NEurope
are1981

Wii U eShop Thread

Would love to download these, but would rather have them on my 3DS. Will wait a while to see if the 3DS DLC will appear soon...

annoyed that Zen Pinball on the 3DS was suppose to be getting DLC but looks like thats not happening anymore.

Arkham City appears as a retail download as it drops to £18 online. Typical :-/

Arkham City appears as a retail download as it drops to £18 online. Typical :-/

Nobody is paying £50 for that. Crazy!!

They don't want to offend that one, out-of-the-way shop that has a copy tucked away in a corner with an optimistic "£49.99" sticker on it. ;)

They don't want to offend that one, out-of-the-way shop that has a copy tucked away in a corner with an optimistic "£49.99" sticker on it. ;)

Remember that Nintendo stated that it was possible for 3rd parties to set their own pricing on the WiiU eShop, so is this a case of WB not sorting it out?

Remember that Nintendo stated that it was possible for 3rd parties to set their own pricing on the WiiU eShop, so is this a case of WB not sorting it out?

I thought full retail releases were different. Nintendo, MS and Sony don’t want to upset the retailers and that’s why all of them have these crazy high digital prices.

what happened to download codes being released to shops to sell? it would be nice to buy the code for £18 and then download it

what happened to download codes being released to shops to sell? it would be nice to buy the code for £18 and then download it

No idea. They're available in Japan, but NOA and NOE haven't said or done anything about them.

It's frustrating as hell because it's a fantastic model that fixes most of the problems with offering retail games as downloads and yet they won't allow us to take part :(

I thought full retail releases were different. Nintendo, MS and Sony don’t want to upset the retailers and that’s why all of them have these crazy high digital prices.

Oh, really, that's buggered that then. Who's going to buy an 18 quid game for 50?

Yeah, was looking forward to them on the 3DS, and am still waiting. Nice idea though.

More to the point, who is going to pay even £18 for a download code when you can get the game on disc for the same price? Plus you can't trade-in digital copies so it seems pointless. :blank:

I quite honestly don't see the point in owning 'general' retail releases digitally, it only really makes sense for certain games, more-so on the 3DS as you have titles such as Animal Crossing (soon) plus Mario Kart etc. ::shrug:

Personally I prefer being able to physically hold my retail games. ;)

Digital distribution of course has its place though, it's brilliant for the Virtual Console and eShop titles. :)

If it's available digitally at the same time as launch then I don't mind so much even if it costs a little more, but not 2 months later after the retail disk price has dropped.

I've been planning on downloading Nano Assault Neo, but I hear it's a bit one the short side in lenght. Is it worth the 10€ price tag?

I've been planning on downloading Nano Assault Neo, but I hear it's a bit one the short side in lenght. Is it worth the 10€ price tag?

It is a little on the short side, with 16 levels (4 sets of 4), so to speak, but for me it does hold incredible replay value, especially due to the addition of the on-line leaderboards, and local co-op multiplayer is a blast.

Do you like going for highscores? I actually think it's well worth it and think there's a reasonable amount of content - 16 levels, online leaderboards, survivor mode, 2 player mode, gamepad play!

Just downloaded Zen Pinall and tried downloading the tables. I clicked on the table, it said download demo, I clicked on it, and a message came up - download it from the eshop.

Oh dear... Nintendo really don't help themselves with such clumsy integration. So no in game downloading of any kind. You have to get it from the shop. The only SMALL grace is that when you go to the shop it goes straight to Zen Pinball 2

Just downloaded Zen Pinall and tried downloading the tables. I clicked on the table, it said download demo, I clicked on it, and a message came up - download it from the eshop.

Oh dear... Nintendo really don't help themselves with such clumsy integration. So no in game downloading of any kind. You have to get it from the shop. The only SMALL grace is that when you go to the shop it goes straight to Zen Pinball 2

Yeah, Zen Pinball 2 is a right mess! :shakehead

Overpriced tables and a really clumsy/long-winded download process. icon13.gif

They could have at least included 1 fully playable table with the initial download. :indeed: It's 350MB of nothing! :heh:

They could have at least included 1 fully playable table with the initial download. :indeed: It's 350MB of nothing! :heh:

There are 4 tables with the download to demo.

The game is amazing though.

There are 4 tables with the download to demo.

i.e. Not a demo. :wink:

Overpriced tables and a really clumsy/long-winded download process.:

I'm glad it's not really easy to buy and download tables; the way, as you say, the demo is set up, ie it has no value at all, it would be so easy for users to just sleep walk into a table purchase, which I think is wrong. There's already been controversy in Japan about the morality of NFC and micro-transaction market so Nintendo will probably be moving with this in mind.

We are already all such victims to the advertising and marketing which plays on our psychology with no mercy. This pinball demo is nothing but a cock tease so I'm glad there's a number of speed bumps in place to make the user consider their purchase rather than being tricked into it.

seriously you gotta be kidding..

Why do I have to go through this long process just to download some tables... :shakehead

Why do I have to go to the eShop to download tables...why can't I do it from the game?

Only d/l'd the demo tables so far (also, WTF with only being able to d/l 4 things at a time :heh:) to test it out not actually had a chance to play yet

EDIT

Also for anyone interested in trying to WIN a download code for Chasing Aurora on the eShop, don;t forget to enter the N-E competition on the main site.

Competition closes 11pm GMT, tomorrow, Friday the 1st of Feb

http://www.n-europe.com/news/competition-win-chasing-aurora-download-code

Despite what I said the other day, I couldn't resist, so purchased The Avengers Chronicles pack and the Plants Vs Zombies table yesterday, and I'm having a blast with them. The tables look crystal clear on the gamepad, control perfectly and Miiverse is great too.

It's a shame that you can't download some of the tables on their own, as I've already got half the content of some packs on 3DS, but I guess you'll be able to download them individually on the handheld, when the long awaited DLC finally comes.

downloaded Zen Pinball 2 and my god the whole process of downloading tables is just horrible. Sorry guys but coming from the simplicity of xbox live it is plain annoying.

This looks like a problem with Nintendo rather then the guys at Zen studios.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510847&page=4

Zen Pinball 2's DLC implementation is horrible. You have a "Download Demo" button in game for the tables or packs or whatever (it's not entirely clear if packs cover some of the tables listed individually) but it just pops up a message saying go get it from the eShop.

We'll be updating the game with a better implementation once a better implementation is possible.

The tables look crystal clear on the gamepad, control perfectly and Miiverse is great too.

That is the main thing that I love about Zen Pinball 2. Off-screen play is pure awesomeness, I might go play some right now!