N-Europe

Football Season 2012/2013

Dog-amoto

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Sky Sports are already saying Arsenal are missing Van Persie. I don't think he would have scored in that game. Sunderland parked the bus.

A draw is positive, at least we're not Liverpool.

Now Song has gone too. Always liked him as a player, but seems like Wenger is taking the attitude "if you don't want to be here, you can fuck off"

Thought we might have got a little more than 15m, but i'm not a football manager, what do I know.

A win on the first day of the season. Marvellous! Seems like that hasn't happened in a while.

I thought we defended pretty solidly with an unfortunate set piece mishap getting the better of us. Ben Arfa was the man of the match for me, caused so many problems with the runs he created and very much deserved his goal when it came. Cabaye and Cisse were a little disappointing, but it was great to have Steven Taylor back and have Ba finally score another goal. Lovely finish too.

Thought Defoe looked very bright for Spurs, I had forgotten about how good he could be. Bale and VDV were also causing us quite a few problems for prolonged spells in the game. Sigurdsson seemed underwhelming.

If Spurs and Newcastle end up as close to each other as they were last year, this could be a very significant win.

Fooootbaaalllllll! Thank God. It's been too long.

Tottenham frustrate me. They've needed a striker for so long, and now all they really have is Defoe. As good as he is, it's so dangerous and naive to rely on one man. With another striker or two, they could have got something today.

So surprised at the Liverpool and QPR scorelines. Both got battered! Didn't expect that at all.

Can't wait for Match of the Day tonight. Wish we were playing today, though. All of the opening games should be on Saturday.

So Sky Sports are already saying Arsenal are missing Van Persie. I don't think he would have scored in that game. Sunderland parked the bus.

A draw is positive, at least we're not Liverpool.

Now Song has gone too. Always liked him as a player, but seems like Wenger is taking the attitude "if you don't want to be here, you can fuck off"

Thought we might have got a little more than 15m, but i'm not a football manager, what do I know.

Depressing how Giroud can miss one opportunity and a lot of people already write him off. Miss a-side I was impressed with all our new signings and the draw wasn't a bad result, Sunderland came for the draw and parked the bus. The sharpness wasn't there and we were a bit static, but it'll come with games.

Was cheering Saints on earlier, great start from them, shame they couldn't hold on. Was confused why they didn't start with Lambert but then remembered he is always unfit at the start of the season.

One thing that pissed me off was how patronising the commentators were being towards them, "oh aren't they trying hard against the mighty Man City". Also how when Southampton were 2-1 up they were comparing it to City being 2-1 down on the last day of the season. The situations were nothing alike! "Oh Dzeko has equalised, just like he did on the last day of the season!" Yeah that was in the 93rd min, not the 70th. And not the only time he has ever equalised, I'm sure.

Sometimes I wonder why I don't just turn the commentary off.

Was cheering Saints on earlier, great start from them, shame they couldn't hold on. Was confused why they didn't start with Lambert but then remembered he is always unfit at the start of the season.

One thing that pissed me off was how patronising the commentators were being towards them, "oh aren't they trying hard against the mighty Man City". Also how when Southampton were 2-1 up they were comparing it to City being 2-1 down on the last day of the season. The situations were nothing alike! "Oh Dzeko has equalised, just like he did on the last day of the season!" Yeah that was in the 93rd min, not the 70th. And not the only time he has ever equalised, I'm sure.

How many times did they mention how great the Premier League is and also how Man City won it against QPR last season?

The game is all about the 'campaign' through the season. At the start there's no backstory from which to really weave magical stats and legends out of, so yeah they talk a lot of arse!

I saw a fun stat on the BBC match summary - only th 8th Prem game where all three subs have scored a goal. I'm sure not a single pub quiz in the land will ever ask that, but hey.

Glad to see it wasn't just me getting annoyed with it.

It was a great match for the neutral. Southampton looked really sharp and organised. I love it when the underdogs/newly promoted teams can give the Premier League big hitters a run for their money. :D

Phil Thompon's face was priceless on Soccer Saturday when Liverpool were getting beat. He wasn't even watching that match but he was still gutted. :)

thompson.png

I didn't expect us to get a result at West Brom and I wasn't disappointed. :D

Some mad news coming from Italy. Cassano could be heading to Inter as part of a swap deal. Juventus look to be signing Fernando Llorente for 14 million pounds.

At that price, that is a steal. Surely at that price AVB would be thinking of putting in a bid.

Sure could. Llorente would then reject spurs and still go to Juve. :p

God, we were so bad in that second half. First half was pretty good, both sides up for it. No idea what happened in the second, we never got out of first gear. What Wayne Rooney has to do to get subbed is beyond me as he did next to nothing all game. Nani was awful, Evra was pretty terrible as well. Not one decent cross into the box from anyone.

Everton fully deserved it. Controlled the midfield and defended well at the back. Aside from one or two moments, we couldn't get anywhere near them.

God, I love football.

Also, to whoever was asking about streaming games... vipbox.tv is the best ive found, the londoner streams are pretty decent quality.

(Am I allowed to post that link? admins can delete if not.)

Nah, don't think you should post it. Maybe PM to those that ask.

Kagawa, David De Gea and Vidic were the only positives from that game.

Amazing first half though, very energetic from both teams.

Some pretty disgusting chanting was reported aswell, I'm sure it was only a minority, every club has a minority of brainless fans unfortunately. It's just sad that instead of supporting their own team, they'd rather waste their breathe shouting things that they did.

What did they chant out of interest?

Was impressed with Kagawa! Had him as my captain and thought he'd do well, always wanting the ball.

How Vidic didn't get booked for his shirt pulling is beyond me, every game he does that/ handballs it on the sly or holds in the box and I just wonder how he isn't caught!

De Gea played well, had no chance with the goal. Great game to watch.

If it wasn't for the scouters, we could stand.

99% of football fans are actually human, and would be embarrassed by such behaviour. Chelsea fans did it in the FA Cup, Liverpool fans have done it, and none of them are really supporters of football and/or their clubs.