NEurope
Cookyman

Dead Island: Riptide

Dead Island was one of my favourite games of this generation (got 1250G!), but their trailers are ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, they're cinematic and cute little short stories but they bear pretty much no relation to the game mechanics or tone at all!

They can just make the same game again but in a new location and I'd be happy with it.

Their facebook page has some pictures too;

305254_460706553952791_1834491535_n.jpg

296689_460706643952782_1515772449_n.jpg

228400_460706667286113_930499792_n.jpg

294400_460706750619438_1349582439_n.jpg

580116_460706720619441_74694429_n.jpg

All four are on-screen (yay for story continuation) so presumably these are cutscene shots if in-game at all.

So is this a sequel or an expansion/DLC?

If it's a sequel I'm surprised they haven't gone with '2' in the Title... you know because that's the only way the industry thinks it can get it across to the general public nowadays.

As far as I can tell it's a sequel just as Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Was a sequel. The sort of game that would've been deemed a sequel in the past, but these days there seems to be a certain undefined element that is required for sequels.

It's a continuation of the series, I guess they'd say! Though I'd be surprised if they didn't offer a new character.

Was the first game ever fixed? i avoided it due to the problems it faced, if they've been fixed i might actually bother to buy it

What was broken?

@Agent Gibbs

I remember there being articles on games sites about the PC version that was release being bug riddled and it seemed like an early build that was released, and the xbox had day 1 patches to fix issues and a guy at my work had it for the PS3 and took it back after a few days because he got a game destroying bug that made it unplayable, something about loosing weapons on a corupt save or something, it was all in the first week so i avoided it.

Really wanted the game too so if its Okay now (which given you asking me what was wrong i'd suspect means it is) then i might pick it up, then the sequel

Ah ok - yes I got it after release by a few months and it was very playable :) It's got to be £20 or less by now, so you should definitely pick it up.

I'm playing through Dead Island now and I adore it, it's one of my favourite games ever. It's just so much fun. I also agree with what Jayseven has said about the trailers, they're nice to watch but have no relevance to the game at all. I'll be having a go at this when it comes out but I think I'll wait it out for the Game of the Year edition...if I can...

No prizes for guessing the target market.

Patriots?

:heh:

Someone on the Internet has already jerked off to that special edition.

Someone on the Internet has already jerked off to that special edition.

I can't believe you found out!

This is absolutely disgusting. I was a big fan of the Dead Island and the fact that some PR person thought this statue was a good idea has meant I will not buy the sequel. There isn't even any indication that it's even a zombie, so for all intents and purposes they are giving away a foot high model of the grossly sexualised torso of the victim of a violent assault. I'm seriously getting sick of the misogyny in the gaming industry.