NEurope
are1981

Wii U eShop Thread

WiiU Facebook page has put up a "3 days until..." With a picky of a later Donkey Kong game an Vitual Console underneath. What does this mean? Is it what the US are getting for their 30p special, is the Virtual Console opening in 3 days or what?

Yeah, the Virtual Console is launching this week after the Wii U update. I thought the updated was Wednesday with the VC appearing on Thursday but Gonintendo was reporting the update might be available on Monday so Tuesday would make sense.

Yeah, the Virtual Console is launching this week after the Wii U update. I thought the updated was Wednesday with the VC appearing on Thursday but Gonintendo was reporting the update might be available on Monday so Tuesday would make sense.

Surely it's gotta be Wednesday when the update hits, cause Iwata said that the VC service launches the day afterwards (and naturally I'd expect that to be on Thursday, when the store updates as per usual)

Edit: Or perhaps not...

11870_481574648577080_172200270_n.jpg

That was just posted on the US Facebook page (which is probably where GoNintendo got their info from), so maybe it really is Monday/Tuesday? (unless that's only the US that's getting it two days early? :confused: )

PLEASE DON'T TRICKLE THEM OUT AGAIN, PLEASE DON'T TRICKLE THEM OUT AGAIN, PLEASE DON'T TRICKLE THEM OUT AGAIN, PLEASE DON'T TRICKLE THEM OUT AGAIN, PLEASE DON'T TRICKLE THEM OUT AGAIN, PLEASE DON'T TRICKLE THEM OUT AGAIN, PLEASE DON'T TRICKLE THEM OUT AGAIN, PLEASE DON'T TRICKLE THEM OUT AGAIN, just release a decent number of them on day 1 please! (at least two dozen!)

Edited by Dcubed

just release a decent number of them on day 1 please! (at least two dozen!)[/size]

Nintendo_Aint_Got_Time.jpg

I'll be happy if we at least get a few every week (2+), but really all you have to do is look at the 3DS VC service and see how long its taken to get to its current position. I hope I'm wrong as I completely overlooked the Wii VC games and will be getting them now.

so maybe it really is Monday/Tuesday? (unless that's only the US that's getting it two days early? :confused: )

Excitebike VC page is up on Nintendo.com

It's going to be released this Tuesday (23/4/13).

Ahead of its release on Wednesday, Nintendo has published details about the file size of the upcoming Wii U game, Pokémon Rumble U. On the eShop, it lists that this game will take up at least 832.5MB of disk space with the save file taking up at least 16MB. This allows for the game to be downloaded on both the Wii U Basic and Premium sets without immediate need for an external hard drive.

Excitebike VC page is up on Nintendo.com

It's going to be released this Tuesday (23/4/13).

Excellent! So the update is set for tomorrow then :) (updates are always simultaneous world wide)

I bet we'll still have to wait till Thursday for our VC games though (but we should at least be told the launch lineup tomorrow). I hope for all our sakes that Excitebike is not the only game to be put up on day 1 - Miiverse will burn if that happens lol!

With how slow they are at releasing VC games, I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to only release one.

I'm fairly certain we'll have more than one game

Heh, fine. Make it at least 10 games then NOE, or Miiverse gets razed to the ground ;)

Edited by Dcubed

In the meantime why don't you guys fill out the surveys and claim your Nintendo stars from all your previous downloads?

Heh, fine. Make it at least 10 games then NOE, or Miiverse gets razed to the ground ;)

I'm thinking 6

In the meantime why don't you guys fill out the surveys and claim your Nintendo stars from all your previous downloads?

I tried but it kept bringing up the wrong game when I started the survey

Funnily enough I just did this recently. Earned about 5,000 stars from all the codes/surveys I'd been sitting on :o (OH GOD IT TOOK FOREVER!!!)

Problem is now that I've got nothing to spend them on. I've got the soundtracks, got the SNES Wii Classic Controller, got G&W ball and the G&W Collections...

When was the last time NOE added anything to that thing anyway? (Aside from the Mario Kart trophies, that I missed out on :cry: )

I tried but it kept bringing up the wrong game when I started the survey

Weird, that kept happening to me too :confused:

Im hoping that they put something up on the star catalogue that can be used on the 3DS or Wii U eshop akin to Nintendo Points that are currently on it.

Excitebike?!?! Really?! Fuck me... Why do they give us the same old bullshit/! Give us NEW STUFF (when I say new I realise it's a retro service, I mean games they haven't released yet!). Looking forward to the VC, but slightly nervous it'll be utter bollocks!

Nintendo sometimes don't realise what they're sitting on, I'm sure of it!

Also, how does the Wii U know what VC games we've had? Does it speak to the Wii mode or the club nintendo? If club nintendo will it speak with the 3DS purchases, namely the ambassador games?!

Wii U Downloads this week.

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

Rayman Legends Challenges App (Ubisoft) - Free

Rayman Legends Online Challenges are a unique opportunity for players to compete against each other to climb up the leaderboards. You'll see 4 different paintings which take the player to specific daily and weekly challenges.

Injustice: Gods Among Us (Warner Bros.) - €59.99/£49.99

What if our greatest heroes became our greatest threat? Injustice: Gods Among Us introduces a bold new franchise to the fighting game genre from NetherRealm Studios, creators of the definitive fighting game Mortal Kombat. Featuring DC Comics icons such as Batman, The Flash, Harley Quinn, Solomon Grundy, Superman and Wonder Woman, the latest title from the award-winning studio presents a deep original story. Heroes and villains will engage in epic battles on a massive scale in a world where the line between good and evil has been blurred.

Wii Shop Channel

Real Bout Fatal Fury (D4 Enterprise) - 900 Points

Real Bout Fatal Fury was first released in 1995, and is the 5th instalment in the fighting game series. While based on the previous games, this version saw the incorporation of an independent Sway Button, and the introduction of a more evolved Combination Attack system and the Ring Out component, making for speedier and more enjoyable gameplay. Real Bout Fatal Fury features 16 playable fighters including, the Qin brothers (the boss characters from the previous instalment), as well as user-favourites Billy Cane and Duck King. Cut through the ruthless competition and aim for the top!

Clearly no mention of the Wii U VC release and what titles to expect. Perhaps we'll just them when they arrive.

Edited by -Dem0-

Funnily enough I just did this recently. Earned about 5,000 stars from all the codes/surveys I'd been sitting on (OH GOD IT TOOK FOREVER!!!)

Problem is now that I've got nothing to spend them on. I've got the soundtracks, got the SNES Wii Classic Controller, got G&W ball and the G&W Collections...

How much is one game code worth? Both in Club Nintendo Stars and monetary value? I am curious. I have codes for lots of games, and I cannot use them... No Club Nintendo in Norway!

Kung Fu Rabbit Nintendolife Review:

"Neko Entertainment has taken a fairly decent mobile game and elevated it into a great eShop game thanks to significantly improved controls, while in-app purchases have smartly been converted to use in-game currency. With a challenge level that ramps up steadily and a large number of short, snappy levels, it's easy to hop into Kung Fu Rabbit whether you just want to play for a few minutes or settle in for an extended session."

www.nintendolife.com/reviews/wiiu-eshop/kung_fu_rabbit

This is why i hate the forum merge !

Haha. I moved it, no worries.

To answer your question: nope.