NEurope
are1981

Wii U eShop Thread

Jesus Christ.

I've been on holiday for 3 days and the WiiU Thread has been shut down!?!?

I guess my time to buy a WiiU has come.

I thought Wii U had been moved to the Retro section.. : peace:

Anyway, it's good to see Pilotwings on the Wii U VC this week :smile: I was, and still am, tempted to get it on the Wii though I still have it on SNES so I'm not sure if there's much point :heh:

The original Pilotwings :love:

I wish Resort had brought back instructors.

The original Pilotwings :love:

I wish Resort had brought back instructors.

Agreed. It's a small thing, but it added a lot of character and charm to the game that was sorely lacking in the 3DS game.

Agreed. It's a small thing, but it added a lot of character and charm to the game that was sorely lacking in the 3DS game.

I know, it was the game I bought at launch with my 3DS and made me lose a little faith in the 3DS library. It took me up until Mario Kart 7 and Mario 3D Land to regain that faith. :red:

I've never played a Pilotwings apart from the 3DS version (that I loved). Is this one worth it?

I'd buy it if it was the 64 version, but I'm always cautious buying SNES games that use Mode 7 (or something to that effect) as I just don't think they stand the test of time very well.

Also, does anyone know when Spin the bottle comes out? This is a great interview:

I've never played a Pilotwings apart from the 3DS version (that I loved). Is this one worth it?

Get it!!!! It's the best Pilotwings IMO.

This week:

Star Wars Pinball

VC

Donkey Kong (30p)

Kid Icarus

Metroid

So games weve had on the 3DS... these should be already out and free to play on the wii u if we have them on the 3DS, so annoying. Can't wait til the Wii U gets as good as the 3DS in this department. Anyone think Nintendo are waiting for the userbase to build up in the autumn?!

Still all those star wars tables will be mine!!

Going digital with Pikmin 3 so that's good news.

Confirmed on the eShop.

IMG_20130711_220317.jpg

Edited by Ike

Nice, but it would probably be physical for me.

This weeks downloads for the Wii U.

Retail Download

The Smurfs 2 (Ubisoft) - €39.99/£31.99

One of the summer's top animated films is now a video game! The evil wizard Gargamel has created the Naughties, and together they travel to Smurf Village, kidnap Smurfette, and imprison her in Paris. It's now up to Papa Smurf and friends to travel from the Enchanted Forest, through the streets of New York, into Paris, and everywhere in between to save the day and bring Smurfette home safe!

Special offers

Puddle (Neko Entertainment) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends August 1, normally €9.99/£8.99)

That is all.

God every other day there are eshop announcements... When the trickle comes it'll be good. It's a bit embarassing currently

I feel as though now is when Nintendo should be churning out the VC titles! Then pull 'em back a bit when the eShop titles come rolling in. Oh well, you can't complain when Donkey Kong is 30p this month :D

Anyone know when Game make the eShop download codes available? Do they appear at midnight, later on launch day?

This week in Europe

Wii U

Pikmin 3 €49.99 (£39.99)

Special Offer: Panoramic View €1.99 (£1.79)

If you buy or own any three out of these four Wii U Panorama View video tours, you can download the fourth one for free! Only from 25/7/13 until 08/8/13.

Wii U Virtual Console

Kirby's Dream Land™ 3 €7.99 (£5.49) - US Version

Wii Virtual Console

SENGOKU 900 Points

Wii Virtual Console

SENGOKU 900 Points

OMG! The Wii VC lives! :o

That means that there's still hope for Money Idol/Puzzle Exchanger and Twinkle Star Sprites yet! :yay:

Well, Wii VC has been getting Beat 'em up -games from Neo Geo at a constant pace, so it doesn't really surprise me. What does, tough, is that they are using time and money to actually release these for the Wii, instead of Wii U. Might be the install base, altough I doubt this games sell very well.

Well, Wii VC has been getting Beat 'em up -games from Neo Geo at a constant pace, so it doesn't really surprise me. What does, tough, is that they are using time and money to actually release these for the Wii, instead of Wii U. Might be the install base, altough I doubt this games sell very well.

They probably have had all these games ready to go for a good while now and are just getting through that backlog that has been built up over the years.

screw promotions release some damn virtual console games! at this rate it will be 2015 before we've even got all the "core" nintendo titles (Super mario bros 1-3, World, Yoshi's island, Donkey Kong Country etc etc)

screw promotions release some damn virtual console games! at this rate it will be 2015 before we've even got all the "core" nintendo titles (Super mario bros 1-3, World, Yoshi's island, Donkey Kong Country etc etc)

We are getting Kirby's Dreamland 3 this week, we got Earthbound last week and we got Donkey Kong, Metroid and Kid Icarus the week before (Super Mario Kart is also probably on it's way shortly as it came out on the JPN VC not long ago). We also already have had SMB 2 and Super Mario World on the Wii U VC for a while already, so you can knock those off your list.

Nintendo have actually been pretty good about getting their own 1st party titles out on the Wii U VC quickly. We've gotten those ones at a MUCH faster pace than the Wii VC ever did. The problem is the lack of 3rd party releases, which are currently anemic, even in comparison to the Wii VC! (The lack of non-Nintendo consoles also hurts a lot).

Also, they have yet to delve into titles that haven't received previous re-releases on the Wii VC (with Earthbound being the one glaring exception of course)

Can anyone explain why you would buy a digital version of the game, that you cant trade in, or physically hold, for the same price you can buy a retail copy?

£39.99 pikmin 3 download, or £39.99 from shops......

I really wish they would price digital content accordingly. If new releases were like £24.99 it would be worth it!

Can anyone explain why you would buy a digital version of the game, that you cant trade in, or physically hold, for the same price you can buy a retail copy?

£39.99 pikmin 3 download, or £39.99 from shops......

I really wish they would price digital content accordingly. If new releases were like £24.99 it would be worth it!

Convenience. Eliminate clutter - I've a massive chest rammed full of games and that's just no longer practical. Although id like to see lower prices for digital the current crop of promotions (So Many Games, Pikmim/W101) are a great substitute. However, suggesting £25 for digital copies is lunacy, £30 seems a reasonable expectation. It is frustrating to see GAME discount physical copies but not the digital copy. That would be nice.

The EU says I should be able to transfer/sell ownership of my digital licenses, if I were that way inclined (and had money to burn on lawyers) I'd sue Nintendo for illegally restricting my right to sell my digital licenses.