NEurope
are1981

Wii U eShop Thread

We're getting Mighty Switch Force: Hyper Drive Edition tomorrow!

It's going to be priced at £8.99/€9.99

Any buyers?

Yep, I'll buy. Maybe not straight away though.

Does this mean Wii U eshop is updated on Fridays? or can they release games whenever they like?

No, the Wii U eShop will join in with the rest of Nintendo's weekly downloadbles every Thursday!

How have I missed until now that none other than Ron Gilbert is the brains behind The Cave?! Lens pay attention! Anyway, sounds fantastic:

Further details:

- story has been set for "25 to 30 years"

- actual development started two years ago

- doesn't feature an inventory

- included a light platforming element that could entice gamers not interested in puzzles

- choose a trio of characters from a cast of seven

- each has their own skills and access to exclusive areas

- play through The Cave three times to discover each of the seven characters' back-stories and individual areas

- changes are quite significant

- Knight's area features an entire medieval castle with catacombs and a dragon

- visit a demented circus full of carnies

- trick the carnies and steal a number of prize tokens

- due out in January

- plans to contact Disney about getting the Monkey Island rights back

- would like to make a new Monkey Island game

:)

Would you consider retail? It's £10 at ShopTo!

I would yes! If it's still that price in the new year I might get it (though it would be nice to have it always on the menu screen). So many games, so little time! :santa:

Home screen would be kinda better; it's a bit of an 'in bursts' game for me - but it's a pain carrying more games than what's just in the 3ds really! I wish there was a way to rip retails onto the system...

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE MAKE A FUCKING NEW MANIAC MANSION!!?!?!?!?!?

All these revivals of the classic point-and-click genre games has me wondering why this insanely awesome franchise isn't being 'revived'.

Who has the right?

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE MAKE A FUCKING NEW MANIAC MANSION!!?!?!?!?!?

All these revivals of the classic point-and-click genre games has me wondering why this insanely awesome franchise isn't being 'revived'.

Who has the right?

Disney do...

Does the Rayman Legends demo go live today on the store? Payed it at the weekend in GAME. Looked and played superbly.

Also: as I won't be home from work until 6pm and there is violence in the game, will Nintendo allow me to download it? :laughing:

Does the Rayman Legends demo go live today on the store? Payed it at the weekend in GAME. Looked and played superbly.

Also: as I won't be home from work until 6pm and there is violence in the game, will Nintendo allow me to download it? :laughing:

recent news indicates Rayman's wandering hands were seen as a reference to perverts and were sexualising the game by German censors, so its received a pegi 18 rating and will be up at 11pm :laughing:

As Serebii mentioned in the Little Inferno thread, the game is on sale until 04/01/13. Also Chasing Aurora gets a price cut until 03/01/13.

• Little Inferno new price: €9.99
  • Chasing Aurora new price: €5.99

Can't find the UK prices but they should be close to the prices above.

• Little Inferno new price: €9.99
  • Chasing Aurora new price: €5.99

Says they are still £12.99 and £10.79 respectively in the UK.

Some positive words about the eShop from Shinen here :)

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/12/developer_interview_shinen_multimedia_on_the_first_days_of_the_wii_u_eshop

But more importantly...

And more games are absolutely coming to the platform. We were initially teased with a comment that two more projects are in the works, and that Nano Assault Neo only "scratched the surface". After pushing for more details we were told that one of the games "is in the racing genre", which is all we were told.

A Wii U sequel to F.A.S.T? Yes please! :D

I think I will buy Chasing Aurora now. I was impressed when I first read about the game, and saw the videos. But the customer impressions and reviews that said the game is really a multiplayer game, put me off. At €6, I will take my chances, if just to support the developer!

And they adding online leaderboards. But the single payer is a bit cack in all honest. Beautiful game though.

Has our eshop been updated yet? I'm seeing nothing new at all. Was hoping for at least a new demo, maybe Darksiders, Tekken or Epic Mickey.