NEurope
are1981

Wii U eShop Thread

I'm really happy it's the 60Hz version, I can't wait to get home and spend 30p on this beauty!

I got an awful lot of play out of Balloon Trip, so I'm expecting to get more out of this. But it's Super Metroid I really can't wait for :)

I'm really surprised at them changing their mind over this considering all the moaning people did about it on the Wii VC and Nintendo did nothing at all about it.

Is it bad that I sort of wish they'd offer both the 60hz and 50hz games? So you can play the game as intended or as you'd remember it.

Here's hoping they change Balloon Fight too.

Edited by V. Amoleo

Should be interesting to see what they do with Super Metroid since the European version had German subtitles, or games that have multiple languages.

60hz mother fudgers, get in. Miiverse complaining works lol

Now lets just hope they do this for all VC games. 60hz Super Metroid please.

I think we all need to pitch in here and bake some cookies to send to Shibata and the rest of the guys in Germany.

I'm so happy! :yay: The greatest gaming news of the last 5 years at least (assuming that it's not a one off and Balloon Fight does get fixed)

Let 50hz be smited now and forever more! :D

Props @Dcubed as well for being one of the most vocal and persistent! :)

When they see the rapturous reaction this gets on Miiverse, they'd surely have to be insane to make it a one off!

Edit- Oh and we get a Monster Hunter demo today. I haven't been keeping up. Fantastic!

Oh, this is brilliant! I know some people think the 60Hz issue is a modern, "internet" thing, but it's really not. It was in all the magazines I read throughout the '90s. All I really wanted was to play the proper versions of SNES games, and now it seems I will be able to. If this applies to the others, I will build up a huge collection - Super Metroid, Link to the Past, Super Mario World...

Thank you Nintendo!

60hz?! freaking about time! now lets campaign for Fire Emblem and Mother including in ours! :p

Miiverse is awesome, i need to draw nintendo a thank you picture on the baloon fight/f-zero community

Oh, this is brilliant! I know some people think the 60Hz issue is a modern, "internet" thing, but it's really not. It was in all the magazines I read throughout the '90s. All I really wanted was to play the proper versions of SNES games, and now it seems I will be able to. If this applies to the others, I will build up a huge collection - Super Metroid, Link to the Past, Super Mario World...

Thank you Nintendo!

Yeah, Super Play used to absolutely ravage Nintendo for their treatment of PAL versions of games.

Even NOM (now ONM) infamously marked down the score of Wave Race 64 for getting such a horrific PAL conversion.

THANK YOU, NINTENDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For over twenty years have I wanted to play the NTSC versions of all my Nintendo games -- especially F-Zero -- and now I can finally play the proper version of F-Zero! Unbelievable! This made my day, no... my week! Let the 60 Hz awesomeness continue, forever!

Now I will go on Miiverse and salute you!

Is F Zero actually out today? One of my friends text me around 14:30 saying he couldn't find it on the VC.

Yeah, Super Play used to absolutely ravage Nintendo for their treatment of PAL versions of games.

Oh, that brings back memories. My college tutors made me phone-up (Super Play writer) Helen McCarthy once to ask whether I could use an image from her magazine, Anime UK. I was nervous about talking to a celebrity whose pieces I'd read a lot of, and my voice was trembling. Naturally, she told me she didn't own the copyright, meaning my tutors had set it all up for nothing! I was a pretty dim 17-year-old!

Is F Zero actually out today? One of my friends text me around 14:30 saying he couldn't find it on the VC.

eShop usually updates around 5pm

Isn't it Thursdays the eShops update on.... today is only Wednesday

And I usually find they are updated around 2 or 3pm

That's the US one that updates at 5PM GMT. The EU one updates at 2PM GMT.

It's coming tomorrow. They obviously made a slight mistake with the original schedule list.

This Week.

Wii U eShop Price Reduction

Mighty Switch Force: Hyper Drive Edition: £4.49 / €4.99 (50% off until 28.2.13)

Trine 2: Director's Cut: Reduced price: £9.99 / €12.49. (Sale ends 7th March, waiting for conformation)

From NintendoLife:

"While last week we were led to believe that this title was having a permanent price cut to these rates, it now seems that it's reduced to these prices until 7th March. We'll ask for clarification, but at the very least it's still going to be available at this lower rate for a further two weeks."

Retail Demo

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate: FREE

eShop Demo

Trine 2: Director's Cut

Wii U VC

F-Zero: £0.30 / €0.30

With it being the last day for Balloon Fight, I decided I'd just go for it since I noticed you could add just the 30p if you so desired in order to purchase it. With that in mind, I'll probably now end up getting all of the deals in this Famicom offer, with F-Zero and Super Metroid in the palm of your hands perhaps the best of all :smile:

Having said that, Balloon Fight does somehow seem like a waste of money this morning, especially when you consider how slow it is compared to the 3DS version. I had actually never been particularly bothered by the 50Hz/60Hz argument before as 50Hz was what I was used to with a lot of these old games so it was fine.. but if you've had to go from first experiencing a game in 60Hz to what i've just downloaded, it's a little painful :eek:

What the fuck is this? This isnt how I remember F-Zero, why is it so fucking fast? Childhood ruined Nintendo, thanks a fucking lot.

ONLY KIDDING ITS FUCKING AWESOME