N-Europe

Scribblenauts Unlimited

Retro_Link

Well, not quite related; but my copy of the super cheap super scribblenauts(£3.40 delivered on amazon right now!!) arrived, and I'm remembering what an awesome concept scribblenauts really was. Tempts me to want to get this eventually after all, but still not sure if it'll be a Wii U purchase. Still interested to see if there's changes when it does get released.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are loads of "achievements" in this game, which give you starite pieces. They usually are obtained by doing ridiculous things. I'm going to try and get them without looking at the hints.

Hahaha, good luck with that. Aren't there over 200 of them? And you're going to create objects at random in the hopes of finding just the right combinations.

Yeah, that sounds like fun.

Maybe now we can see what the big fuss is about!

I think we'll have to wait until the revised version comes out before we know what's going on. Review copies and eShop versions are already out there - it isn't anything glaring.

I don't think we'll find out unless someone does a proper comparison of the two, or 5th Cell/Nintendo let us know.

Well, just about finished this. Just need to do the achievement-esque Starite Shards and then I've 100%'d it.

Great game, a bit easier than the past ones, though some things stumped me completely. I have had a lot of fun playing it over the past week and recommend it to anyone.

Have only touched on the Object Editor a little, but I do lack a creative imagination.

I have been trying hard to work out what would make it get delayed, tried words like spastic to see if that was the case again, but nothing.

RUMOR - Scribblenauts Unlimited was delayed in UK due to spelling issues?

It's a well known fact that there are differences in American and UK spellings. There are certain words that obviously mean the same thing, but are spelled with a 'u' or 'o' that Americans don't use. Rumor has it that this was the reason Scribblenauts Unlimited was delayed. The UK version still didn't contain those spellings, leaving only the American-style spellings.

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=196579

RUMOR - Scribblenauts Unlimited was delayed in UK due to spelling issues?

It's a well known fact that there are differences in American and UK spellings. There are certain words that obviously mean the same thing, but are spelled with a 'u' or 'o' that Americans don't use. Rumor has it that this was the reason Scribblenauts Unlimited was delayed. The UK version still didn't contain those spellings, leaving only the American-style spellings.

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=196579

I've only noticed neighbour as doing that. Everything else has been fine. Colourful works, harbour etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

FINALLY! Although stupidly late.

Scribblenauts Unlimited will finally be released in the UK in December.

You may remember that 5th Cell's Wii U game was initially scheduled for release in February but was delayed at the last minute.

Nintendo of Europe apologised to fans for the delay at the time, stating: "We are sorry to announce that Scribblenauts Unlimited, a game developed by Warner Bros. Interactive & 5th Cell and published by Nintendo of Europe for both Nintendo 3DS and Wii U, will be delayed in Europe. It has come to light that some changes need to be implemented within the game before we launch them across Europe. We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and we hope to make further announcements on the European launch of these games very soon."

You do have to wonder how many Wii U owners who were waiting for it just bought the PC version instead which has been below £5 quite a few times.

If they sell it for anything about £20, they are having a laugh. Even then, that's a push. I know they need to make money, but...when it's available elsewhere and has been for so long, what's the point in paying close to full price for it?

Shitty decisions like this piss me off.