NEurope
are1981

Wii U eShop Thread

However, suggesting £25 for digital copies is lunacy, £30 seems a reasonable expectation.

I think £25 would be a fair price for a digital copy of the game. A new game is anywhere between £34.99 and £39.99 most of the time. If i were to buy one and trade it in a month later i would get about £20 on trade in. Meaning the game would have cost me under £20. If these developers are really going to push digital distribution the price point needs to be attractive enough to warrant a purchase.

Why am i going to spend £30 on a downloaded game with nothing "physically" there to hold onto, when i can pick up a "proper" version for a few quid more?

I don't think £25 is lunacy at all - in fact, I think downloadable games should be no more than £20. I bought a lot of 3DS cartridges, but only because I knew I could get a significant amount of money back for them. If games were download-only and all cost £30, I would hardly buy anything apart from the really big games like Zelda/Dragon Quest.

I love the idea of having a console with the classics 'built-in' in years to come having purchased digital versions of titles.

However, they should do more price reductions post-release. Like those Wii U launch games that should reflect their in-store price drops. I saw Darksiders for £10 in GAME - if that was on the store for £10 it would be an instant purchase for ease of use.

My copy of Pikmin 3 has not registered on the Nintendo Network Premium site, its registered at NOE Account though. Any ideas?

My copy of Pikmin 3 has not registered on the Nintendo Network Premium site, its registered at NOE Account though. Any ideas?

How long ago did you register it? Nintendo are pretty quick usually, but they do say it can take up to 7 days to update/register. I'd say give it a few more days, then email them.

Yeah me neither. Apparantly a lot of people have been having problems with it, going by comments on Neogaf...

I sent them an email yesterday, so hopefully tomorrow will bring some answers.

Edited by Dcubed

Very worrying this. Rumours that the premium and the 30% off won't count if downlaoded early. But then why should we suffer for Games mistake?!

This week for the Wii U eShop.

Cloudberry Kingdom (Ubisoft) - €9.99/£7.99

Unhappily ever after. That's how it starts. The Orb resurfaces and the classic characters return. Kobbler with his mania, Princess with her endless boredom. It's only a matter of time before Bob, our hero, shows up to restore order back to madness. Three powers struggle for victory and the fate of Cloudberry Kingdom hangs in the balance. What will become of the retired hero, Bob? Will saving Princess one last time win her love? Could true love ever stop Kobbler and the power of the Orb?

Harvest Moon (MarvelousAQL, SNES VC) - €7.99/£5.49

Follow in your grandfather's (muddy) footsteps and become a master farmer! This classic simulation lets you get hands-on with every aspect of farm life: from sowing crops to raising animals. The harder you work, the bigger and better your farm will become. You can also visit the town to buy supplies; from food and drink to keep up your strength, to labour-saving tools for making life easier.

Turbo: Super Stunt Squad (Namco Bandai) - €44.99

Bring Turbo's incredible snail stunts and races to life! Turbo: Super Stunt Squad is a high-velocity action racing game featuring the super-charged crew from the film Turbo. Each character has their own signature style and tricked-out skills such as jumps, drifts, grinds, flips and other super-cool stunt moves. Expert skills will also prove useful to earn power-ups, customize your character, discover shortcuts, and win the race in the larger-than-life environments of Turbo!

Special offers

Nano Assault Neo (Shin'en Multimedia) - €6.99/£6.29 (Ends August 15, normally €9.99/£8.99)

Funky Barn (Tantalus) - €14.99/£14.99 (Permanent, was €32.75/£27.55)

oh god oh man Harvest Moon I loved that game back in the day. Dunno whether I should replay it and see if it stands the test of time or just keep my sweet memories of it?

Love that they can be posted directly to Miiverse

Yeah, it's kind of the whole point of this app. It's the free-draw mode, ripped out of the full game that is still in development.

Obviously Nintendo couldn't wait that long until the game was done and felt the need to get something out for now to keep people interested in Miiverse.

Is Nano Assault Neo anything like Child of Eden?

Nano Assault Neo is just so much fun! And I don't even like high score chasing, which the game is built around!

Art Academy sketchpad is up for £3.59

I also thought that it was free??? When did they change it so we have to pay now, still not a bad price.

You had to pay for the previous versions as they were retail games...

But this is a tiny bt of the main game that's releasing next year. I presumed this was almost an update to miiverse with art academy features and the big version next year would be priced...

I've bought the sketchpad app and it aint to bad. I'll draw something proper later today.

As far as I'm aware, the regular Miiverse drawing is still 2 colour (a good thing IMO), the Sketchpad app is the same as posting screenshots from games. I hope they don't upgrade the Miiverse drawing, the simplicity is what makes it so charming IMO.