NEurope
are1981

Wii U eShop Thread

How long will SNES games be 30p for? I hope it's not too late to buy them.

As dazzybee said they run at 30p on a monthly schedule(not always snes titles either, it's a classics style promo) but make make make make make make sure, like really sure, that you get Metroid. It's awesome. Get eeet.

Got Super Metroid, got Tank Tank Tank, Rayman and Wii U Street View and Panorama view. Any other good cheap/free apps/games to get?

Got Super Metroid, got Tank Tank Tank, Rayman and Wii U Street View and Panorama view. Any other good cheap/free apps/games to get?

You NEED to get Little Inferno, F00.

Also, what's your NNID?

EDIT: Never mind, I see it.

get all the demo's too and Zen Pinball

lol my storage is full already, gonna need to get a hard drive before I download any more stuff. How do you check the Wii U's internal memory?

lol my storage is full already, gonna need to get a hard drive before I download any more stuff. How do you check the Wii U's internal memory?

DO you have the Black Wii U model?

I do believe you can check the memory inside teh Settings app somewhere

Nope I have the white 8GB one. I found the data management in system settings and I only have 41mb left with Wii Street U, Panorama View Trailer, Super Metroid and Rayman Legends lol. Once I get a hard drive for it then I'll get downloading some more.

Doesn't the cost of a hard drive = the difference between a basic and premium? In fact it probably costs more! I suppose you get far more space.

This weeks Wii U Downloads.

Spelunker (Tozai Games, NES VC) - €3.49/£2.39 (Ends June 13)

The underground pyramid awaits! Grab your oxygen tank, bombs and flares and explore uncharted caves in search of the legendary pyramid and its vast treasures. Swing from ropes and ladders, make use of mining carts and boats, collect jewels, sacks of money and more as you navigate the hazardous terrain. You must keep your wits about you, as the caves hold many dangers. Scalding steam vents, venomous bats and the avenging spirits of old spelunkers lurk in every corner of this massive labyrinth!

Special deals

Trine 2: Director's Cut (Frozenbyte) - €8.49/£6.99 (Ends June 27, normal €16.99/£13.99)

ZombiU (Ubisoft) - €29.99/£24.99 (Permanent, before €69.99/£54.99)

Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft) - €39.99/£29.99 (Permanent, before €49.99/£39.99)

Ben 10 Omniverse (Namco Bandai Games) - €29.99/£29.99 (Permanent, €44.99/£35.99)

Great price for Trine 2!

Man, can't believe they dropped Zombie U to £25. More digital price drops please.

The Wii U eShop's infrastructure was altered slightly today, and I shout out to the world...

★ Congratulations to Nintendo, for having the best digital storefront! ★

⇒ Tidy; one page per game instead of three (New today)

⇒ Both normal price and sale price shown together, easily viewable at a glance

⇒ Additional game content not shown adjacent to games, but viewable together with its parent game

⇒ Incredibly fast page loading

Showing a game's information all on one page is something I have been wanting for some time!

Now I can proudly proclaim I like the Wii U eShop way better than PlayStation Store and Xbox Live, both of which are cluttered beyond my threshold of approval!

Edited by are1981

So is that why I had the orange updating light last night when I turned my Wii U off?

So is that why I had the orange updating light last night when I turned my Wii U off?

I think it's orange every time it connect's to internet to check if there is something to download. Seems to do so for me everytime I turn the machine off.

Is Nintendo's weekly downloads press release delayed for a reason? Coincidence? To be released tomorrow at 16:00 CEST, maybe? Hmmm.

Is Nintendo's weekly downloads press release delayed for a reason? Coincidence? To be released tomorrow at 16:00 CEST, maybe? Hmmm.

Yeah, it is a bit suspicious that we haven't seen it yet...

Then again, I'd be shocked if they didn't have any eShop E3 surprises that would necessitate the delay of the typical weekly press release...

Thing is, they'd release the list as normal, then just throw any surprises anyway. Surely. Do we really get it before 11am Mondays normally?

Well lit seems it wasn't worth the wait as it looks like there's 1 only title being released this week on the Wii U:

Mario & Yoshi (Nintendo: Wii U, 30p) is a port of the original NES puzzle game in which you must mix and match falling characters and piece together eggshells to free the Yoshi trapped inside. Simply move Mario back and forth to catch the falling Little Goombas, Boo Buddies, Bloopers and Piranha Plants. Capture creatures between two eggshell halves and you'll release a Yoshi; the more creatures you capture, the larger your Yoshi will be. Mario & Yoshi also features a split-screen, simultaneous two-player mode that brings man of the year Luigi into play.

Edit: Supposedly it's the US version with the title screen swapped to the EU one?

3DS gets another amazing week though.

Edited by Ike

Good lord. If you release one game per week, at least make it a good one...

What are the 3DS releases?

Not a great week for Wii U, here's hoping that they have a few E3 surprises still up their sleeve to make up for it...

Mario & Yoshi is the same version that was released on 3DS BTW, so they're not going to any extra effort this time around (they did it for the 3DS ambassadors) as they are just reusing the ROM they already made for that release.

Will probably get Shining Force GG...

Don't worry, there will be plenty of Virtual Console games announced tomorrow for sure, besides I'm not too fussed so long as Nintendo announces a unified account system tomorrow.

Proper accounts with some form of recovery before more games get released please. :)