NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Star Wars Episode 7: The Force Awakens

I guess that's why they've called this a teaser trailer. You can't expect/be disappointed with lack of story in a teaser trailer.

In a story trailer, fair enough, but not one that's quoted as being a teaser. It's done exactly as it's said, teased.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you've said this or that, I do agree with what you say above.

It's alright, I'm just tugging your lower limb.

I generally don't mind what's in a trailer, as I tend to forget anything I've seen once the opening credits appear anyway.

Some trailers are awesome without showing anything at all, and some have some sort of narrative. Most of my favourite trailers are down to good music and editing.

Just to be super clear, I'm not disappointed. It looks great. That opening shot of the crashed Star Destroyer is epic. I like JJ Abrhams. So this film has literally nothing to prove to me, I don't need to get excited because I'm 100% certain it's going to be brilliant. I think the Star Trek reboot is an absolute masterclass in pop-culture (less said about Into Darkness, the better) so I will be there day one or as soon as I can get a ticket for this.

So I'm not disappointed at all, but for it to excite me personally, I need a little bit more. In fact, I might just need the premise of the film's conflict. With the Gravity trailer it was survival; the Age of Ultron trailer - which I actually think is great but shows way too much - it's Ultron and the consequences of intention; the Batman v Superman trailer is about power and who you place it in; Godzilla's was about man vs nature. Because that's what excites me about films, it's the questions they pose. If you had to ask me what Episode 7 is about then I'd say...I don't have a fucking clue but it's Star Wars.

Obviously it comes down to personal preference. But I like trailers that are a little self contained. They almost a short in and of themselves. They ask these questions or pose these premises and then you want to go see the film to see what happens.

Edit: For example, this is an amazing teaser (for a terrible film)

And this is another one I love.

Both awesome teasers. But it's personal preference obviously.

That's fair. I think about trailers (and films) much more simplistically; after watching it, do I want to watch it again? If yes, it was good. If no, it was not good.

For me, that Star Wars trailer isn't really a teaser trailer.

THIS is a Star Wars teaser trailer.

It's essentially the trailer before the trailer. It's under a minute long. Long enough to get you hyped, short so that it doesn't show you anything. If anything, it shows you the concept, the vision, what the project sets out to do.

As for the trailer itself: I thought it was great. That opening shot is just superb and I trust Abrams enough to know what he's doing. He'll nail it, I'm certain of it.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Yeah... That's a really great trailer!

You know that they're doing something right when they show basically absolutely nothing and you feel hyped regardless! :D

But...this is Disney.

Damn, forgot all about that... Maybe they can guarantee more profit on Star Wars so they intentionally made the Age of Ultron trailers seem shit... no, that doesn't make any sense either. Hmm.

Dear Disney,

Why did you make the Star Wars trailer and Age of Ultron trailer poles apart in terms of quality and excitement? Was someone having a bad day?

Regards,

Iun

There is also a trailer for Star Wars Rebels season 2

James Earl Jones!

I'm loving SW Rebels, its captured so much of the original trilogy's atmosphere

ITs amazing how the TV shows (Clone Wars & Rebels) have been much better stories than the prequels...its like the better writers were given free reign on them, and during the prequels, yes men didn't question Lucas

I read that one of the writers who did TESB and ROTJ is back for Force Awakens (and beyond) and he has done some interviews on working with lucas, and in one he said Lucas' vision and scripts wee generally great, but you'd get to bits that were just aweful (in TESB & ROTJ) and he'd done that so the other writers knew what he wanted to happen at that point and run with it...so its implied in the prequels people just didn't change things, or if they did they were worse

Lucas did have some control over The Clone Wars and butted in multiple times (he changed a planet's name form Korriban to Moriband for no reason).

tumblr_nmyzyyMGdI1qltxtto1_1280.jpg

You know, you're making me rewatch the trailer to see if that's really in it.... LOL. :indeed:

http://blogs.disney.com/insider/2015/07/07/breaking-the-han-solo-movie-just-got-a-lot-more-awesome/

The fourth Disney Star Wars film will be a young Han Solo film. Directed by Chris Miller and Phil Lord.

Chris Pratt to play young solo? would be awesome if he got that and indiana jones

but seriously this could be interesting, the EU already had a story for Solo so it will be interesting to see what the new universe does with him (hopefully they won't have him already be married, that was just awful)

(hopefully they won't have him already be married, that was just awful)

You know that's from the new canon, not the old one, right?

You know that's from the new canon, not the old one, right?

No....i thought that was considered part of the old cannon

uhhh crap :blank:

Getting a bit tired of Star Wars news to be honest.. I'll go see Star Wars VII and Rogue one. I did like the sound of that. But those need to convince me (and make me forget the last trilogy) first before I consider seeing the others..

If Star Wars VII is more than decent, I'll make a little trip to see it a 2nd time in Dolby Cinema. It's supposed to be the first (or one of the first) to make use of that technology.

IMAX ticket booking in London is slogging along something fierce. C'mon, c'mon!

I feel like I'm the only person on the internet who's actually managed to get through for the BFI IMAX! So lucky.

Keep going guys, you can do it! :D

I'm through again and not even half the seats have gone. Don't give up hope!

Edited by Mr-Paul