N-Europe

Pikmin 3

Retro_Link

Pikmin 3's controls are similar to the ported Wii versions of the original games, primarily using the Wii Remote and Nunchuck to move and control your Pikmin army. The Wii U GamePad is currently only used to view the map and move around it.

From the main page.

So wait, is it implied that you switch between the Pad and the Wii-Chuck, or is the Pad meant to be resting on your lap or standing on a stand so that you can see the map?

Can't one play the game with the Pad only?

Edited by Fused King

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What's with the repeat treasures? There was a strawberry and a cherry as treasures in Pik 2, infact there were at least 2 strawberries and a bunch of other repeat treasures as well. So now they're being repeated again in the new game? :blank:

For me the wonder of finding a new treasure was my favourite part of the game. The treasures were generally brilliant (apart from the repeats). And seeing as how they're based on everyday items, i don't see why they're even repeating them at all. There are endless possibilities surely.

I don't think this is part of the main mode - it's just a 'how many pieces of fruit can you find in X amount of time'. I'm sure there'll be all new treasures in the main mode, and hopefully some 'real life' objects like the Duracell battery in Pikmin 2.

I don't think this is part of the main mode - it's just a 'how many pieces of fruit can you find in X amount of time'. I'm sure there'll be all new treasures in the main mode, and hopefully some 'real life' objects like the Duracell battery in Pikmin 2.

Yeah I hope so too. Pikmin 2 and Crazy Taxi are probably the only games (or are at least the only ones I can think of) where non game product placement actually improved the game experience!

• 1 month later...
How can this game not be a launch-title?

It's been in development for how long now? 4, 5 years?

This game must undoubtedly be Miyamoto's Magnum Opus.

I think it's probably ready but seeing as The Wonderful 101 looks very similar, they may be holding it back, while this will draw those interested in Pikmin in.

Is this new?

After completing a stage, the replay feature allows players the option to review their results using the GamePad and TV. Fast-forward, rewind or pause while assessing the previous mission to decide on other paths.

In addition to the five original types of Pikmin encountered in previous games,

the new Rock Pikmin bring powerful new abilities and are able to crack hard

outer shells of enemies and break through solid barriers.

I don't think delayed games are usually good at all - in fact, I think the opposite is true. If something takes significantly more than three years and/or its development spans multiple consoles, it usually means there's a problem. Not that I consider Pikmin 3 "delayed" - Miyamoto has been saying for years that they weren't working on it full-on whilst the Wii was in its prime (you can see why they waited for HD). If it takes many more months I'll consider it delayed, but if it's out soonish after the Wii U's launch, no problem!

• 2 months later...

I really hope they give this a massive sheen. Reports suggested this was clearly a wii game put on the wii u. So it'd be great if they made it look as glorious as possible.... Early next year is going to be great (for gaming in general) - Rayman, Pikmin, Wonderful 101, Need for speed, Aliens...

• 2 weeks later...