NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Star Wars Episode 7: The Force Awakens

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng

excuse me i need to take an oil bath and replace some servos that are leaking

I'm not really feeling the hype, but damn there were some stunning visuals like the crashes star destroyer and the x-wings. Also that helmet!!

Yeah it's kinda jarring seeing Harrison Ford back as Han and no doubt all the original cast, but hey.

This film is going to make the generic samey Marvel ones look like utter shit.

It was okay. I mean, it's Star Wars, it doesn't really need to show anything else. Until I get a story trailer instead of random shots, I'm just kind of only mildly interested. I'm definitely excited but not because of this.

And yeah, agree with @Retro_Link, seeing Harrison Ford was a bit jarring. Like someone's grandpa trying to be cool. Which is weird, because he is cool. But he didn't look it there.

I'd hate to see a story trailer, to the point where I'm going to (try) and go media blackout on this film until release. Don't want to be spoiled anymore.

Love the trailer.

And seeing BB-8 as a practical effect was amazing.

Love the trailer.

And seeing BB-8 as a practical effect was amazing.

Lucas would have made the stormtrooper's blasters in CGI, never mind BB-8!

What do people expect? For Harrison Ford to look like he did in 1977? It's like you're surprised that he's in his 70s.

Also, I wonder why they've dropped the Episode VII in the title? I know, they did it ages ago but it still seems weird.

Not sure why it seems weird? The original trilogy didn't have the episode numbers in the title, and these films need to get as far away as possible from the prequels.

Oh god. Seeing Han Solo that old basically broke the entire movie for me!

It didn't look real. It looks like they've filmed that part separately five minutes before the trailer had to be complete and shoved it in there! But, still, I couldn't help but smile like a teenager again. :D

Hype hype hype!

Oh god. Seeing Han Solo that old basically broke the entire movie for me!

What?! It was the best part of the trailer!

THAT is how to do a teaser trailer. Marvel and Disney, take note.

We're really pushing it by calling that a teaser trailer. :p

It was okay. I mean, it's Star Wars, it doesn't really need to show anything else. Until I get a story trailer instead of random shots, I'm just kind of only mildly interested. I'm definitely excited but not because of this.

And yeah, agree with @Retro_Link, seeing Harrison Ford was a bit jarring. Like someone's grandpa trying to be cool. Which is weird, because he is cool. But he didn't look it there.

Weren't you complaining that trailers give too much away? And now this one doesn't tell enough story?

But...this is Disney.

Weren't you complaining that trailers give too much away? And now this one doesn't tell enough story?

I like trailers with a bit of a narrative and there was one here. I just didn't think it was particularly well executed. Just because it touched the right boxes doesn't mean I think it did it well. It didn't do it badly but like I said, it's Star Wars, it doesn't need to do much.

Not really sure what you don't understand. Because the trailer didn't give crap loads away like Age of Ultron that it's automatically good? There are nuances to storytelling and filmmaking; just because a thing it's bad doesn't make the opposite good. Personally, I'd just like a bit more and we'll get that trailer for sure soon.

Forgive me for not going weak at the knees simply because of the fan-service.

I like trailers with a bit of a narrative and there was one here. I just didn't think it was particularly well executed. Just because it touched the right boxes doesn't mean I think it did it well. It didn't do it badly but like I said, it's Star Wars, it doesn't need to do much.

Not really sure what you don't understand. Because the trailer didn't give crap loads away like Age of Ultron that it's automatically good? There are nuances to storytelling and filmmaking; just because a thing it's bad doesn't make the opposite good. Personally, I'd just like a bit more and we'll get that trailer for sure soon.

I guess that's why they've called this a teaser trailer. You can't expect/be disappointed with lack of story in a teaser trailer.

In a story trailer, fair enough, but not one that's quoted as being a teaser. It's done exactly as it's said, teased.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you've said this or that, I do agree with what you say above.

It's alright, I'm just tugging your lower limb.

I generally don't mind what's in a trailer, as I tend to forget anything I've seen once the opening credits appear anyway.

Some trailers are awesome without showing anything at all, and some have some sort of narrative. Most of my favourite trailers are down to good music and editing.