NEurope
are1981

Wii U eShop Thread

So did anyone else end up getting Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara last week?

I ask because I'm reviewing it at the moment and was going to jump on the online mode in a bit and while I could just play with random players, I thought it might be fun if up to three other N-E players would like to join me? :)

If anyone has the game and wants to play tonight then give me a shout. : peace:

So did anyone else end up getting Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara last week?

I ask because I'm reviewing it at the moment and was going to jump on the online mode in a bit and while I could just play with random players, I thought it might be fun if up to three other N-E players would like to join me? :)

If anyone has the game and wants to play tonight then give me a shout. : peace:

I was actually tempted by it until I read it had no voice chat online. Seriously, what is the point of making a game online if you can't talk to the people you are playing with? The other people may as well be A.I.

I was actually tempted by it until I read it had no voice chat online. Seriously, what is the point of making a game online if you can't talk to the people you are playing with? The other people may as well be A.I.

True enough... it's still fun though! :) In fact it seems like we ended up getting the best version of the game overall as I heard that the 360/PS3 versions had issues with them, the Wii U version seems to be rather polished obviously putting the voice chat issue aside but yeah I do agree, in its current state it's probably better as a four-player local game. ::shrug:

Who knows though, perhaps they will patch it? If they do then I would say you have no reason not to get it. :D

Being honest I might have held off too if it wasn't for me being sent the review code but the pros still outweigh the cons as I was still really grateful to receive it as they have done a superb job updating two arcade classics that I never even got the chance to play. : peace:

Anyone remember the Mario character themed eShop cards that were announced during an Nintendo Direct ages ago? They are available for preorder(?) on Amazon. Although they state the release date is still to be announced, not sure if this have been added recently or not.

Toad - £15

Weegee - £25

Mario - £50

Anyone remember the Mario character themed eShop cards that were announced during an Nintendo Direct ages ago? They are available for preorder(?) on Amazon. Although they state the release date is still to be announced, not sure if this have been added recently or not.

Toad - £15

Weegee - £25

Mario - £50

Nintendo Direct sooner than we had expected? (but there are VC games this week...)

Next week would make more sense, because of course they have the Autumn System Update and the N64/GBA VC games to announce/release...

VC Weekly 260

content-4-33719-vcw-260.jpg

Mega Man X review

Enjoy! : peace:

Back from Eurogamer. Tried out the eShop games they had on display...

Tengami: BRILLIANT! Utterly beautiful and utterly clever little game. The papercraft world is used for some really clever environmental puzzles, where you have to flip over parts of the environment in order to create pathways for your character to progress through the world. It'll definitely make you think; along with the beautiful atmosphere, this one's a real winner! :D

Scram Kitty & his Buddy on rails: Another great game! There's a nice mix of puzzle solving along with the shooter gameplay. You have to put some thought into how you progress and how you tackle the various enemies you encounter. It's more action based than something like, say Mighty Switch Force, but you have to think a lot more about how you progress through the levels than in something like Nano Assault. Physics feel very nice and satisfying and the various enemy types, weapons you collect & stage hazards you encounter seem to promise a lot of fun variety as the game goes on. Looking forward to this one :)

QUBE Directors Cut: Think Portal mixed with Pullblox and you've got the right idea. Takes place in 1st person, with Portal like puzzle chambers, but all the puzzles involve you pushing and pulling blocks out from walls in order to progress (there are other things involved as well, like walls that can be rotated and balls that need to be rolled onto switches, but everything involves the block pushing/pulling mechanic). Puzzles are cleverly done and offer a good amount of player freedom to explore and discover their own solution (some puzzles have more than 1 solution). I do feel that it would benefit from Wiimote & Nunchuck controls, though one of the devs were there to take feedback and notes (and they did mention that they might take my suggestion for Wiimote & Chuck controls onboard, so here's hoping!). Looks to scratch that Portal itch very nicely :) (much better than Quantum Conundrum did!)

So yeah! I liked all three of them. Supposedly Scram Kitty is coming out this year, while Tengami and QUBE are due in Q1 2014. I want all three! :D (and so should you ;) )

Anyone been on the eShop since the update?

New Music

Edit: just seen it discussed in the Wii U update thread.

Edited by lostmario

Oh wow! All of Wii Kareoke U's music is uncensored! :o

2D64548C-F514-40AC-92BD-EF48BC14F059-2251-00000406858AFD48_zpsf0b2712b.jpg

F6216893-8EE8-4C3C-BD3B-696E8735AF1F-2251-00000406EEAF5140_zps2d4cf5be.jpg

Makes sense since it's technically an app that accesses an external service (so since PEGI have no jurisdiction in rating the music, they can only rate the "game" itself - meaning that they have to rate it as 3), instead of it being a game like Lips of Singstar that has songs inside the game itself (which bump up the game rating). But still, LOLOLOLOLOL, Microsoft and Somy censor music while Nintendo doesn't :laughing:

Oh wow! All of Wii Kareoke U's music is uncensored! :o

Makes sense since it's technically an app that accesses an external service (so since PEGI have no jurisdiction in rating the music, they can only rate the "game" itself - meaning that they have to rate it as 3), instead of it being a game like Lips of Singstar that has songs inside the game itself (which bump up the game rating). But still, LOLOLOLOLOL, Microsoft and Somy censor music while Nintendo doesn't :laughing:

Haha that is pretty cool.

Was just wondering about Wii Kareoke U actually.

You get a free hour or something to start with do you?

How that that work? YOu get the hour free from when you download or when you start playing?

If I only played say 30mins and turned it off would the "countdown" still continue or pick up again when I turned on the game again?

Having a little party this evening for my birthday I know a few people wouldn't say no to a sing song so might D/L this for the free hour?

Haha that is pretty cool.

Was just wondering about Wii Kareoke U actually.

You get a free hour or something to start with do you?

How that that work? YOu get the hour free from when you download or when you start playing?

If I only played say 30mins and turned it off would the "countdown" still continue or pick up again when I turned on the game again?

Having a little party this evening for my birthday I know a few people wouldn't say no to a sing song so might D/L this for the free hour?

When you download the game, you are given a free 1 hour pass. You choose when to redeem it and that lasts for the next hour from that time onwards, regardless of whether you're playing or not (so if you redeem it at 1PM, it lasts till 2PM, even if you quit the game).

I had a look through the songs on Karaoke U and it certainly has a wide variety! I haven't got round to playing it yet because I've had no one over but if it comes to it I'll just play it by myself on Monday :p

And I like the Mii outfits.

Has anyone managed to "win" on that slot machine type mini game added to teh eShop loading screen..... does anything happen?

Has anyone managed to "win" on that slot machine type mini game added to teh eShop loading screen..... does anything happen?

I have. It makes a little "Ding!" Noise and then let's you have another go. Nothing amazing, but it is cute.

I have. It makes a little "Ding!" Noise and then let's you have another go. Nothing amazing, but it is cute.
Aww, I was hoping for a free game download. :heh:

Also... there's time for another go?! :o

I barely have time to finish one go before the eShop has loaded!

Aww, I was hoping for a free game download. :heh:

Also... there's time for another go?! :o

I barely have time to finish one go before the eShop has loaded!

Ooh! Maybe you can still win a free game if you win enough times! Whooooo knooooowwwsss... ;)

Wii U eShop Downloads.

Virtual Console

Golf (Nintendo, NES VC) - €4.99/£3.49

Tennis (Nintendo, NES VC) - €4.99/£3.49

Special offers

Little Inferno (Tomorrow Corporation) - €4.99/€4.49 (Ends October 11, normally €9.99/£8.99)

Anyone know if final fight 2-3 are the 60 nz USA versions on the Eu e shop ?

All 3 are 60hz :)

Actually every Wii U VC game is 60hz except for Super Metroid, Harvest Moon and Kirby's Adventure.

All 3 are 60hz :)

Actually every Wii U VC game is 60hz except for Super Metroid, Harvest Moon and Kirby's Adventure.

And Balloon Fight. I know it was updated, but it's just sped up 50Hz. It runs fine other than the helium music.

And Balloon Fight. I know it was updated, but it's just sped up 50Hz. It runs fine other than the helium music.

Well it is technically 60hz, just the 50hz sped up but still 60hz nonetheless.

This weeks releases

nintendo eShop (Wii U)

Sonic Lost Wold (SEGA, available October 18) - €49.99/£39.99

Rise Against the Deadly Six. In his latest plot to defeat Sonic and rule the world, Dr. Eggman has harnessed the power of six menacing creatures known as the Deadly Six. However, when the Deadly Six rise up against their new master, Sonic must unite with his arch nemesis Eggman and explore the mystical Lost Hex in order to take them on head-to-head. Use Sonic's new moves & Colour Powers to speed across a variety of unique terrains, racing inside, outside and upside down in every level.

You can also receive download codes for the additional level available in the Deadly Six Edition and five Black Bomb colour powers if you purchase Sonic Lost World from Nintendo eShop on your Wii U between 00:01 on October 18th and 23:59 on October 26th. Before purchasing you must first register your Wii U console with your Club Nintendo account, then log in to Club Nintendo after purchasing and check the banners to claim and redeem your free download codes on or before 31st December 2013. You can find out how to register Wii U in Club Nintendo.

Hot Wheels World's Best Driver (WB Games) - €39.99/£29.99

Be the world's best driver! Gear up for the most intense challenges only Hot Wheels can deliver! Pick your team, choose your ride and go for it! Customise 24 iconic Hot Wheels vehicles and test your skills in 50+ challenges across 4 Hot Wheels test facilities.

Urban Champion (Nintendo, NES VC) - €4.99/£3.49

In Urban Champion, prove you're the toughest guy on the streets. Block, punch and dodge your way through opponents to force them back - and down the open manholes! Plus, you'll have to contend with angry neighbours dropping flower pots and avoid the attentions of the cops, too. Battle solo against computer controlled foes or face off against a friend in the two-player mode. This is the US version of the game.

Clu Clu Land (Nintendo, NES VC) - €4.99/£3.49

Released in the early days of the NES, Clu Clu Land is a unique and fast-paced action-maze game. Manoeuvre Bubbles around the stages by grabbing posts with her outstretched hands and swinging in your chosen direction. To win, explore the whole maze to uncover all of the gold bars. But beware! Spiky sea urchins can pop Bubbles if she touches them. Luckily, Bubbles can defend herself with an electric wave to stun her enemies. Clu Clu Land can be played solo or with a friend in simultaneous two-player mode. This is the US version of the game.

Another week of rubbish VC games. Fix up Nintendo!!

I don't remember for certain, but wasn't Mighty Switch Force 2 supposed to be released on Wii U in October? Has there been any kind of info from Wayforward as of late?

I don't remember for certain, but wasn't Mighty Switch Force 2 supposed to be released on Wii U in October? Has there been any kind of info from Wayforward as of late?

Coming out this Thursday in America, and October 25th in Europe. Will cost the same price as the 3DS version too, which was £5.00.

WayForward Twitter

Wii U eShop Downloads.

Mighty Switch Force! 2 (WayForward) - €5.00/£5.00

Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut (Square Enix) - €39.99/£29.99

Just Dance Kids 2014 (Ubisoft) - €39.99/£29.99

Donkey Kong 3 (Nintendo, NES VC) - €4.99/£3.49

Baseball (Nintendo, NES VC) - €4.99/£3.49

Pinball (Nintendo, NES VC) - €4.99/£3.49