NEurope
are1981

Wii U eShop Thread

Got this from HUKD regarding the Street Fighter games

Will be on the eShop with the Thursday update 22nd August around 3pm. This deal is for 7 days only. £5.49 each or buy two versions and get the third free, so would work out only £3.66 each! Versions are: Street Fighter II: The World Warrior (£5.49) Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting (£5.49) Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers (£5.49)

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/wii-u-eshop-3-x-street-fighter-ii-games-for-price-2-10-98-total-works-out-3-66-each-1635361

Chances of online mode being added to at least one of the games?

Edited by lostmario

That's not a rumour, it has already been announced and no, online play has not been added.

These are the SNES versions (probably the US NTSC versions) untouched.

That's not a rumour, it has already been announced and no, online play has not been added.

These are the SNES versions (probably the US NTSC versions) untouched.

Apologies, had a quick look through the thread and somehow missed it on the previous page.

Edited by lostmario

Someone spotted something on Capcom Unity's twitch stream...

HbWYstn.jpg

Seems that Final Fight 2 is coming to the Wii U VC soon. Hopefully they'll follow in SF2's footsteps and get all of the SNES Final Fight games out at the same time :)

What a complete joke! There's no way am I dropping money on this shit, I'd rather emulate them (I can do so legally as I own the originals) or play them on the SNES than pay for them again for absolutely no reason what-so-ever. Adding online would have instantly made this worth the purchase for me.

What a complete joke! There's no way am I dropping money on this shit, I'd rather emulate them (I can do so legally as I own the originals) or play them on the SNES than pay for them again for absolutely no reason what-so-ever. Adding online would have instantly made this worth the purchase for me.

Indeed, Final Fight Trilogy with online mode, I'd buy that.

I wonder if we'll ever get arcade games like Turtles & Simpsons on the eShop as they are on PSN & Xbox Live.

What a complete joke! There's no way am I dropping money on this shit, I'd rather emulate them (I can do so legally as I own the originals)

It's NOT legal unless you yourself create the copy.

Can I Download a Nintendo ROM from the Internet if I Already Own the Authentic Game?

There is a good deal of misinformation on the Internet regarding the backup/archival copy exception. It is not a "second copy" rule and is often mistakenly cited for the proposition that if you have one lawful copy of a copyrighted work, you are entitled to have a second copy of the copyrighted work even if that second copy is an infringing copy. The backup/archival copy exception is a very narrow limitation relating to a copy being made by the rightful owner of an authentic game to ensure he or she has one in the event of damage or destruction of the authentic. Therefore, whether you have an authentic game or not, or whether you have possession of a Nintendo ROM for a limited amount of time, i.e. 24 hours, it is illegal to download and play a Nintendo ROM from the Internet.

http://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp#download_rom

Ergo you can only make back-up copies for yourself, not for anyone else. A rom downloaded from the internet, i.e. copied from someone else's copy, is illegal. Also, it's illegal to distribute the back-up copies, legit or not, since you don't have the copyright to do that.

Shit, those are the rules?

Yeah, I'm still not going to stop downloading ROMs. Dat sweet netplay.

Yeah, although in practice, most people have no means of making back-up copies in the first place, rendering the whole thing useless. With cds and pc games you can do that, but not with cartridges or console games.

This week in Europe

Wii U

Rayman Legends €44.99 (£36.99)

Disney Planes €39.99 (£34.99)

Wii U VC

The Legend of Zelda (NES) €4.99 (£3.49) - US Version

£36.99 is a bit of an odd price for Rayman Legends :blank:

But it's not a bad one Dcubed... :laughing: which makes a change!

odd price but pretty decent...might buy it just for my girlfirend as she loved playing it at nintendo events

I purchased Pokemon Rumble U at GAME on Thursday and downloaded it via the code but it doesn't appear to have shown up in Club Nintendo yet. Does it normally take this long?

This week's haul...

Wii U

- TNT Racers (€7.99/£6.99)

- Spot The Differences: Party! (€4.99/£4.49),

- Breath of Fire II (SNES, €7.99/£5.49).

- Epic Mickey 2 (€34.99/£29.99) (Price reduction)

Wii

- Sengoku 3 (NeoGeo, 900 Points)

That's the last Neogeo game that the US had that the EU didn't, so unless they're planning on releasing more games in the US, it looks like this will be the last game that ever gets released for the Wii VC :cry:

That's the last Neogeo game that the US had that the EU didn't, so unless they're planning on releasing more games in the US, it looks like this will be the last game that ever gets released for the Wii VC :cry:

The end of an era - particularly for me - but by the gods it's definitely time! : peace:

Considering that nearly all the games on the Wii VC are slowly getting re-released on the Wii U and 3DS VC services, it's only natural for this to happen so that these platforms can be more easily focused on.

For me it will be a relief not to worry any more whether there will be any more games released on the Wii VC or not. :smile:

Oh well here's some good news, looks like Giana Sisters Wii U was a sales success for Black Forest games :)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=668161

"Our sales on Wii U eShop in Europe are even better than those on PSN Europe. Now we are very curious to see how much the US Nintendo-fans like our game," said Adrian Goersch, managing director at Black Forest.

Considering that they ported the game primarily to see how well Wii U eShop titles sold on average I think it's safe to say that we'll be getting their future support :D

Finally!!!!

Hey everyone,

We are happy to announce that the Wii U version of Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara has a confirmed launch date of September 5th in North America, and September 12th in Europe. We sincerely apologize for the delays in getting this title to you all, and appreciate the patience and support.

Looking forward to gaming with those of you that get it.

Now if Capcom had a brain, they'd look to get out another 1-3 games on the Wii U and 3DS VC to coincide with D&D's release to make it "Capcom week" on both eShops (cough, Mega Man X cough!)

Capcom are idiots though so they won't, fans are crying out for megaman and they cancel games, now Mighty 9 the successor to Megaman is on kickstarter reaching its goal in no time and Capcom are so complacent they probably have no idea

I'm hoping the DKC games get released on Wii U soon! They all appeared on Wii pretty quick, so here's hoping! I'd love to be able to play DKC2 on the gamepad. That music... through earphones... oh man.

This week's Downloads.

Wii U

Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (Capcom) - €14.99/£11.99

Wii U VC

Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo) - €4.99/£3.49

Discount

Toki Tori 2+ (Two Tribes) - €8.99/£7.79 (Was €14.99/£12.99)

Edited by -Dem0-

I didn't know the Toki Tori 2+ patch was out..?

It will be released on Thursday, along the price reduction. I am excited to see what new Toki Tori 2+ brings! How I love Two Tribes...!