NEurope
are1981

Wii U eShop Thread

Wii Karaoke U is coming out as a free download on 4th October http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Wii-U-download-software/Wii-Karaoke-U-by-JOYSOUND-774729.html

Can sing with a Wii microphone or the Wii U tablet. You get a 1 hour free trial to play the game, after that you have to buy karaoke tickets. I hope the tickets are decently priced.

Pricing is as follows...

In addition, getting started will require purchasing a one hour (€1.99/£1.79), 24 hour (€4.99/£4.49), or 30 day ticket (€14.99/£13.49) - via an in-game 'Ticket Purchase' icon linked to Nintendo eShop - in order to perform songs from the extensive online catalogue, while users without a ticket can still open the application and browse songs, build playlists, and customise in-game features. However, as a promotion from launch, and for those wanting to get to grips with Wii Karaoke U by JOYSOUND before buying a full ticket, a free one hour trial ticket will be available to redeem via Nintendo eShop after the application has been downloaded.

Sounds reasonable :)

£1.80 is good for an hour of karaoke, cheaper than booking a room at the karaoke place :D

This feels like the kind of thing that could REALLY do with NFC debit card support for payments. You want something like this to really be as friction free as possible...

Hope they have a good selection of tracks. That lucky voice is a similar priced subscription and they have an insane amount of stuff. And it's popular. Nintendo should really hype this up

Its great to see Nintendo promote eShop around the web but precious little seems to happen on WiiU itself. Weekly updates are hidden in thr eShop and I personally miss the Wii Shop Channel style ticker for new releases. Perhaps we could receive notifications and a permanent eShop tile i Wara Wara plaza highlighting new titles?

Me and Dakota discussed this, am I the only one who wants them to bin off he plaza altogether, it's so pointless and a waste of useful space. I'd love it if the plaza was just the messages you have from friends, or even their replies to your posts, or challenges. The shop could be highlighted here too; just a more live space overviewing the services. Much more useful.

Me and Dakota discussed this, am I the only one who wants them to bin off he plaza altogether, it's so pointless and a waste of useful space. I'd love it if the plaza was just the messages you have from friends, or even their replies to your posts, or challenges. The shop could be highlighted here too; just a more live space overviewing the services. Much more useful.

I like the style of Wara Wara Plaza but the actual content is a problem; I don't care for poor illustrations of Mario from people I don't know. And I care less for their opinion of games. What I do care about is relevant content; the whole thing should be rejigged to show most recent "achievements" (although my vision of achievements is very different to Microsofts and Sonys - more of personal and social challenges really). Having these pop up, in near real time would be awesome along with current 'trending' stuff; perhaps 3 or 4 tiles for trending games, 3/4 for achievements/challenges and one for eShop which should scroll through new titles.

Like Miiverse itself Wara Wara Plaza is too broad; it needs to be focused and relevant.

I'd also like Wara Wara Plaza to be more personalised. Keep the regional messages in there but put my friends messages on there first and instead of including random games use more of the games that I actually play.

Maybe throw in a list of the latest additions to the eShop so I don't have to open the app just to see what's new.

Anyone got some good reccomendations on eShop games.

Thinking I should look into some more, so far I only have Trine 2, Nano Assualt Neo and Zen Pinball 2.

Thinking I should look into some more, so far I only have Trine 2, Nano Assualt Neo and Zen Pinball 2.

Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition! :awesome:

Toki Tori 2 (which just got a massive update and is also on sale ;) ) and Bit Trip Runner 2.

I would also recommend Mighty Switch Force HD if you don't have a 3DS, but really I think it's a better experience in 3D (and in portable form :) ).

The Cave, great fun if you like puzzle/platform/adventure games

Puddle is actually really good if you haven't played it on other platforms, scientifically, it's quite interesting too learning how different liquids react in wierd and surprising ways.

Just don't use the gyro controls, it's much harder that way. It's quite short too, around 6 hours worth of playtime.

Firstly, wait until tomorrow's press release, incase something's going on sale! :wink:

My recommendations are Bit Trip Runner 2, Star Wars Pinball, and seeing as you enjoyed Trine 2, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams is supposed to be quite similar.

This week in Europe

Wii U

GAME PARTY CHAMPIONS €29.99 (£19.99)

Wii U VC

Mega Man™ X €7.99 (£5.49)

This week in Europe

Wii U

GAME PARTY CHAMPIONS €29.99 (£19.99)

Wii U VC

Mega Man™ X €7.99 (£5.49)

Quick! Somebody tell @Hero\-of\-Time! :D

Fracking finally! :)

You owe yourself to play Toki Tori 2.

Yup! Wanted to play a proper version (Screw you Maverick Hunter X!) of this on a handheld screen for years!

Gonna feel so goooooooodddd :D

Is it really that good? I loved Mega Man as a kid on the NES, played 9 but not much, bought 10 didn't touch... Shall I wait and play through all the others or is it good enough to dive straight in to?

Is it really that good? I loved Mega Man as a kid on the NES, played 9 but not much, bought 10 didn't touch... Shall I wait and play through all the others or is it good enough to dive straight in to?

The X series is far more forgiving than the original and is much better, IMO. The 16bit sprites still look amazing and the soundtrack is fantastic. You don't need to play the others at all to get enjoyment out of this series.

I personally don't see what all the fuss is about with X, and much prefer the NES titles (+ 9 and 10).

Allow me to tip the balance :) I loved Mega Man X on the Wii VC and will be upgrading. Can't really pick between it and MM2 as a fav. It's a different kettle of fish to the classic series to be sure; less tight, but more varied, and just as challenging overall. Visuals and music are from Capcom's top drawer.