NEurope
are1981

Wii U eShop Thread

Yeah, but what does that joker know? :)

I'll probably pick it up then, you've convinced me, just need to convince a friend to get it for online co op

Ah, so that's what that email was for.

HarmoKnight is an absolute must buy. Amazing rhythm game. Dazzybee clearly sucks ass at it :laughing:

@RedShell will also attest to its goodness. :D

I will indeed. :hehe:

But in hindsight I do think it's a bit overpriced. :hmm: They really should've included those features that were mentioned in the Iwata Asks, like online leaderboards, endless mode, etc...

Anyway, good luck getting on the eShop to download anything at the moment. It was down all yesterday by the looks of things, and it's still not working now. :nono:

I wanted to get NES Remix as a Christmas present to myself. :weep:

Hopefully this is a sign that loads of people have picked up a Wii U for Christmas and the turnaround has begun. Probably not though. :heh:

@RedShell I can't believe you've waited this long to get remix, I think it's the type of game you'll cream over
I know. :hehe:

But I've been playing through Bayonetta and wanted to get that finished before moving on to another game, plus I was saving NES Remix for Christmas day anyway. :santa: But yeah, so much for that idea. :heh:

Hopefully this is a sign that loads of people have picked up a Wii U for Christmas and the turnaround has begun. Probably not though. :heh:

Clearly those 12 or so extra people are what caused the system to overload and crash. Haha!

Actually, latest Media Crate numbers show Wii U gaining momentum in Japan, where it sold over 100k last week, second only to 3DS. Though it probably won't hold that high after this, here's hoping Nintendo has got the ball rolling at least in Japan.

I think Nintendo needed some extra servers for Christmas... somehow I don't think many people will be able to download SMB3 on either VC today, I can't even get the eShop to load still. :(

I think Nintendo needed some extra servers for Christmas... somehow I don't think many people will be able to download SMB3 on either VC today, I can't even get the eShop to load still. :(

No doubt they have, and it still wasn't enough. GOG for instance quadrupled their capacity during a similar time; and they still went down.

Steam, PSN and Xbox Live have also suffered outages too. That being said, releasing Pokemon Bank on Xmas day in Japan was a monumentally stupid idea. As if they needed even more server load during a time when millions of people will be opening up their shiny new Wii Us & 3DSs and when tons of existing 3DS users will by trying to link their NNID accounts to their handhelds AND when people are scrambling to buy NES Remix, WSC Golf, A Link Between Worlds (both those trying to redeem codes that come with the Zelda 3DS consoles AND those in Japan, where the game just came out today), the Pikmin 3 Xmas DLC and the free Yoshi's Island themed Sonic Lost World DLC...

What the hell did they expect to happen!?

The only 'upside' to the Wii U eShop being down is that you get a lot of extra time to play the 'tile matching' game on the loading screen... not that it's much consolation. :p

i'm getting really annoyed with the eshop being down, Christmas day was expected everyting was down for a time, but its been 2 days now its taking the piss

Fuck me, the eShop is dreadful. Even when the actual thing is working like it should, it's a cluttered mess and it feels slow to navigate.

But today, eurgh. I've received Injustice: Gods Among Us for Christmas and I thought I'd take a look at the DLC available for it. General Zod is up there, but where are the Man of Steel skins? Please don't tell me that we've been shafted as Nintendo console owners and these aren't available on the Wii U.

Secondly, I've paid for Zod. I've inputted the card details, which the eShop took very quickly (funny that) and yet my download keeps failing. It says that the download is complete but it fails on the install.

Basically, complete bullshit. If you're quick enough to take my money, you should be just as quick to give me that item that I paid for. I thought I'd get a quick bit of Injustice in before Match of the Day but this whole fiasco took around 40 minutes and I STILL haven't got my fucking General Zod.

Fuck you, Nintendo. It took me an age to even get onto the eShop today, and that's counting the amount of times I was kicked out with some sort of error code.

I'd still wait for a bit if I were you guys though... Wait till it's fully stable before buying all your stuff...

NOE Europe just tweeted

To improve your experience, we are temporarily taking the Nintendo eShop services offline between the hours of 10 p.m. and 10 a.m. CET.

JPN Eshop still down for me

Someone on gaf posted

For the time being, the #3DS #eShop will only be available to Japan between 6 am and 6 pm in order to alleviate the server load.

Edited by liger05

I'd still wait for a bit if I were you guys though... Wait till it's fully stable before buying all your stuff...
I managed to get on this morning and successfully purchase/download NES Remix! :yay: But yeah, the eShop definitely felt a bit sluggish still. :hmm:

Yikes, what a mess. Yeah, Sony, Microsoft and Steam all also encountered issues on Christmas day, but it's the 28th and Nintendo are still flailing about. This really does not instill confidence in them, especially for new console owners.

Yikes, what a mess. Yeah, Sony, Microsoft and Steam all also encountered issues on Christmas day, but it's the 28th and Nintendo are still flailing about. This really does not instill confidence in them, especially for new console owners.

Yeah and Valve has the excuse that they gave away Left 4 dead 2 for free which caused Steam to take a hammering along with its big Xmas sale, and they still managed to fix it by the end of the night.

yfM1BpD.png

How deep is this problem? Surely its not just an overload issue.

Edited by liger05

I entered the eShop pretty smoothly yesterday around 00:00 CET. Didn't buy anything though.

I managed to get online last night and buy Ducktales Remastered which downloaded without a hitch. There seemed to be issue with that game downloading its patch though, it was downloading very slowly and kept failing over and over. But at least it lets you play the game without having to wait for the patch to install so it wasnt really an issue.