Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2012/2013

Dog-amoto

As staggeringly confident as last season? and the season before that? and the one before that....

I'm generally finding it hard to gather how you were the much better team? what do you base that on? better looking hair styles for the spurs lot, flashier boots?

The fact that we were winning and controlling the game and shouldve even gone 2 nil up. To be honest 2nd half we were probably the better team too, and you extremely brave manager must have agreed by taking off his two attackers for midfielders.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought you were kidding about setting up his own team' date=' but he says he's interested in ownership and the article ends highlighting an element of his contract where he is able to set up an expansion to the MLS franchise?!

Mad.[/quote']

There was a rumour a few days ago that Snoop Dog wants to buy a share in Celtic and bring Beckham to the club. It could happen... :p

Rangers have just won the 'Big Tax Case'. Twitter is going mental with idiots laughing at the SPL. The fact of the matter is that Rangers weren't liquidated because of the big tax case, it was to do with the fact they had no money to pay £14m tax bill that had be brought up during Craig Whyte's period in charge.

The Big, and Wee, tax cases were on top of this.

It's even more hilarious that we're only 2 points behind Spurs now. We've been poor this season, results wise, Spurs just as bad near enough.

Next 2 games are tough, Swansea & Spuds (A), but then we have 7 very winnable games.

We could really put a good run together here.

Buh Bye Di Matteo

Manager Roberto Di Matteo has parted company with Chelsea, the club has announced.

Di Matteo won the Champions League and FA Cup as caretaker manager last season and was given a two-year deal in June.

But in the wake of the 3-0 defeat to Juventus, which has left the Blues on the brink of a Champions League exit, he has left Stamford Bridge.

"The club will be making an announcement shortly regarding a new first-team manager," a statement said.

Owner Roman Abramovich has made contact with former Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez to gauge his interest in taking charge at Chelsea on a short-term basis.

The club's Russian owner made contact with Benitez even before the defeat in Italy as he assessed his options.

After an impressive start to the season, the Blues have won two of their last eight games.

They sit third in the Premier League table, four points behind leaders Manchester City, who they host at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.

Chelsea could become the first-ever Champions League holders to exit at the group stage the season after.

The statement continued: "The team's recent performances and results have not been good enough and the owner and the board felt that a change was necessary now to keep the club moving in the right direction as we head into a vitally important part of the season.

"The club faces a difficult task ahead in qualifying for the knockout stages of the UEFA Champions League as well as maintaining a strong challenge for the top of the Premier League while competing in three other cup competitions.

"Our aim is to remain as competitive as possible and challenge strongly on all fronts."

Former West Brom manager and Chelsea player Di Matteo, who had been working as assistant manager at Stamford Bridge, replaced Andre Villas-Boas in March.

He took over in the wake of Chelsea's 3-1 defeat to Napoli in the first leg of their Champions League last-16 tie.

But they overturned that deficit with a 4-1 win at Stamford Bridge and secured a 2-2 draw at Barcelona in the semi-final second leg despite having John Terry sent off in the first half at the Nou Camp.

After beating Liverpool 2-1 in the FA Cup final, they beat Bayern Munich in a dramatic penalty shoot-out in the Champions League final.

They finished sixth in the Premier League and Abramovich waited until June to give Di Matteo the job on a permanent basis.

And after the arrivals of Eden Hazard, Oscar and Victor Moses, they suffered just one defeat in their opening 12 matches before the recent downturn.

Abramovich is now looking for a ninth manager since he took over at Stamford Bridge in 2003.

Source - BBC SPort

Somehow I knew this would happen before the end of the season....didn't expect it before December though.

Abramovich might have pockets deeper than the pacific ocean but he's clueless on how to deal with Managers. It's early in the season and they are 4 points from the top of the Prem, sure they are struggling in Europe and recent games but come on this is such a knee jerk reaction. It;s not like they are in the bottom half of the Prem fighting relegation.

I bet even if they were top of the Prem this would have still happened. I bet Abramovich never wanted Di Mateo as a permanate manager. He probably figured he would just ride out the remainder of last season after he sacked AVB, prolly didn't expect Di Mateo to then go and win the FA Cup and Champions League. Not taking him on full time then would have seemed crazy. Any mention on what Di Mateo's termination clause would have been? Bet Abramovich made it as small a fee as possible cause he was just waiting for an excuse to sack him.

Feel sorry for Di Mateo he litterly had no hope of keeping his job short of a 100% win record in all competions.

Imagine if Abramovich was in charge of Man Utd when Ferguson first became manager.... Fergie wouldn't have lasted one season and Man U would be a very different club.

Edited by Mokong

DI Matteo has had a brilliant time at Chelsea' date=' then! Won some silverware and, no doubt, received a nice severance to his contarct -- and will be welcome to many clubs as manager, I'm sure![/quote']

Mm, but I'm sure he'd have traded that severance pay for getting to develop the team after bringing in Oscar / Hazard / Moses.

Insanely harsh / ridic. It's not even like they were particularly bad losing last night.

DI Matteo has had a brilliant time at Chelsea' date=' then! Won some silverware and, no doubt, received a nice severance to his contarct -- and will be welcome to many clubs as manager, I'm sure![/quote']

Not to mention he increased his stature with the fans.

Chelsea are a ridiculous club. Abramovich might as well make himself manager, he'd win it all and still not be satisfied. Stupid twat.
Couldn't agree more! Go and make yourself manager Abramovich you utter twat!

Such a shame for Di Matteo, he probably had some lame ass 'well we'll just give you a chance and see how it goes contract'. He's been doing the best he could this season (injuries/suspensions asside) and by and lareg it's been brilliant! They could have just done with a little strengthening in January.

Such a shame. I hope a number of Chelsea players will realise they can't play under a club run like this and look to leave in January. Utter joke!

Edited by Retro_Link

Such a shame. I hope a number of Chelsea players will realise they can't play under a club run like this and look to leave in January. Utter joke!

Very few of them will give a toss, they still get their pay cheque. However I think some of the old boys like Lampard and Cole will look to go elsewhere.

I'm really surprised Chelsea fans don't voice their opinions more towards Abramovich's behaviour at the stadium.

It's a bit ludicrous for them to complain about Abramovich because he's taken them from not winning the league for 50 years to Champions of Europe. You sell your soul, you live with the devil.

It's a bit ludicrous for them to complain about Abramovich because he's taken them from not winning the league for 50 years to Champions of Europe. You sell your soul, you live with the devil.
No I know I almost wrote that in my post, that he got them to where they are.

But I'd like to think you'd see some banners/protests etc... from long term fans of the club asking him to stop running the club like a complete joke!

What a joke. Di matteo wins the FA Cup and Champions League, has a little bad run and gets the sack. For the sake of Chelsea, Abramovich should sell-up and leave. He's ruining the club, which is still in all major tournaments and is 3rd in the league.

Hopefully Di matteo gets a nice club to manage soon that treats him right. No manager should be sacked because of this at all.

Benitez is too good for them and deserves better.

lol :laughing:

Not surprised at all. Surprised Di Matteo even started this season as Chelsea manager, let alone lasted until November. Nothing to do with him, he's a good manager. But, nobody can fulfil Abramovich's desires.

Club is a mess. There's no way that this constant changing of the manager can be justified. Chelsea have been consistently fighting for the league and winning trophies, they're nowhere near a crisis club.

What I do find unnerving is that they've sacked a manager and named his replacement all in the space of few hours. Quite disrespectful. I don't really know how any manager can take a job under these circumstances.

Saw this on Twitter:

Stat of the day: #Chelsea have shelled out £86m on compensation since 04'. MORE than Everton's net transfer spend since #EPL began. Wow.

Makes you think....Everton should push the boat out a little.

lol :laughing:

What?

Chelsea are a joke of a club, he's a top top manager. I'm sure he understands it's only temp/till the end of the season at first but i can see it going the same way as Di Matteo.

Benitez got us painfully close to winning the league. With financial backing and more importantly time. He will turn Chelsea into a really good team.

I mean, he won the Champions League with Djimi Traore at left back. :p

What I do find unnerving is that they've sacked a manager and named his replacement all in the space of few hours. Quite disrespectful. I don't really know how any manager can take a job under these circumstances.

I read somewhere that Chelsea were already making enquiries about Di Matteo's replacement before the Juve game. If that's true it's possible even getting a result againt Juve could have only bought him another game's grace.

I think Rafa doesn't have much to lose in a caretaker role. He's probably expecting to be replaced by Guardiola or Mourinho next season, it's probably just a decent payday for him, and it get's him back in the game at a high level. Frankly if Liverpool don't finish in at least a Europa League spot this season it wouldn't surprise me to see him back at Anfield next year.

From Chelsea's point of view I think pretty much anyone could do a caretaker job, but I reckon they want Rafa to see if he can sort Torres out. There's no question that Torres was at his best under Rafa, even Torres himself said Rafa made him a better player, and I think it shows. He was a very promising talent at Atletico, then at Liverpool he became world class, but it's been down hill for Torres since Rafa hasn't been his manager.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!