 4 however I thought was consistently excellent from start to finish.

As good as the Wii U quick launch screen is, surely it represents the same thing that people are complaining about the PS4's home screen. It only shows your recently used games/apps.

And anyway, even with the quick launch screen on the Wii U, I'm sure it's quicker to get into a game on the PS4 than it is on Wii U. Rest Mode is absolutely brilliant.

Yes it does. But the Wii u has that (which is quicker than PS4) AND it has complete custmation of all your apps. Plus the quick load doesn't keep music/media/and all those pointless apps in the quick load function. My problem isn't it has it, it's that it's all it has with no customisation.

But with Fierce's example, it's all about how we play games. personally his example is borderline pointless for how I play games and use the machine. Being able to fully customise is far far more important than me.

As for speed over features. Why do we have to choose? Wii U OS and PS4 speed would be ideal.

Indeed.

It's easily better than Resident Evil 4, IMO.

...... Your love of Transformers is making more sense ;)

...... Your love of Transformers is making more sense ;)

A big reason why I fell in love with Resident Evil was the story and characters. The ending of Code Veronica set up what was looking to be a final battle with Umbrella. You then fire Resident Evil 4 up to find that Umbrella got taken down due to their stock crashing and losing their funding. The game had essentially lost me from that point. :D

4 just felt like a spin off. I think their was only the inclusion of Ada that was any kind of real throwback to the original games. This is why I like 5 more. It felt more like I was playing a Resident Evil game that tied into the original games, especially the DLC sections.

A big reason why I fell in love with Resident Evil was the story and characters. The ending of Code Veronica set up what was looking to be a final battle with Umbrella. You then fire Resident Evil 4 up to find that Umbrella got taken down due to their stock crashing and losing their funding. The game had essentially lost me from that point. :D

4 just felt like a spin off. I think their was only the inclusion of Ada that was any kind of real throwback to the original games. This is why I like 5 more. It felt more like I was playing a Resident Evil game that tied into the original games, especially the DLC sections.

Interesting, the stories have always been functional for the gameplay for me. Resident Evil 5 just didn't do it for me in anyway and didn't even finish it. I love 1, 2 and 4. Others are okay. Actually loved the lightgun games on the wii too :)

Plus the quick load doesn't keep music/media/and all those pointless apps in the quick load function.

Being able to fully customise is far far more important than me.

Is this badly worded or a contradiction? I use my PS4 for Netflix and Spotify a hell of a lot so I would want them on any quick menu option, but is it correct the Wii U one doesn't let you have these kind of apps? (Can't be bothered to charge my GamePad to find out :heh:)

Interesting, the stories have always been functional for the gameplay for me. Resident Evil 5 just didn't do it for me in anyway and didn't even finish it. I love 1, 2 and 4. Others are okay. Actually loved the lightgun games on the wii too :)

Yeah, i'm one of the nutters who loves the story of the games and plays them because of this. Even read the books as well. :D

Is this badly worded or a contradiction? I use my PS4 for Netflix and Spotify a hell of a lot so I would want them on any quick menu option, but is it correct the Wii U one doesn't let you have these kind of apps? (Can't be bothered to charge my GamePad to find out :heh:)

Ah sorry, the Wii U displays the last 10 apps you have used, whether netflix or a game. PS4 has things locked to this quick menu - like music and media. Which I will never ever use.

Yeah, i'm one of the nutters who loves the story of the games and plays them because of this. Even read the books as well. :D

Ha. Reminds me, yesterday I saw, I think, an SUV (I know nothing about cars) and it had Umbrella Corps logo and name on the side of it. Wish I took a picture. The guy driving could see me and my mate staring and pointing at it, he looked like he'd never been as proud in his life.

Ha. Reminds me, yesterday I saw, I think, an SUV (I know nothing about cars) and it had Umbrella Corps logo and name on the side of it. Wish I took a picture. The guy driving could see me and my mate staring and pointing at it, he looked like he'd never been as proud in his life.

It was Wesker! Probably done right thing leaving him alone. :D

I can therefore get quite aggressive when people say that RE:5 is shit. :laughing:

A common misconception. ;)

Indeed.

It's easily better than Resident Evil 4, IMO.

Resi 5 along with Gears of War are the best co-op games out there; me and @Eddage had great times with them.

My problem with Resi 5 is with it being a Resident Evil game. It takes place during the day, unlike 4 is never scary, has forgettable boss fights that aren't a patch on RE4, and I don't find it a satisfying conclusion to the Resident Evil/Wesker story, or those characters. When you look at how the characters were last portrayed in Code Veronica, Chris and Wesker are disappointing. I really don't like what they did with Jill in the game.

Resident Evil 4 is a standalone side story, and actually I think it would be enjoyable to have other similar games that follow key characters on other missions. A bit like how the Marvel characters do their own thing and then assemble for The Avengers.

The Dying Light character actor sounds a lot like Chris Redfield (if in fact it isn't), and it's kinda fun to think of that as being Chris on a solo mission.

Edited by Retro_Link

Dunno if you have heard this great anime called Psycho-Pass but they are gonna bring the Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness game to the Europe and America on PS4+PSvita.

Look like it's a visual novel type game.

Psycho-Pass is fucking awesome!

The anime at least.

I'm still playing Sonic Generations.

The gameplay is, for the most part, excellent. Buuuuut, the overworld design is so terrible. It's reeeeeeeally difficult to actually keep track of which levels you've done. I wish it was all a bit more simple, especially with the level progression. The whole "act 1, act 2" thing is a bit daft and it's confusing trying to find out how to unlock the boss gates.

This does sum up the Sonic series in a nutshell. Great gameplay at times, but it's a far better game when it goes for simplicity. Who honestly gives a fuck about doing all of these challenges? Sonic traditionally could only run and jump...and he was all the better for it.

Question about PS4 and Vita remote play. Does anyone do it? Like, a lot? And does it work. I never did get to play about with it and from the reviews I read when it was introduced, some people said there was some lag and it wasn't as good as it could be? But like I say, I never tried so don't know.

Just curious if anyone on here utilises it and feels like it's wortth using.

Thanks y'all.