NEurope
are1981

Wii U eShop Thread

Mighty Switch Force 2 for me please!

Also, I'm getting Deus Ex, but I found it from retail cheaper, so I'll get it from there.

WTF!? No digital version of Wii Party U? Why?

It would be great for people who don't need another Wiimote, who would rather get the game solus for a cheaper price!

Also MSF2's £/€/$ "conversion" is total BS :mad:

So a rumour on Gonintendo states Nintendo may be working on updated versions of N64 games?

If you're game for a little rumor rumbling, we've got a juicy one for you. Supposedly Nintendo is going to release a series of reworked/revamped classic N64 titles, including Super Mario 64. The titles will be revamped visually and feature some other upgrades as well. Also, the rumor states that you'll only be able to purchase these via eShop for $30 a pop.

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=215295

(Original source: http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/2013/10/23/rumor-nintendo-bringing-super-mario-64-reumagined-and-other-updated-classics-to-wii-u/ Dunno how reliable they are)

Personally I'd be OK with this, especially if they include new features (online?).

Mario 64.....upgrades? Graphics only surely? unless they've added in the changes from the DS version, multiplayer? some half hearted online system (leaderboards)

I decided to upgrade one of my Wii VC games so I could use the GamePad controller (it's a complete farce that you can't use it as a "Classic Controller" in the Wii Emulator).

Like the 3DS, the VC is rather stupid and distracting. I managed to find the hidden option to hide the display on the GamePad, but it still displays a message (with a "glow" around the edge of the screen), just like the 3DS shows a message saying to press for the menu.

First of all, why is the option hidden in the first place? There's a large blank square on the menu that it can be used for.

Secondly, why can't the message be turned off so the screen is not on at all?

Not to mention that the game I upgraded is the wrong ROM. I have a French/German version of Super Metroid with subtitles you can't turn off (luckily, there aren't many cutscenes).

The ability to change controller layout is a nice addition (even if Super Metroid already has that feature). I'll definitely be changing the shoulder buttons around (the top ones are a bit out of the way).

The PAL Super Metroid has always had French/German subtitles you can't get rid of. I remember them being there on the SNES original. They never changed the Wii U VC version over to the US 60Hz one, did they?

The PAL Super Metroid has always had French/German subtitles you can't get rid of. I remember them being there on the SNES original. They never changed the Wii U VC version over to the US 60Hz one, did they?

No, sadly not. NOE's MO seems to be "if it had an EFIGS localisation originally, put up the PAL version; if not, use the NTSC one"

Fair enough, I wouldn't want to see the games being unavailable in EU languages wherever possible, but at least give us a choice of which version we want to play when you do have cases like this!

Just won a £15 eShop voucher at the London Expo! Now, what to spend it on...?

Wii U Virtual Console

Super Castlevania IV (Konami, €7.99 / £5.49) — Now this is a perfect Halloween game, and some would argue — against some fierce opposition — that it's the peak of the Castlevania franchise. This Super NES title is held in particularly high esteem for good reason, and is sure to tempt some downloads on the spookiest night of the year. You can see what we thought in our Wii Virtual Console Super Castlevania IV review until we summon the bravery to tackle it all over again. This is the US version of the game.

Wii U Retail Download

Wii Fit U (Nintendo, free trial) — Arriving on 1st November, you can download a free 31-day trial of the full Wii Fit U software, giving you early access if you also have Wii Balance Board. This could be a far cheaper option than buying the sets coming to retail, as you just need to buy and sync a Fit Metre (available at retail in various colours from the same date as this download) to extend the trial indefinitely. We'll do some stretches and warm up for a review.

Wii U eShop Retail Download Temporary Discounts

Trine 2: Director's Cut (Frozenbyte, €6.79 / £5.49 until 14th November, normally €16.99 / £13.99)

Wii U eShop Retail Temporary Discounts

Assassin's Creed III (Ubisoft, €14.99 / £11.99 until 7th November, normally €69.99 / £54.99)

Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth (Ubisoft, €14.99 / £11.99 until 7th November, normally €29.99 / £23.99)

ZombiU (Ubisoft, €14.99 / £11.99 until 7th November, normally €29.99 / £23.99)

Resident Evil Revelations (Capcom, €29.99 / £23.99 until 14th November, normally €49.99 / £39.99)

Rabbids Land (Ubisoft, €14.99 / £11.99 until 7th November, normally €29.99 / £23.99)

Sports Connection (Ubisoft, €14.99 / £11.99 until 7th November, normally €29.99 / £23.99)

Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013 (Ubisoft, €14.99 / £11.99 until 7th November, normally €29.99 / £23.99)

In for SCV4 and Wii Fit U.

That RE: Revelations sale is weaksauce compared to the US one! (Mercs is crazy cheap though! If you haven't already bought it, GET IT!)

In for SCV4 and Wii Fit U.

That RE: Revelations sale is weaksauce compared to the US one! (Mercs is crazy cheap though! If you haven't already bought it, GET IT!)

AC3 is tempting me at 11.99.

This week in Europe

Saw no November thread yet and I don't want to run that :p

This week in Europe

Wii U

Wii Sports™ Club: Day Pass €1.99(£1.79)

Wii Sports™ Club: Bowling - Single-Sport Pass - €9.99 (£8.99)

Wii Sports™ Club: Tennis - Single-Sport Pass - €9.99 (£8.99)

Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games €49.99 (£39.99)

Batman: Arkham Origins €59.99 (£49.99)

Toki Tori €1.99 (£1.79) Will be €3.99 (£3.59) from 6/12/13, 0:00 UTC

Price Reductions

Permanent

Assassin's Creed® III €19.99 (£15.99)

Avengers™: Battle for Earth €19.99 (£15.99)

Rabbids® Land €19.99 (£15.99)

Sports Connection €19.99 (£15.99)

Your Shape®: Fitness Evolved 2013 €19.99 (£15.99)

ZombiU™ €19.99 (£15.99)

Temporary

Toki Tori 2+ €8.99 (£7.79) Until 14/11/13 23:59 UTC

For Toki Tori owners- 60% off regular price if you already bought Toki Tori on Nintendo eShop on your Wii U-€5.99 (£5.19) Until 14/11/13 23:59 UTC

ZombiU™ €19.99 (£15.99)
Wow. :o

I'm pretty sure the majority of Wii U owners have played it already, but that is a great price for that game. icon14.gif

I'm pretty sure the majority of Wii U owners have played it already, but that is a great price for that game. icon14.gif

Wasn't that £11.99 on the eShop last week?

It still is until this Thursday. Get it in.

It still is until this Thursday. Get it in.
Really? (not been keeping track of it obviously :heh:) Double wow then. :hehe:

AC3 is tempting me at 11.99.

Seems to get so much hate. It's a slow start for sure, but it's still a AA title. Also...vast and has great historic merit. Love this game, can't believe more didn't pick it up. :weep:

A GREAT price but I remain too scared to play this. The demo was deleted after mere moments in the nursery. :idea:

Edited by tapedeck
Automerged Doublepost

A GREAT price but I remain too scared to play this. The demo was deleted after mere moments in the nursery. :idea:
Hehehe! I hear ya, that nursery part is nasty. :grin:

Just hope that @Mokong X\-C doesn't catch wind of you not getting the game... Whoops. :woops::heh:

This week in Europe

Wii U

Sonic Lost World Demo

Coaster Crazy Deluxe €6.70/£5.99

The Mysterious Cities of Gold: Secret Paths €14.99/£13.49

EDGE €1.99/£1.79 (Ends February 1, afterwards €3.99/£3.59)

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag €69.99/£55.99

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes €49.99/£44.99

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Demo

Ben 10 Omniverse 2 €44.99/£36.99

Barbie Dreamhouse Party €29.99/£29.99

Monster High 13 Wishes €29.99/£24.99

Wii U VC

Brawl Brothers - SNES - €7.99/£5.49

Price Reductions

Wii U

Rayman Legends (Ubisoft) - €29.99/£23.99 (Permanent, was €44.99/£36.99)

Nice to see two demos. Looking forward to trying both games. Also...tempted to get Rayman at that price even though it's £19 online.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag €69.99/£55.99

BARGAIN.

Seriously though, the Rayman price is very good!

Definitely should be picked up by anyone who hasn't played yet!

Also really pleased to see a Sonic Lost World demo at last. I can finally decide if I want the game then or not! :heh:

damn Mysterious Cities of Gold game, based on the TV series that was my favourite growing up

very tempted by it without even knowing anything about it! ;)

Waaaaaa... aaaaaahh... aaaaaaahhh, someday we will find the Cities of Goooohhhooold! Doo doo do der doo ahhhhhhh... doo doo do der doo Cities of Gold!