N-Europe

Bayonetta 2

Retro_Link

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta love Gaf.

Platinum just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Bayonetta 2 for the Wii U, nor will they purchase any of Platinum's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Platinum has alienated an entire market with this move.

Platinum, publicly apologize and make Bayonetta 2 multiplatform or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Gotta love Gaf.

Brilliant.

Nothing better than reading the mad ramblings of a self proclaimed expert.

Still, I knew there was a reason why I avoid that place like the plague.

The first game sold ok but it was never deemed to be truly successful commercially,despite heavy critical acclaim, hence why no sequel. I'm sure a great deal of those sales too came after the typical SEGA strategy of halving the retail price 4 weeks after launch.

If every Japanese fan who brought the game was outraged and didn't buy this, they really wouldn't be missing that many unit sales.

Jaw dropped with this announcement. Loved the first game, despite hating Devil May Cry. Never finished it though, think I put it down to finish off the first Darksiders as they were released at the same time and never got back to it but have been thinking about doing so.

If it is the case that Sega canned the game, and it seems likely with them streamlining what franchises they'll be producing games for and the whole Anarchy Reigns release debacle that's happened, and Nintendo have stepped in and saved the day then well done to them because Bayonetta, I feel anyway, is the best thing that has come out of Platinum Games so far and is a superb IP.

Wonder if Platinum will show any gameplay at TGS or whether it'll stay quiet until the new year. Hopefully the former as surely given Nintendo's attitude to announcements the game must be coming at the end of the launch window.

Never been to NeoGaf but it sounds like a good place to go if you want a good bellyaching laugh with comments like these.

Neogaf have more retarded members than what Reddit and 4chan have put together. So don't go there thinking you will get knowledge but more so just go there for the laughs of how stupid some of the posts are and how crazy some people are.

Also FUCK YES!!!

Never been to NeoGaf but it sounds like a good place to go if you want a good bellyaching laugh with comments like these.

Brilliant.

Nothing better than reading the mad ramblings of a self proclaimed expert.

Still, I knew there was a reason why I avoid that place like the plague.

It's a near word-for-work take on a deadly serious post made when Final Fantasy XIII was announced for Xbox 360. It's a GAF meme now, and is wheeled out when megatons of this nature drop.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!