N-Europe

3DS XL

Dyson

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a go on the silver one, it was lovely :)

cant wait to pick one up, i tempted by that blue

I think silver is the way forward for me too ya know!

Blue and red are both nice but I think silver works better with the black.

You decided what colour you're going for?!

I also went with red! Pre-order it earlier today.

I actually have a Silver XL in my flat atm (got a review system on loan from Nintendo) and that was my least favourite before and it's still my least favourite now. It just looks so dull.

Either way, if you're upgrading and you haven't tried it yet, you're in for a treat. It's superb. Looking forward to hopefully winning my first ever GP in the MK7 league on it, too!

My full review is here with images for anyone interested: http://bnbgaming.com/2012/07/22/hardware-review-nintendo-3ds-xl/

How do the screens (top screen especially) hold up outside during the day? :hmm:

Does the anti-glare that was mentioned in the Iwata Asks really work, or do you still just see your reflection in the screens when playing in bright lighting conditions? :blank:

I had a quick go outside today, and the screen looked a bit better, glare-wise, but can't remember whether I could see myself in it! I'll have a look tomorrow morning, if I remember, before it gets whisked back to Nintendo HQ. :(

I had a quick go outside today, and the screen looked a bit better, glare-wise, but can't remember whether I could see myself in it! I'll have a look tomorrow morning, if I remember, before it gets whisked back to Nintendo HQ. :(
Just put your old 3DS in the XL box when you send it back, I'm sure they won't notice. :heh:

I had a lot of trouble taking photos in the office due to the lights and the resulting glare.
Damn. :sad:

Would you say it was any better compared to the standard 3DS though? :hmm:

I saw a 3DS XL today in GAME. The screen is huge! It really looks like the best handheld Nintendo has ever made. I could never quite say that about the original 3DS, as the DSi XL always had something over it (ie. the size), but the 3DS XL is the best of both worlds.

Had a play on this in Gamestation earlier. Don't like it. Feels cheap. I hate the plastic feel and the buttons under the bottom screen are dreadful. Nice big screen and everything, but il be sticking with the classier, shiny original thank you very much.