NEurope
are1981

Wii U eShop Thread

Spin the bottle: Bumpies Party - What a multiplayer game! It's really crazy and so much fun. And the idea of sitting around a GamePad and using Wii Remotes for tasks really brings you all together instead of being hunched around a TV screen.

I'm really impressed so far, had a couple of 4-player games on thursday and will be going to a BBQ (or indoorQ, maybe) on Monday so shall have a go on it again then with hopefully 6 people. I can only imagine its more fun the more people you have. It's as crazy and weird as I was hoping Game & Wario would be.

Highlight being the 'walk the dog' minigame where I made my friend get on all fours and blind folded her. I then had to direct her to where my Remote was. Invisible tennis from across the room is also pretty hard.

And shit, I nearly accidentally got the Sketchpad thing thinking it was the full game. Haven't had time to watch the NDirect yet, you see! Also can't wait to sink my teeth into Wonderful 101 demo. And I really want to see the 101 Direct! And I still haven't played any more Earth Bound! And I need to go to sleep soon!

*Gasp*

Edited by Josh64

Do note that if you get Art Academy Sketchpad, you'll get a discount off the full game when it's released

Spin the bottle: Bumpies Party - What a multiplayer game! It's really crazy and so much fun. And the idea of sitting around a GamePad and using Wii Remotes for tasks really brings you all together instead of being hunched around a TV screen.

I'm really impressed so far, had a couple of 4-player games on thursday and will be going to a BBQ (or indoorQ, maybe) on Monday so shall have a go on it again then with hopefully 6 people. I can only imagine its more fun the more people you have. It's as crazy and weird as I was hoping Game & Wario would be.

Highlight being the 'walk the dog' minigame where I made my friend get on all fours and blind folded her. I then had to direct her to where my Remote was. Invisible tennis from across the room is also pretty hard.

You should check the review thread more often. You could have gotten it for free!

You should check the review thread more often. You could have gotten it for free!

Review thread? Where?

This week

No Wii U VC games this week in Europe

Wii U

Pokémon Rumble U - £13.49/€14.99

Duck Tales - £13.49/€14.99

Wii VC

Nam-1975 - 900 Points

Special Offers

Trine 2: Director’s Cut - €6.79 (£5.49) until 5/9/13, 23:59 CEST

Pokémon Rumble U - £13.49/€14.99

I'll be honest, I thought the price was going to be a bit higher than that. Not bad.

I'll be honest, I thought the price was going to be a bit higher than that. Not bad.

It would have been. However, it seems Europe's price was reduced compared to the US and Japan where they normally do straight conversions: 1800¥ = $18 = €18. This time, Europe is getting it cheaper, possibly because of the lack of NFC figures

well i like the WiiU eshop games......but already we are down to NOT A SINGLE VC game? christ! they are slow enough as it is, now they might as well just abandon it because its like they don't want to support it now

Oh man, I was just gonna ask what's going on with Pokémon and NFC. A shame really but I can see why they wouldn't take the risk in Europe!

Perhaps they'll try again in a few years with a sequel when there's a few more Wii U's flying around.

I dont want to use the wii section of the wii u for VC games. Will they ever port any of the old VC games direct to the Wii U? I want alex the kid!

Should be noted that, despite the PR saying Duck Tales is £13.49, the eShop says it's £11.99

I am currently upset that you can only save 12 pictures in Art Academy!

Are the 30cent/pence promotions over?

Sadly. Last one was Donkey Kong.

Shame. I've got 60cent left on my account I was hoping to get rid of soon :heh:

Shame. I've got 60cent left on my account I was hoping to get rid of soon :heh:

You can just put that towards anything you buy on there and just pay the remainder directly.

When you go to purchase something on the eShop (Wii U or 3DS) and you don't have enough funds, the shop asks you if you want to pay the remainder by credit/debit card and allows you to pay the exact amount (there's no minimum spend either).

You can just put that towards anything you buy on there and just pay the remainder directly.

When you go to purchase something on the eShop (Wii U or 3DS) and you don't have enough funds, the shop asks you if you want to pay the remainder by credit/debit card and allows you to pay the exact amount (there's no minimum spend either).

I did not know this.... :blush:

This week in Europe

Wii U

The Wonderful 101 €49.99 (£39.99)

Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Blacklist €69.99 (£55.99)

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams €14.99 (£12.99)

Wii U VC

Super Street Fighter™ II: The New Challengers €7.99 (£5.49)

Street Fighter II: The World Warrior™ €7.99 (£5.49)

Street Fighter™ II Turbo: Hyper Fighting €7.99 (£5.49)

Special "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" offer: If you buy any two out of these three Street Fighter games on Nintendo eShop on your Wii U, you can download the third one for free! Only until 29/08/13.

So Wonderful 101 is £30(-ish?) if you downloaded Pikmin 3, right?

Nice week for Street Fighter fans, I guess.

So Wonderful 101 is £30(-ish?) if you downloaded Pikmin 3, right?

Nice week for Street Fighter fans, I guess.

£28, indeed

Wii U misses out on Castlevania release.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate divided fans of the famous Konami franchise, perhaps because of its clunky name, or more likely due to its different take with a 2.5D camera and more measured, combo-driven combat. For our part we were fans, awarding 8/10 in our review.

In any case, Konami's Dave Cox had suggested in the past that bringing the title to HD systems wouldn't be overly taxing, as the development team had used suitable assets and an engine that was then shrunk down to the 3DS. Rumours of a HD re-release started swirling recently once again, due to a retailer listing, and Konami has now confirmed that Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate HD will arrive on 31st October as a download-only game. The kicker, however, is that it's coming to Xbox 360 and the PS3 and not the Wii U eShop.

Earlier in the year Capcom brought Resident Evil Revelations — at retail — to the Wii U as well as other systems, which seemed fitting as it was a port of a previous 3DS exclusive. Konami hasn't gone that way, and it seems like a pity; an affordable HD version of this title would have been an attractive offering on the eShop.

From Nintendolife.

Shame, the 3DS version was a cracking little game.