NEurope
are1981

Wii U eShop Thread

They should've given us Tetris Attack instead of Mario & Yoshi

Thing is, they'd release the list as normal, then just throw any surprises anyway. Surely. Do we really get it before 11am Mondays normally?

Nintendo Life usually publishes the Nintendo Download articles Mondays before 11:00 BST. But I don't know when and where they read the press release.

It seems like Nintendo did some special deal with Capcom, as Megaman 2, 3 and 4 have just now, out of nowhere appeared into Wii U eShop.

Came out of Blue (pun intended). Might as well upgrade Megaman 4.

It seems like Nintendo did some special deal with Capcom, as Megaman 2, 3 and 4 have just now, out of nowhere appeared into Wii U eShop.

Came out of Blue (pun intended). Might as well upgrade Megaman 4.

Yet still no X. :(

Seems like only Duck Tales for me from the eShop this year. Maybe Shovel Knight too, but I have to see more about it.

Fantastic news that the Oddworld remake is being released in the eShop, I was convinced it would be a Playstation exclusive

Crap week for Wii U unless you're picking up NSLU now and are not waiting for the retail version...

So, it is Tuesday already. Where is that weekly press release? Postponed to cram Mega Man X in?

Someone over at GoNintendo found this.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/96qUiZND5eUNmeSVC0bCxWoqhzL5hVC3

So it looks like Pilotwings could be arriving this week, at least in the US.

The US is still 2 games ahead of us (Kirby's Dreamland 3 & Megaman X - 3 if you count Balloon Fight, which has yet to be made available outside of the Famicom 30p promotion), so don't be surprised if we don't get it this week...

This week in Europe

Wii U

Game & Wario™ €39.99(£34.99)

F1 RACE STARS™ POWERED UP EDITION €49.99(£39.99)

Wii U VC

Balloon Fight €4.99(£3.49) - This is an updated European version of the game. It has now been optimised to run at a similar speed to the US version and with corrected aspect ratio.

Vegas Stakes €7.99 (£5.49) - This is the US version of the game.

This week in Europe

Wii U

Wii U VC

Balloon Fight €4.99(£3.49) - This is an updated European version of the game. It has now been optimised to run at a similar speed to the US version and with corrected aspect ratio.

I wonder if the new version of Balloon Fight will perform as poorly as Super Metroid.

Nintendo, please bring the European VC library up to speed with the American! What could possibly be the reason NoE chooses not to?

Another crap week for the Wii U VC. The Wii U VC is nothing but a joke!!

This week in Europe

Wii U

Wii U VC

So wait... Is it not 60hz? That terminology implies that it has been fixed since its initial 30p release, but it still claims to be an EU version...

Vegas Stakes is also an unusual choice. We're the first region to get it on Wii U, but I was expecting (and hoping) that they'd play catch up with at least the US...

why is it taking so damn long to release WiiU VC games? at this rate we will be going slower than Wii release rates! hell were almost doing PSN psone classic release rates right now (as in almost never in the first few years! in the EU anyway)

Hmm so Game & Wario should be £29.99 with download code. Retail is still a bit cheaper but get a bit of money back with the Premium reward point + GAME reward points.

Is F1 Race Stars going download only in the UK then? The only websites that have the retail copy up for pre-order are GAME, which doesn't even have a release date for it, and Very, which have August the 30th down.

why is it taking so damn long to release WiiU VC games? at this rate we will be going slower than Wii release rates! hell were almost doing PSN psone classic release rates right now (as in almost never in the first few years! in the EU anyway)

Dude this is nintendo. Drip, drip, drip seems to be the ethos.

This week's releases, PR is on time this week.

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

Pilotwings (Nintendo, SNES) - €7.99/£5.49

Welcome to Pilotwings Flight Club, where your career can really soar! This Super NESTM classic puts a fun new spin on flight simulation. Pilot a range of flying machines and advance through the ranks. Soar through the floating rings in a biplane. Perform a precision skydive on to a distant target. Catch the thermals on a hang-glider. You can even test the experimental Rocketbelt! The best graduates will be called on to pilot a helicopter in a daring rescue mission. With Pilotwings, the sky's the limit!

Special offers

Mighty Switch Force Hyper Drive Edition (WayForward) - €6.66/£5.99 (Ends July 11, normally €9.99/£8.99)

Just Pilotwings on its own? Disappointing...

As great a game as it is, knowing that we're still missing Megaman X and Kirby's Dreamland 3 from the US lineup is agrevating!

Jesus Christ.

I've been on holiday for 3 days and the WiiU Thread has been shut down!?!?

I guess my time to buy a WiiU has come.