N-Europe

Nintendo Land

Retro_Link

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all the doubters, Nintendo Land is a million times more fun and has more depth than Wii Play. Wait til you play it before writing it off.

I loved Takamaru, was shit at Donkey Kong, and the multiplayer of Animal Crossing and Luigi is really unique. Never before has it felt like team work was so essential in a multiplayer game.

A couple of things:

- The fact that F-Zero and Takamura are included makes me think at least one of those franchises is getting a revival behind the scenes.

- Which kind of makes you wonder why in the world StarFox isn't present. . .

- Takamura in favour of the StarFox crew, ....hmmmyeah, something fishy is going on there.

I do hope this comes bundled with it, because, despite the fact that it is, at its core, a minigame collection, it still shows you lots of ways to use the pad in a creative fashion.

Also a brilliant artstyle which gives me high hopes for NINTENDO's HD art direction.

So, do we already know in what way exactly this will tie in with MiiVerse?

Can I just walk up to someone in the central plaza and ask them to join me in a game of Zelda: Battle Quest?

Or am I seeing that wrong?

A couple of things:

- The fact that F-Zero and Takamura are included makes me think at least one of those franchises is getting a revival behind the scenes.

- Which kind of makes you wonder why in the world StarFox isn't present. . .

- Takamura in favour of the StarFox crew, ....hmmmyeah, something fishy is going on there.

I do hope this comes bundled with it, because, despite the fact that it is, at its core, a minigame collection, it still shows you lots of ways to use the pad in a creative fashion.

Also a brilliant artstyle which gives me high hopes for NINTENDO's HD art direction.

So, do we already know in what way exactly this will tie in with MiiVerse?

Can I just walk up to someone in the central plaza and ask them to join me in a game of Zelda: Battle Quest?

Or am I seeing that wrong?

I think StarFox is present, the icons for the mini games clearly showed him! We just haven't seen his game yet.

NintendoLand will likely be bundled in the west, however I can't see it being bundled in Japan - just like Wii Sports wasn't!

I think StarFox is present, the icons for the mini games clearly showed him! We just haven't seen his game yet.

NintendoLand will likely be bundled in the west, however I can't see it being bundled in Japan - just like Wii Sports wasn't!

If you've watched the video then it's pretty clear that, at least according to the logos, the StarFox franchise isn't represented.

Same goes for the Kirby franchise, or is that considered Hal Laboratory?

Edited by Fused King

If you've watched the video then it's pretty clear that, at least according to the logos, the StarFox franchise isn't represented.

Same goes for the Kirby franchise, or is that considered Hal Laboratory?

Sorry, I could swear I saw a Starfox Arwing on the logos, but I was mistaken. That's a disappointment.

However, considering there are so many franchises not in there - including Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Mario Kart, Advance Wars (which surely could have had great asymettric gameplay), Wario and Kirby I'm sure it doesn't mean that much.

Plus, I'm sure I did see an Arwing in the park!

Sorry, I could swear I saw a Starfox Arwing on the logos, but I was mistaken. That's a disappointment.

However, considering there are so many franchises not in there - including Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Mario Kart, Advance Wars (which surely could have had great asymettric gameplay), Wario and Kirby I'm sure it doesn't mean that much.

Plus, I'm sure I did see an Arwing in the park!

I wouldn't say that, because, considering the vast array of franchises available, the choice NINTENDO made is that much more interesting.

So I think two things could be going on here:

1. NINTENDO uses the likes of F-Zero, Takamura and Balloon Fight in order to get more people familiar with these franchises for they're looking to revive them in the future.

2. Echoing Reggie, NINTENDO thinks that they're providing the fans with excellent service, because they're revivng old franchises, ....albeit in a minigame collection. :(

F-Zero was a big slap in the face!

I think it's a bit of both really, but choosing something like Takamura over the likes of StarFox, Kirby or even Pokémon does smells like fish:laughing:

Aren't the franchises chosen directly made by the division that is making Nintendoland?! Nothing more to it than that?

I don't know to be honest, just remembered reading that. Really hope they keep adding to the park in the form of DLC, great way to advertise future games and such. I think we all know Nintendo won't?! As nintendon't!

Aren't the franchises chosen directly made by the division that is making Nintendoland?! Nothing more to it than that?

I don't know to be honest, just remembered reading that. Really hope they keep adding to the park in the form of DLC, great way to advertise future games and such. I think we all know Nintendo won't?! As nintendon't!

They've already announced DLC for NSMB2! So there's the very real chance that Nintendo Land could get it.

They've already announced DLC for NSMB2! So there's the very real chance that Nintendo Land could get it.

I hope you're right. But I think there's a big difference between a few extra levels on a mario game, than a whole new attractin in nintendo land.

I think it's a bit of both really, but choosing something like Takamura over the likes of StarFox, Kirby or even Pokémon does smells like fish:laughing:

Not really. They already had these prototypes in production and simply slapped on whatever franchise best suited the game (Chase Mii/AC Sweet Day, Battle Mii/The Metroid game and the ninja star/Takamaru's Ninja Castle tech demos from E3 2011 all became their respective Nintendoland attractions.)

Actually that's typically how Nintendo operate anyway. They come up with prototypes and slap on the characters that best fit the gameplay concept. Kid Icarus Uprising is a good example of this; if you've ever read the Iwata Asks, Sakurai mentions how he came up with the flying and land battle prototypes and then considered putting the Starfox characters/universe into the game, before settling on making it a revival of Kid Icarus.

• 2 months later...

GI info & images:

Metroid Blast -

Up to 5 players

Wii Game Pad is Samus ship (might feature other types of machines)

4 players can play in free-for-all or team deathmatch.

Pointer and analog controls supported.

Several maps!

Classic Metroid music

Balloon Trip Breeze –

Similar to Balloon Fight

Players guide floating Miss through side-scrolling levels filled with obstacles like electric spikes, crazy birds, and hungry fish.

Use stylus to draw gusts of wind to direct the Mii

Goal is to fly as far as you can.

TV shows complete view of the field, GamePad shows zoomed in for precise dodging.

Nintendo hopes the game breeds competition through Miiverse

nintendo_land-1.jpg

nintendo_land-2.jpg

nintendo_land-3.jpg

metroid_blast-1.jpg

metroid_blast-2.jpg

metroid_blast-3.jpg

Edited by Dante

Metroid Blast -

Up to 5 players

Wii Game Pad is Samus ship (might feature other types of machines)

4 players can play in free-for-all or team deathmatch.

Pointer and analog controls supported.

Several maps!

Classic Metroid music

Balloon Trip Breeze –

Similar to Balloon Fight

Players guide floating Miss through side-scrolling levels filled with obstacles like electric spikes, crazy birds, and hungry fish.

Use stylus to draw gusts of wind to direct the Mii

Goal is to fly as far as you can.

TV shows complete view of the field, GamePad shows zoomed in for precise dodging.

Nintendo hopes the game breeds competition through Miiverse

So out of the list that Dante posted, this caught my eye.

Does that mean we can compare scores with everyone on our friends list and does this mean we can do that with every game? If this is the case then this game has just got a lot more interesting for me.

Looks great! :D

Always liked the look of this game; don't know why some have been so down on it. (although maybe that due to a few of the more underwhelming games being shown, and getting Mii F-Zero instead of F-Zero U)

Visually it doen't really look like anything that couldn't be done on Wii with some effort put in... but it looks to have some really nice choices in gameplay!

Would be even better if it was online of course, but as Hero said, it would be great to be able to compare scores across certain games, as seems to be the case!

Surprise surprise! The Metroid game is Battle Mii!

Was that ever in doubt though!

More info:

- ride a small train to and from attractions

- spend coins in the hub that you've earned by playing attractions

- winning pachinko games populates the park with Nintendo memorabilia

- this includes Miis in Zelda costumes

- Metroid Blast has everyone dress up in Samus' armor

- one player flies Samus' ship using the GamePad and screen

- 4 Wii MotionPlus players (plus Nunchuk) try to shoot down the ship

- no radar available

- includes a lava-filled Norfair map

- this map features a mechanical Kraid that players can grapple up to