NEurope
are1981

Wii U eShop Thread

Can't wait for the 50hz vs 60hz debate to kick off again! Lol.

well I am gonna still refuse to buy 50hz games.

I will purchase all the €0.30 Virtual Console games on Wii U, hoping Nintendo soon will listen to its fans and offer two versions of each game. I expect my 50 Hz purchases will then include the 60 Hz versions. But I will not start building a VC library at full price as long as they only offer inferior 50 Hz versions!

well I am gonna still refuse to buy 50hz games.
Love F Zero but 50hz means no purchase.
Totally with you on the 50hz issue, definitely won't be buying any VC games at full price (other than SMK, which isn't really effected by being 50hz anyway as it's the best game ever and made using special magic :D) but these games are 30p... Thirty Peeeeeee! :heh:

Hell, I'd buy 'em running at 0hz for that price. :laughing:

Also, F-Zero is totally worth buying just for the soundtrack, which will play at the correct speed even at 50hz. ;)

Also, F-Zero is totally worth buying just for the soundtrack, which will play at the correct speed even at 50hz. ;)

Agreed. The F-Zero soundtrack is godlike.

I'm not bothered about the 50hz/60hz debate. Sure i'll probably notice the difference when side by side, but as long as the game works then i'm a happy chappy.

Quick/stupid question. I frantically downloaded Balloon Fight this morning before going to work, before it gets replaced with F-Zero. Having purchased it I expected it to appear on the dashboard of the Wii U, but it wasn't there. Where exactly does the thing go? Am I missing something obvious?

Agreed. The F-Zero soundtrack is godlike.

I'm not bothered about the 50hz/60hz debate. Sure i'll probably notice the difference when side by side, but as long as the game works then i'm a happy chappy.

Quick/stupid question. I frantically downloaded Balloon Fight this morning before going to work, before it gets replaced with F-Zero. Having purchased it I expected it to appear on the dashboard of the Wii U, but it wasn't there. Where exactly does the thing go? Am I missing something obvious?

You have to install it in Download Management first

I think I'll play my 60hz copy on my US Wii to celebrate its Wii U VC release :awesome:

I will purchase all the €0.30 Virtual Console games on Wii U..

I had contemplated putting some funds on the Wii U recently to download all the 30p games over the next few months but nothing really stood out from the list that I needed to own that I don't already on other formats.

With that in mind, since receiving the Wii U as a Christmas present, I still haven't spent any money on it.. for games or hardware :eek:

I think I'll play my 60hz copy on my US Wii to celebrate its Wii U VC release :awesome:

I think I'll play it on the GamePad, while having the footy on, to celebrate its release. :D

According to Matt Castle, from ONM, the UK Wii U F-Zero is 60hz!

Nintendo are releasing the 60hz version of F-Zero on VC #1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to the editor of the UK Official Nintendo Magazine.

Nintendo are releasing the US version of F-Zero on Wii U Virtual Console - bowing to fan pressure over Hertzgate?

Victory for Miiverse!!

Victory for Miiverse!!

Woohoo! Power to the people!! Or something :blush::bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

I sincerely hope this is true. I tried the 60Hz F-Zero demo that came on my US copy of Smash Brawl and, wow, makes a huge difference. Even a slowish game like Super Metroid just feels so slick in its proper format!

NO FUCKING WAY!!!

OH MY GOD!!! THIS MEANS SO MUCH TO ME!!!

25+ years of hurt, finally brought to an end!!! :bouncy:

Now update Balloon Fight to the same 60hz speed!

Wow, can't believe it. Miiverse is probably the best thing Nintendo have done, they obviously took notice of the backlash.

Wish I had my Wii U right now :P.

Still jealous Japan gets Fire Emblem.

This is kind of a milestone for the Virtual Console, it really shouldn't be as we really should have had this happen long ago, but it is a milestone indeed.

*sheds a small tear*

Expect a full review in the next edition of VC Weekly. :D

This is kind of a milestone for the Virtual Console, it really shouldn't be as we really should have had this happen long ago, but it is a milestone indeed.

*sheds a small tear*

Expect a full review in the next edition of VC Weekly. :D

It's not just a milestone for the VC, it's a watershed moment for PAL gaming in general!

I don't think most people here realise just how significant this is. It's the first time that Europe will finally recieve the non-butchered versions of games, for over 25 years, our games have been completely mangled.

This is possibly the greatest gaming news of the generation so far. Finally, Europe can experience the true vision behind our games!

I don't want to burst the bubble here (believe me, I really don't) but seeing as this news comes from ONM, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they just heard the music was playing at the correct speed on F-Zero and therefore assumed it was the 60hz version. :heh:

Like I said though, hope I'm wrong.

I'm with redshell and just said the same to Dakota. ONM have often got little details wrong and I bet anything they're wrong again. Nintendo would announce it properly if so!

I don't want to burst the bubble here (believe me, I really don't) but seeing as this news comes from ONM, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they just heard the music was playing at the correct speed on F-Zero and therefore assumed it was the 60hz version. :heh:

Like I said though, hope I'm wrong.

It's in the press release, which says this:

F-ZERO™

(Nintendo) Wii U

(Virtual Console) Nintendo eShop (€0.30) (£0.30)

Game Description: Part of the Family Computer 30th Anniversary Campaign.

In the year 2560, the greatest racing competition is the F-ZERO championship. Pilots from across the galaxy risk their lives in a high-speed battle of turbo-charged hovercraft. Taking full advantage of the Super NES’s 'Mode 7™' effect, F-ZERO redefined racing games with its smooth, fast graphics and thrilling gameplay. It also featured one of the most famous soundtracks in video games, and introduced players to the likes of Captain Falcon and Samurai Goroh.

This is a release of the US-NTSC version of the game running at 60Hz.

Edited by Ike