NEurope
are1981

Wii U eShop Thread

Well isn't that nice, $14.99 does not translate to €14.99 in the case of Runner2 but €11.99:)

Edit: or £10.79 in britainian money

Edited by Nyubi

This week's eShop releases:

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

Kirby's Adventure (Nintendo) - €0.30/£0.30

Part of the Family Computer 30th Anniversary Campaign.

The only Kirby game ever made for NESTM, Kirby's Adventure was a groundbreaking platformer famous for introducing Kirby's ability to copy the powers of enemies. By sucking up foes, Kirby can fire lasers, burst into flames, use a giant mallet and more. Kirby can also combine powers with some unexpected results. With lots of minigames and secrets to discover too, Kirby's Adventure - like Kirby - is full of surprises!

This is the European version of the game, which was optimised originally by the developer to offer gameplay and music speed similar to the US version. Demos and animations may run at PAL speed. The aspect ratio has been corrected for this release.

Kung Fu Rabbit (Neko Entertainment) - €4.99/£4.49

Life in the temple of rabbits hangs by a thread. Universal Evil has struck again and kidnapped all of your disciples, and only you managed to escape! Use your agility and combat skills to save your disciples! Jump from roof to roof, slide gracefully along walls, sneak up on your enemies, and rip them to shreds! Each of the 70 levels requires logic, precision, agility and lots of sabre rattling. The game also has lots of trophies to win, babies to save, carrots to eat, and a Universal Evil to expunge.

Nintendo DSiWare

Forgotten Legions (Cypronia) - €4.99/£4.49/500 Points

Forgotten Legions is an innovative real-time strategy in a fantasy setting, and is an exclusive for Nintendo DSiWare. Choose from two unique sides and command 18 units in 30 campaign missions. Endless mode brings hours of challenging gameplay, with the chance to add the results to a web-based leader board.

So we're getting an updated version of Kirby's Adventure. Most interested in how they will handle Super Metroid next month. I'm guessing they will update the PAL version like Kirby.

WHY!? Why not just offer both versions for us to choose from!?

Even if the gameplay speed is fixed, it still won't feel as smooth because of the 50FPS limit :(

It requires no effort from Nintendo, both versions of the games get archived (which is important when many games feature substantial differences between the EU/US versions like Smash Bros 64, Mario Golf 64, Metroid Prime and Luigi's Mansion) and everybody is happy.

Edit: Looking at some videos and reading up on the original conversion, Kirby himself moves at the same speed as the NTSC version but the enemies move slower (so Kirby is now too fast relative to everything else!). The music was also converted, but not perfectly (it's slightly too slow and the pitch is a little too low)

Will be interesting to see if they've bothered to fix any of those problems with this release...

Edited by Dcubed

At least they're acknowledging the release and justifying, rather than lumping it on us with no word. They ARE learning and improving. Now let's just hope it's fixed. Another bargain (even though I own it on my wii anyway)

At least they fixed the aspect ratio which is the biggest thing that "bothers" (it doesn't really) me.

Also, I've aksed this before but got an answer I didn't like so I'll ask it again and see if anyone can give me an answer I do.

When the VC roles out, we can buy games we've already bought for a token fee for the updated Wii U one right. Awesome stuff. But it reads that you have the game from our console. But I don't have any VC games on my wii U because you have to move them all or nothing; but the game can't transfer Rock Band and it work online and with all the songs and such.

I don't have a question, I answered it myself. I guess my question is, is it definitely all or nothing? Does Rock Band /Guitar Hero definitely not work on the wii u?! I know lost winds didn't work but I think that was fixed. How can Nintendo force you to do all or nothing, but have some games that don't actually work...?!

It's all or nothing unless it isn't supported, such as the case with Lost Winds.

Do we know for sure it reads from the console memory or our Club Nintendo, the Wii partition is meant to be sandboxed.

@dazzybee are the licenses all expiring soon anyway?

That's only to buy them, if you own them you can still play them etc and redownload them; but this feature is supposed to be missing on the wii U. Which means I don't want to transfer everything!!

Why won't Nintendo let us pick and choose :(

Done a bit of research and I THINK the rock band guitar hero issues have been sorted, meaning I can put all the games and all the DLC on the console. Which is good.

But what I have found is that the wii mode gets rid of the friend list altogether but doesn't use the wii u ID's; which makes online impossible with friends. Is that right?!

But what I have found is that the wii mode gets rid of the friend list altogether but doesn't use the wii u ID's; which makes online impossible with friends. Is that right?!

No. The built-in Wii friend list was only used for Wii Connect 24 data sharing. Online games had to have their own built-in friend lists and friend codes (good lord, that setup was horrifying :shakehead ), so you can still play Wii games online with friends on Wii U.

Just downloaded my first two eShop (non-VC) games, a pinball table and Nano-Assault Neo. But I've have come across a problem.

I tend to play my games after the wife and kid is in bed, therefore I play with my headphones on so's not to annoy anyone else. Now with all retail games I've played (NSMBU, ZombiU, NintendoLand, Batman) either the sound is the same and played though both TV and Gamepad, plugging in cuts the TV and only puts through the pad or you choose pad only.

But for my eShop games, I only get sound though the gamepad when in 'off TV' mode. Is this just me or is there a workaround to get 'on TV' play but sound through my gamepad??

need an account system.

Why should I have to buy the NES games which I have already purchased on my 3DS?

A quick sizzle reel.

I had better not have to wait for these to trickle out again.... (Hell I had better see many more games than just that on the eShop next week!)

I had better not have to wait for these to trickle out again.... (Hell I had better see many more games than just that on the eShop next week!)

it will be trickle style. This is what Nintendo do. Makes no sense!!

If they give us 3 games a week I can understand. I just dont want the 1 game a week or no games a week BS

Edited by liger05

The sensible compromise would be at least one new VC game per week on each service plus three in the third week of each month assuming that they are going to be doing more monthly promotions.

I think that would improve things slightly at least. :)

... or just two each week, per service, whatever works. :p

Anyone know if save files get copied over to the wii u as well the game? I got really far on OoT and Super Metroid but stopped when the Wii U was announced so I can enjoy the rest of the games on the gamepad.

Not sure if this has even been posted yet or if anyone knew about it but it seems that GAME now have the option on their website of purchasing a download code for games on the eShop, something which I assume is less expensive than purchasing directly from it..

Not sure if this has even been posted yet or if anyone knew about it but it seems that GAME now have the option on their website of purchasing a download code for games on the eShop, something which I assume is less expensive than purchasing directly from it..

Not posted and didn't know about it either, nice!

Hey woah woah woah! Just noticed something...

hub_Nintendo_EShop_V2_02.jpg

hub_Nintendo_EShop_V2_03.jpg

Look! It's the Download Cards, the ones that Japanese retailers got, where they could sell them for whatever price they wanted!

Looks like we're finally getting them in retail stores! :D

WiiU Facebook page has put up a "3 days until..." With a picky of a later Donkey Kong game an Vitual Console underneath. What does this mean? Is it what the US are getting for their 30p special, is the Virtual Console opening in 3 days or what?