NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Star Wars Episode 7: The Force Awakens

Ah, thanks for reminding me, I almost forgot. But tickets for my cinema (of choice) aren't up yet. I'll check back later. I'll probably go with the 2D version as well, I'm liking this trend of distributors giving us a choice for a change.

Took me the best part of the day of me constantly reloading the Odeon site, but the tickets are finally booked for the midnight showing. :yay::yay::yay:

I was on the website for over 2 hours, crashing, not working - I ended up then getting down to the BFI Imax, going apeshit at the manager there (I do realise it isn't directly his fault, but he is a spokesperson :) ) then snagging the last two seats sat together!!!

Also got 5 tickets for the Thursday night screening too! Not ecstatic it's in 3D, but thats the price to pay watching it on the biggest screen in the uK :)

Now, which character should I dress up as....

Got 2 tickets for the 16th.. Not in the ideal cinema, but it's in the original 2D. We (my brother and I) may go see it in Dolby Cinema afterwards, but we'll decide closer to the releasedate..

Teasers for the final trailer that will hit today.

Final poster was revealed yesterday.

image007_zpsq0bkezcq.jpg

Man that poster is actually pretty spoilery about one thing. I know it was heavily hinted but still, the internet is the worst. Only thing that's happened in media this year was Kathy coming back to Eastenders.

(i assume the link works, my work network has issues with thumbnailed youtube)

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng

I want to know who died, Rey is holding someone in a brown jacket whilst crying, then she's angrily shooting

Not feeling it. Feels a bit by the numbers.

Had hope for this now that George Lucas is no longer involved (the man can't write to save his life - "Only a Sith deals in absolutes". Please.), but the trailer worries me.

Going to give it a shot, but am not overly hyped.

Not kidding when I say I must have watched the trailer around 15 times since this morning. I had tears in my eyes when the classic tunes started to play. My hype levels could take down a Death Star at this point. :yay:

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Not kidding when I say I must have watched the trailer around 15 times since this morning. I had tears in my eyes when the classic tunes started to play. My hype levels could take down a Dearh Star at this point. :yay:

Exactly the same!

Told myself I wasn't going to watch it, but I'm weak and it was on as soon as I woke up! The only reason I haven't watched it even more is the fact I'm on a train with poor Internet signal.

So ridiculously excited.

SEREBII WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?

Not kidding when I say I must have watched the trailer around 15 times since this morning. I had tears in my eyes when the classic tunes started to play. My hype levels could take down a Dearh Star at this point. :yay:

Like the one in the poster?

Exactly the same!

Told myself I wasn't going to watch it, but I'm weak and it was on as soon as I woke up! The only reason I haven't watched it even more is the fact I'm on a train with poor Internet signal.

Yup. First thing I done when I woke up. A lad at work done exactly the same. @lostmario even got up at 5am to watch it. The hype is real. :D

Like the one in the poster?

Yes, I do believe it is now called a Dearh Star. :heh: That's what I get for trying to write stuff on message boards while at work. :)

Edited by Hero-of-Time
Automerged Doublepost

I woke up, watched it, went back to sleep. Got up for work, watched it again.

SEREBII WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?

I don't have the childhood nostalgia that makes Star Wars that awesome to most. I didn't see it until I was around 15 so went in with that and just got frustrated with the wooden dialogue and clichéd writing.

Don't get me wrong, they're mostly good popcorn entertainment, but not the pinnacle of movies or sci-fi and I just don't find myself excited by it. Still going to give it a chance though, especially as George Lucas isn't writing or directing. Got a ticket for Dec 17th at 10pm.

Best thing about Star Wars is the games in my view.

Have to say that the trailer still feels nothing like classic Star Wars and more like Nu Trek...

That being said, I like Nu Trek, so I'll enjoy it for what it is. Got my tickets on launch day, so I'm good to go :)

and more like Nu Trek...

That's because Nu Trek was essentially a new Star Wars film.

That's because Nu Trek was essentially a new Star Wars film.

Nah, Nu Trek's tone is far more dark and serious, the pacing is much faster (it's practically on speed in comparison) and the style of cinematography is totally different (no that doesn't mean just lens flares ;) The shots are quicker, scenes don't have the same levity and pace, you get lots of wide angle shots that you just don't really see in the original 6 SW movies etc; the list goes on and on).

But eh? I more or less expected that. It's an Abrams movie and I expected it to be like one; so I'm not too bothered. It's pretty much a fan made sequel and I'm gonna look at it (and the upcoming future movies) differently from the first 6.

I'm with Serebii on this. Not feeling the trailer as much as I thought I might.

The trailer felt like it could be the trailer for a superhero origins story. I'm not overwhelmed but it's Star Wars and it can't possibly be as bad as Epsiodes I, II and III.

Might get you in a mood to watch all Episode 1-6 before Episode 7.

Anyone who didn't plan to do so beforehand is a fool.

A FOOL I TELL YOU.

I'm debating watching the supercut of Episode 1 & 2 on youtube then watching 3-6 on DVD (never bought the blueray and i thought i had....), but my conversion to the school of thought that Jar-jar* was meant to be a Sith Lord has dulled my dislike of the prequels so i might rewatch them all fully

*google it, makes a compelling argument that seems very possible, and makes me slightly ashamed for hating him so much if i added to the pressure to change Lucas' original plan