NEurope
Mokong

Nintendo Conference (5.00pm - 5th June)

It was a good conference. Not enough for a new console showcase, but it still did a decent job of highlighting how some of the Wii U features work with different games. I think it dragged and got a bit, there was way too much talking, and not enough gameplay. That said, Pikmin 3, Batman, ZombU and Nintendoland looked great! Plus I'm glad it supports 2 Wii U pads per console now, which was one of my main gripes when Nintendo first announced the console.

Even though it was a slow paced conference, it had a strong start, and has sold the Wii U to me much more. It was far better than the reveal at last E3, and it's now deffinitely clear that it's an entirely new system, and not just a Wii add-on.

My only major issue now is that there's still no solid release date, or a price point set.

What consoles will watch dogs be on?

Ubi guy: PS3, 360 and PC

Awesome.

Absolutely no mention of EA, no fifa, no COD etc etc.

So nintendo have no real 3rd party support, they barely have any 1st party core games... Nintendo are in big do do. It's the Wii all over again, but without the innovation and a generation of nintendo-jaded gamers later!

Project P100 looked...... forgettable

still early days though

Oh poor baby, have a cry about it.

So I can't have an opinion on an open forum? #GodHasSpoken

Guys, time to go back and watch the 2006 conference and how they hyped Wii.

Miyamoto conducting an orchestra, Galaxy footage, large game reel showcasing diverse third party support, loads of cool demonstrations of motion gaming, etc. All from memory anyway.

If you compare it to this, they are REALLY struggling to sell Wii U. They didnt brag about tons of third party support or anything.

Please tell me they aren't seriously considering selling NintendoLand separately.

It needs to be bundled in like Wii Sports.

What consoles will watch dogs be on?

Ubi guy: PS3, 360 and PC

Awesome.

Absolutely no mention of EA, no fifa, no COD etc etc.

So nintendo have no real 3rd party support, they barely have any 1st party core games... Nintendo are in big do do. It's the Wii all over again, but without the innovation and a generation of nintendo-jaded gamers later!

To Watch Dogs, he said, "...and uh... we'll see"

So no confirmation or denial as to a Wii U version.

COD is almost a certainty, we've had all the other on Wii.

What do you want from EA?

---

Anyway yeah Ubisoft won E3

Then Sony > Nintendo >>> Microsoft

---

Project P-100 looks meh.

Guys, time to go back and watch the 2006 conference and how they hyped Wii.

Miyamoto conducting an orchestra, Galaxy footage, large game reel showcasing diverse third party support, loads of cool demonstrations of motion gaming, etc. All from memory anyway.

If you compare it to this, they are REALLY struggling to sell Wii U. They didnt brag about tons of third party support or anything.

They had an entire reel of third party games...

That was... Exciting and disappointing at the same time. What they showed was good, but there wasn't much of it!

Only 4 1st party titles?! That's it?! And all of them sequels?! (Nintendo Land, however innovative and unbelievably fricking cute, is effectively Wii Play U with a Nintendo theme park skin)

And no details about the Wii U eShop? Or the online play? Or anything else regarding the OS?!

It was very in depth regarding game details (and the games do look great), but they didn't show many games.

No Retro?! No Monolith Soft?! No F-Zero?! WHERE ARE THE REST OF THE GAMES?!

People. This was just for launch window stuff. They didn't want to show stuff that you wouldn't get until after that.

Even then, this isn't all the launch window stuff.

You were all expecting way too much, you were expecting every franchise there and that's just not how it works

They had an entire reel of third party games...

A pretty short one compared to what they had for Wii at the time, one that didnt include much evidence of exclusives from supporters they usually have (e.g. Capcom, Sega).

Serebii you're like the biggest apologist on here. We didn't really expect every franchise, but Nintendo knows that to get their hardcore fanbase excited, they need like at least 1 big, obvious, "fanservice" game.

A retro developed Metroid-Starfox game as rumoured would've been it. Or a hint of a new F-Zero. Or anything like that.

They tried to make Pikmin it, but that was never going to make people froth at the mouth.

That list is a joke. The game it's missing at the end of the year is just... depressing. It's so much worse than i ever thought it could ever possible be. There is almost no reason for non nintendo fans to buy a wii u. Families won't (which is what it seems to be aimed at) and even Nintendo fans will have to think twice.

Project P100 is the surprise???

Apparently so. A bit like rape, you didn't see it coming and afterwards you need a hot bath to rid yourself of the feeling.

Oh, they are considering a release of Nintendo Land separate. FAIL Nintendo.

Out of them games on the list, only Pikmin 3 and NSMB are interesting to me. Mass Effect 3, Arkham City i've played and completed on the 360. I'll see nearer the time if a WiiU purchase will be on the cards.

You were all expecting way too much, you were expecting every franchise there and that's just not how it works

It used to be how it worked. You would show a reel of amazing games to get the people pumped and wanting your console. Man, I miss the old style E3. :cry:

Ok so seems people aren't pleased....will have to find it to watch later...

Come on dude, you can't call out people on their expectations like that. For a system that's supposedly launching this year, that conference was abysmal.

No one expected every franchise at all, don't be ridiculous.

Where's all of EA games? Activision?

This p-100 looks average too.

Other than Zombi U and "maybe" Pikmin 3, there is no reason to bring people to the Wii U that the Wii massively missed out on. I thought they had so much to show? Where are the actual games then?!

I'm just staggered at what I've been seen. It's not next gen, they didn't show much enticing software, they haven't shown they have learnt from the Wii mistakes and in fact seem to be catering EVEN MORE to the families who won't buy it anyway. And the most criminal is they haven't shown what makes the tablet device so good!

HOLY SHIT PROJECT P-100 IS FROM PLATINUM GAMES!!!

Game & Wario is from the Wario Ware team (SPD1 & Intelligent Systems)

Edited by Dcubed