NEurope
are1981

Wii U eShop Thread

No A Link to the Past.....why nintendo just why? what are they planning? to release it a year from now to coincide with Albw anniversary?

No A Link to the Past.....why nintendo just why? what are they planning? to release it a year from now to coincide with Albw anniversary?

Yeah, I was hoping they'd have released it for this, too. Seems a bit weird that they haven't.

It'd just make ALBW feel even more familiar than it already does. The vague recollection of ALTTP's world is probably best.

This week's releases.

Super Mario 3D World (Nintendo) - €59.99/£49.99

Journey with Mario, Luigi, Peach and Toad to the Sprixie Kingdom in SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD! Bowser has kidnapped the Sprixie Princess, and it's up to Mario and his friends to rescue her and her friends, racing to the Goal Pole at the end of various courses along the way! The Sprixie Kingdom contains all sorts of exciting new obstacles for our heroes to negotiate and overcome, including transparent pipes that finally reveal how Mario travels through them! There are even new items and power-ups like the Super Bell that transforms your character into a cat, to scamper up walls and swipe at enemies! With four-player local multiplayer, special Wii U GamePad controls and Miiverse integration, SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD is an all-new adventure that's only available on Wii U!

Uncharted Waters: New Horizons (Tecmo Koei Games, SNES VC) - €7.99/£5.49

Uncharted Waters: New Horizons is an action-strategy game set in the Age of Exploration, the golden era of European global exploration in the 16th century. Set sail as an ambitious young hero or heroine, choosing from six different characters with unique backgrounds and motivations. Seek adventure as an explorer, amass a fortune as a trader, or become a fearsome pirate. The game offers the freedom to play as you choose. Travel the world's oceans, engage in sea battles and even take part in sword duels with enemy commanders. This is the US version of the game.

Pretty poor week this week. Then again, everyone's probably too busy playing Mario.

Scribblenauts Unlimited (Nintendo) - €49.99/£39.99

Take your imagination on a wild ride in Scribblenauts Unlimited on Wii U. Explore a huge side-scrolling open world filled with robust puzzles, and solve them using the most powerful tool in Maxwell's universe: your imagination! Step into a high-definition hand-drawn world and crack hundreds of brain-teasing challenges using anything you can think of. If you need to climb a tree, simply type in "ladder" using the Wii U GamePad's touch screen, and watch as the item appears right away. Be more adventurous and try out a grappling hook, jet pack, or any other inventive solution that pops into your head! And with the object editor, players can customise their creations and share them online with other players!

Pikmin 3 AOC All-New Mission Stages 12-15 x2 (Nintendo) - €4.99/£4.49

A pack of additional stages for Pikmin 3 Mission mode. Four stages each for "Collect Treasure!" and "Battle Enemies!" with four completely new maps, from a sandy beach to a strange factory. Additional stages can be played in the order of your choice.

I'll be grabbing that Pikmin DLC though.

Pretty poor week this week. Then again, everyone's probably too busy playing Mario.

I'll be grabbing that Pikmin DLC though.

There's also the Christmas levels that come in the new patch live today :)

There's also the Christmas levels that come in the new patch live today :)

Oh. Really? I assumed they were included in the DLC pack. :D

Scribblenauts Unlimited (Nintendo) - €49.99/£39.99

I can't believe they're actually putting it on at that price.

I can't believe they're actually putting it on at that price.

Yeah...I paid £10 more than that :(

I paid £36.25 less than that price.

You didn't get the Nintendo characters though. The game works really well on the Wii U, better than the PC imo.

Regardless of Nintendo characters and the GamePad, it really should not be more than £20 due to how delayed it is. Especially as the sequel is already out in some regions (and in Europe for other platforms).

(Anyway, due to the Steam Workshop, the PC version has more Nintendo characters than the Wii U version, you just need to go thorough the effort of searching for them before you can start using them).

Edited by Cube

Regardless of Nintendo characters and the GamePad, it really should not be more than £20 due to how delayed it is. Especially as the sequel is already out in some regions (and in Europe for other platforms).

(Anyway, due to the Steam Workshop, the PC version has more Nintendo characters than the Wii U version, you just need to go thorough the effort of searching for them before you can start using them).

Oh I agree wholeheartedly. I want Unmasked :(

What exactly is Scirbblenauts anyway?

Forgive my ignorance... what type of game is it?

What exactly is Scirbblenauts anyway?

Forgive my ignorance... what type of game is it?

A puzzle platformer where the only tool is your imagination

Wii Party U arrives late to the party but for that price you might as well get the physical and get a free Remote. Unless your already swimming in them.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (Nintendo, SNES VC) - €7.99/£5.49

On a dark and stormy night, young Link embarks on an adventure he - and you - will never forget! Princess Zelda has been taken prisoner and an evil wizard is attempting to unleash Ganon, the king of darkness. Only Link has the courage to save Hyrule! A Link to the Past is the critically-acclaimed Super NESTM chapter in the Legend of Zelda saga; famous for its atmospheric graphics and sound, ingenious dungeons, and for introducing now-classic items such as the Hookshot, Pegasus Boots and Master Sword. This is the European version of the game.

Wii Party U (Nintendo) - €44.99/£34.99

Wii Party U is a new party game using the best features of the Wii U GamePad and Wii Remote! These include good old dice games, along with games designed specifically for the Wii U GamePad and 80 new and exciting minigames to enjoy! With all these new games on the Wii U GamePad, Wii Party U is the ultimate party entertainment for people of all ages - regardless of how good you are at games!

Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! (Namco Bandai) - €44.99/£36.99

Princess Bubblegum summons Finn and Jake to the Candy Kingdom to investigate a rash of thefts and kidnappings that have plagued her kingdom. She thinks the cause lies within her Secret Royal Dungeon, where only the nastiest monsters and criminals are locked up. If they've found a way to escape, the Land of Ooo will be in danger!

RUSH (Two Tribes) - €1.99/£1.79 (Ends January 9, normally €3.99/£3.59)

RUSH is the third and last of the Two Tribes classics to arrive on Nintendo eShop. Other games in this range include 2D puzzle platformer Toki Tori and retro inspired platformer EDGE. In RUSH's fully three dimensional levels, players need to guide cubes to colour coded exit points using Conveyor belts, Warps, Stops Signs, Splits and more! The game can be easily controlled with the stylus on your Wii U GamePad allowing your brain to fully focus on the solutions!

Wii Fit U Quick Check (Nintendo) - Free

To launch Wii Fit U Quick Check, you must already have Wii FitTM U save data. You do not need to download Wii Fit U Quick Check if you have the paid download version of Wii Fit U. If you have the retail version of Wii Fit U, Wii Fit U Quick Check lets you easily transfer Fit Meter data, do the Body Test, and check your graphs without using the Wii Fit U disc.

Would I be able to convert my Wii version of A Link To The Past into the Wii U version for a small fee? I've been waiting on Nintendo releasing LTTP before I transferred my Wii Virtual Console games over to my Wii U, so I'm hoping it's possible. Want to play it on the Gamepad before I get the 3DS sequel for Christmas.

What's the deal with the spinning thing while the eShop launches? I got 3 to match up but nothing happened.

What's the deal with the spinning thing while the eShop launches? I got 3 to match up but nothing happened.

Been wondering this myself.

Mine loads too quick so don't really get a chance to get lucky.

Would I be able to convert my Wii version of A Link To The Past into the Wii U version for a small fee? I've been waiting on Nintendo releasing LTTP before I transferred my Wii Virtual Console games over to my Wii U, so I'm hoping it's possible. Want to play it on the Gamepad before I get the 3DS sequel for Christmas.

i think so i'm hoping for the same, i have super metroid and its always listed as a special offer of £1.50 on my eshop, (but i bought it in the 30p sale so ::shrug:) but i'd assume its the same for LTTP

The Wii U eShop has had a christmas overhaul. Such a happy tune in the background.