NEurope
Retro_Link

Scribblenauts Unlimited

Scribblenauts now in HD and on your Wii U/Game Pad!

Edited by Retro_Link

I think this'll make a good party game, I never played the original so I'm looking forward to it.

1.jpg?cache=56.17504492350267

4.jpg?cache=98.0099417814875

5.jpg?cache=90.28466477170653

7.jpg?cache=13.62360085661553

Features:

All-New Unbound World: Explore an open universe consisting of 41 levels with 50+ starites and 500+ starite shards accounting for 20+ hours of gameplay, and unlimited hours using every level as a playground.

Object Creation and Sharing: Not impressed by an "angry, polka-dotted shark"? How about a "zombie, robotic skateshark" that breathes fire? It's all possible with the new object creator. Use them in your game to solve puzzles and share them online with your friends, while modifying their own creation to your liking.

Object Library: Store previously summoned objects and your own creations in Maxwell's "magic backpack" for easy access and future use.

Multiplayer Mode: Play with a friend! Drop in using a Wii Remote and take control of any object in game.

Merit Board: Each world comes with a comprehensive list of hints, including the new "Starite Vision" helper highlighting all nearby starites and starite shards.

HD Graphics: The game features beautiful high-definition hand-drawn scenery and objects.

Edited by Retro_Link

I dunno, isn't this kinda the style to expect? A much more polished version of the DS game.

If they'd made it look like Rayman Legends for example, maybe there just wouldn't have been the space left that's needed for the game to house all the possible creations? (I don't know how the game works/does this)

Just watched some footage of this and they have really gone to town with the customisation in it. I can't wait and just pre-ordered :D

I don't think sprucing up the graphic and letting me make crazy items is enough to make me re buy a game I already own on DS and ios.

I don't think sprucing up the graphic and letting me make crazy items is enough to make me re buy a game I already own on DS and ios.

Well this one isn't just random assortment of puzzles, it has a narrative, is apparently sandboxy as well

Well this one isn't just random assortment of puzzles, it has a narrative, is apparently sandboxy as well

Yeah but I still feel like your progression through that narrative will require the same kind of solutions to puzzles just with that more crazy freedom that being able to bolt anything together will bring. For some reason it's evoking memories of the Dizzy series which sort of was sandboxy for a 2D game where you could visit different areas and solves bits of puzzles but really there was a set order that everything fitted in.

I'm not totally negative on the game, it looks fantastic and finally the quality of the visuals match all the awesome fan art that did the rounds back when the original was first announced.

Is it me, or could they have pushed the graphics a lot more?

I think this 1080p though, and perhaps 60fps as well, so it will probably look like butter in motion.

Confirmed to be launch in the US so will likely be launch here.

They also reconfirmed that you can share objects you make through the Nintendo Network. They have also stated that there is absolutely no limit to the amount of items you can have made at any one time, unlike on the previous games (and the 3DS version)

content-4-32964-scrib.jpg

BURBANK, Calif. – October 17, 2012 – Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment announces that its highly anticipated Scribblenauts Unlimited game will feature even more than ever before, with Nintendo themed bonus content. Players can summon dozens of their favorite characters and items from the Mario™ and Legend of Zelda™ franchises exclusively in the Wii U™ version of the game.

Players will delight in producing fantastical and sometimes hilarious interactions between the Mario and Legend of Zelda characters and objects, alongside everyone’s favorite word-wielding Scribblenauts adventurer, Maxwell. Discovered Nintendo characters and objects will behave in the fun and fantastical ways they do in their respective game worlds.

Scribblenauts Unlimited expands upon the best-selling, award-winning video game franchise that challenges players to imagine anything and bring it to life in the game. This latest Scribblenauts installment will feature a huge side-scrolling open world with new, high-definition hand-drawn scenery and objects where players can help Maxwell solve robust puzzles and challenges by creating any object they can imagine.

Created and developed by 5TH Cell, Scribblenauts Unlimited will include all-new features, more exploration and a completely original gaming experience for the Wii U system, Nintendo 3DS™ hand-held system and PC this November.

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=188105

Edited by Helmsly

Surprised they managed to work out a way to make me want this game more :D

Any word on if it's launch here too? I know it is for the US but nothing has been said for Europe

Surprised they managed to work out a way to make me want this game more :D

Any word on if it's launch here too? I know it is for the US but nothing has been said for Europe

I'm guessing a slight delay - pants are quite different over here.

I'm guessing a slight delay - pants are quite different over here.

Well the other games didn't have a delay much bigger than the launch delay (12 days) of the Wii U...

Well the other games didn't have a delay much bigger than the launch delay (12 days) of the Wii U...

Blimey, that was quick. It took Nintendo nearly six month to not realise that they should have removed the word spastic from Super Paper Mario.

Blimey, that was quick. It took Nintendo nearly six month to not realise that they should have removed the word spastic from Super Paper Mario.

Indeed, and since this is essentially building upon their old word database, it shouldn't require too much work

For reference

Scribblenauts:

US: September 15, 2009

EU: October 9, 2009

Super Scribblenauts:

US: October 12, 2010

EU: October 29, 2010

I can see it hitting launch, I just want confirmation (else my launch lineup becomes lackluster)

Maxwell's family.

FAM_PIC_png%20copy.jpg

Nice picture.

Came in expecting a UK release date. You tease :p

I'm sorry Serebii, it's a launch title for the US.

If that's any conciliation...

I'm sorry Serebii, it's a launch title for the US.

If that's any conciliation...

No, that makes things worse :p