NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

At least you get to keep your platinum trophy if they release new DLC.

Oh right, got it. For some reason I read Shorty's post the other way round (that platinums do get taken away).

Slow day at the office so I figured I would put everyone on here who is on my friends list through the PSN Profile card maker.

Hero-of-Time.png

Lostmario.png

RedShell-NE.png

Sharra_Blade87.png

Anilp228.png

clownferret.png

Cooper2085.png

Daft.png

DarrenBolton.png

daviddakota.png

Deathjamm.png

drahcon.png

Eddage.png

Eenuh.png

EmeraldEmblem.png

feonline.png

flameboyNE.png

fonster_mox.png

gaggle64.png

Cookyman1970.png

gmaclachlan.png

HappenstanceUK.png

jamessan85.png

Jimbob-NE.png

KwetlaJ.png

MadDog91UK.png

MattFCO.png

Meltigemini.png

Metal-Mutiny.png

Ninty_K.png

paddy_k84.png

paulmuchmore.png

RadKav82.png

Rowan146.png

Rumdumcious.png

somme_uk.png

SILENT_MOUNTAIN.png

Tahles.png

teh_jimzor.png

I think that's everybody. :D

I assume that the background is the last game that I have played on or got a trophy for? I like my Cloud background.

Also can I have the profile thing part of my sig? Does it automatically update?

I assume that the background is the last game that I have played on or got a trophy for? I like my Cloud background.

Also can I have the profile thing part of my sig? Does it automatically update?

Yeah, just replace your sig with this...

Sharra_Blade87.png

Quote to nab the link.

I think it automatically updates and yeah, the picture is from the last game you played.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

You can go on that website and chose the background photo I believe though, if you want to keep the Cloud one.

How in the actual fuck does Daft have over 300 games? That's insane.

You can go on that website and chose the background photo I believe though, if you want to keep the Cloud one.

How in the actual fuck does Daft have over 300 games? That's insane.

Dat PS3/PS4/Vita combo.

Ah yeah, I forgot it would be for PS3 and stuff as well. Still, that's a lot of games!

Ah yeah, I forgot it would be for PS3 and stuff as well. Still, that's a lot of games!

You get games every month for all 3 systems with Plus.

Bloody hell @Hero\-of\-Time, look at your completion rate compared to everyone else :D Props to you, look at my lowly 7.26%!

Will have to get gaming a bit more to improve my lowly score :) Thanks for doing all these cards!

I couldn't care less about trophies and whatnot but thank you for taking the time to do that @Hero\-of\-Time, that's really nice of you man!

Thank you @Hero\-of\-Time I'd been meaning to get one of these trophy cards for a while, just never got around to it. :)

I went on site and got everything properly activated, set up an account etc and it's all working now, check my signature. : peace:

Hopefully this will motivate me to get back on my Playstation platforms and earning a few more trophies, I will get myself a platinum... one day! :D

Merry Christmas! :D

Hackers have threatened to ruin Christmas for gamers hoping to spend time playing ever-popular Xboxes and PlayStations for the second year running.

The anonymous threat comes from a group known as the Phantom Squad who have posted a tweet in recent days announcing plans to disrupt Xbox live and PSN networks for a week this Christmas.

Last year a similar hack, by a group called the Lizard Squad, lasted three days over Christmas.

It was brought to an end thanks to a deal brokered by internet mogul Kim Dotcom.

Desperate to play his favourite game Destiny Mr Dotcom offered the hackers a lifetime worth of premium Mega vouchers to end the cyber attack.

But just 12 months later a similar action to take the ever-popular Christmas gift off-line looms.

"We are going to shut down PSN and XBox Live on Christmas. And we are going to keep them down for one week straight," it posted on twitter.

The squad tweeted they chose to taken down PSN and Xbox Live because cyber security did not exist.

This has been roundly condemned by gamers and Dotcom today tweeted he would be more than upset if Sony and Microsoft had not taken necessary steps to upgrade networks from last year.

"Warning @Sony & @Microsoft. You had 1 year to upgrade your networks. If Lizard Squad takes down PSN & XBOX this Xmas, we'll be pissed! " he posted.

Mr Dotcom said if the online games were hacked it would entirely be the tech company's fault as they had been given plenty of time to prepare for a repeat attack.

"I managed to strike a deal with the hackers last year to stop the attack. I doubt I will be able to do it again. I bought Sony and Microsoft time to upgrade their networks. Let's hope they used that time wisely."

A spokesman for Xbox NZ declined to comment. Sony did not respond to requests for comment.

Thanks @Hero\-of\-Time for the trophy card. I don't like that 0 next to the platinum trophy lol, i guess something needs to be done about it....some day :laughing:

Bit annoying, but let them do it. I can survive without my games(I hope) and they're kinda right if Sony/MS aren't gonna up their shit then I'd hold them slightly responsible too.

I dunno. I feel like I'm quite flippant on this.

I won't be around my PS4 for the week of Xmas anyway, so I laugh in their face.

This has it's own thread in the General Console area, but figured I would put the details in here as well.

PZUhgAF.jpg

Sony Computer Entertainment Enters Into An Agreement With Kojima Productions

The First Software Title Created by the Newly Formed Kojima Productions will be Console Exclusive to PlayStation®4 System

TOKYO, Dec. 16, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCE) today announced that it has signed an agreement with Kojima Productions, a newly formed studio by the acclaimed game designer Hideo Kojima, to develop its first software title as a console exclusive to the PlayStation®4 (PS4™) computer entertainment system.

"PlayStation®'s history is one of game innovation and great new franchises," said Andrew House, President and Global CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. "Hideo Kojima has been a huge part of that history, and we are therefore delighted that he has chosen to bring his brand new project to life in partnership with PlayStation. We look forward to working with him on an exciting new game and warmly welcome him to the PlayStation family."

"I will be taking on a new challenge by establishing my own independent studio, and I am thrilled to be able to embark on this journey with PlayStation, who I have continued to work with all these past years," said Hideo Kojima, Game Designer, Kojima Productions. "I cannot wait to deliver, with PlayStation, a game that will become a compelling franchise."

SCE will continue to expand the world of PS4 to deliver entertainment experiences that are only possible on PlayStation.

I've never been to fussed by Kojima(only ever really done MGS1) but it's another great move by Sony imo. Love how excited the dude in the video seems too!