NEurope
Mokong

Nintendo Conference (5.00pm - 5th June)

AlW3a.png

Not surprising really. :D

guess you're on gaf too then :p

Ah well, seen what I need to see, people cry, people leap for joy, people post their frustrations on the internet to show everyone how really mad they, I am now bolting off, things to do, people to see, goals to achieve etc etc, see you guys in a couple of months :D

It used to be how it worked. You would show a reel of amazing games to get the people pumped and wanting your console. Man, I miss the old style E3. :cry:

Well Reggie did say on Spike that this was launchwindow stuff. I have no doubt we will have more shown before launch and following it, it's just these are for launch, and first party wise, that's not bad at all

Game & Wario - Nintendo

Lego City - Published by Nintendo

New Super Mario Bros U - Nintendo

Nintendo Land - Nintendo

Ninja Gaiden™ 3: Razor's Edge - Nintendo & Team Ninja

Pikmin 3 - Nintendo

Project P-100 - Published by Nintendo

SiNG - Horrid but Nintendo

Wii Fit U - Nintendo

That's 9 first party launch window titles. That's not bad at all

Serebii you're like the biggest apologist on here. We didn't really expect every franchise, but Nintendo knows that to get their hardcore fanbase excited, they need like at least 1 big, obvious, "fanservice" game.

I'm a journalist. It is my job to be impartial. You guys feel slighted because of your expectations for the company and so are more negative than normal. I'm just providing a neutral option

Actually looking at that release list there are 12/13 games coming out between Launch and "Holiday" that i'd actually want, and thats actually quite good

maybe it wasn't as bad after all, i mean the first 30 min was better than MS and arguably Sony, they just then did what MS did and showed far too much singing and dancing games.

I understand it, i mean ints an industry event, sure casuals won't watch, but those in attendance will write articles that they may well see in the media.

I just wish casuals didn't exist full stop lol! time spent developing a dance/singing game is time wasted

Well Reggie did say on Spike that this was launchwindow stuff. I have no doubt we will have more shown before launch and following it, it's just these are for launch, and first party wise, that's not bad at all

Game & Wario - Nintendo

Lego City - Published by Nintendo

New Super Mario Bros U - Nintendo

Nintendo Land - Nintendo

Ninja Gaiden™ 3: Razor's Edge - Nintendo & Team Ninja

Pikmin 3 - Nintendo

Project P-100 - Published by Nintendo

SiNG - Horrid but Nintendo

Wii Fit U - Nintendo

That's 9 first party launch window titles. That's not bad at all

I'm a journalist. It is my job to be impartial. You guys feel slighted because of your expectations for the company and so are more negative than normal. I'm just providing a neutral option

What a load of bull. Impartial. And we don't have clear judgements. Fact is, Wii was a massive flop for "gamers" and forced many nintendo fans to pick up a new console, the wii has been dying for a couple of years and 3rd parties barely had any success on it. Nintendo said they will change all this and would get 3rd parties, get the core back etc. Of that list what is there that appeals to them?! In fact, comparing 360/PS3 autumn games with wii u games and it'll come up very short indeed. The Wii U barely has anything for gamers. Not about being impartial or whatever, it's the poorest home console launch for a long long long time. Nintendo have messed up their direction and simply haven't got the support they need.

What a load of rubbish!

It was a disgrace. New Super Mario Bros U looks mediocre, in my opinion. The 3DS version looks even worse. It's saying something that the best two games were Luigi's Mansion 2 and Paper Mario; the former announced at E3 2011, the latter announced at E3 2010! Does it really take 2+ years to make a handheld version of Paper Mario? 30 months? That's how long it took Twilight Princess to be released!

Pikmin 3 looks decent, but if you're going to start with that, it suggests you've got better to come.

Going by this, I just don't see why anyone would want to buy a Wii U. It's one thing accepting they cater to the casual market nowadays, but did any of that stuff excite you personally? Did any of it set your pulse racing? A large segment of Nintendo seems totally oblivious to what exciting hardware and software is about these days, save for Sakamoto, Aonuma and some of their talented staff. The likes of Iwata and Miyamoto don't seem to get it at all.

Compare it to E3 2006 when they had Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3. Or 2010 when they showed off all those brilliant 3DS games which ensured I was desperate for one straight away (many of them still aren't out - what's going on with that?) Or even last year's, where that brilliant Zelda demo had more excitement in one pixel than all this year's games put together. Speaking of which, do you think any of the games shown suggest the machine is still as powerful as that...?

What a letdown.

Fair play, but you don't really come across as impartial when you focus on the negative feedback. In fact, and I mean this is no offence what so ever, this is the only time I've ever seen you try to be impartial outside of your own website.

Remember us butting heads a couple of times regarding the likelihood of the Wii U's strength? You favoured the positive developer comments over the ones that were negative, which I brought up.

But again, fair play dude, opinions will be opinions. No one expected every franchise to be revealed, but remember the days where you could be shown a first party title that was still years off? A first party game you knew you wouldn't be able to play for a while, but was satisfied knowing it's there in the future and was shown to show off the capabilities of the console?

Where was that this E3?

What a load of bull. Impartial. And we don't have clear judgements. Fact is, Wii was a massive flop for "gamers" and forced many nintendo fans to pick up a new console, the wii has been dying for a couple of years and 3rd parties barely had any success on it. Nintendo said they will change all this and would get 3rd parties, get the core back etc. Of that list what is there that appeals to them?! In fact, comparing 360/PS3 autumn games with wii u games and it'll come up very short indeed. The Wii U barely has anything for gamers. Not about being impartial or whatever, it's the poorest home console launch for a long long long time. Nintendo have messed up their direction and simply haven't got the support they need.

Please don't make me list out the launch window titles, I'm not up for writing that, but saying it has no games is not logical and factually inaccurate

Fair play, but you don't really come across as impartial when you focus on the negative feedback. In fact, and I mean this is no offence what so ever, this is the only time I've ever seen you try to be impartial outside of your own website.

Remember us butting heads a couple of times regarding the likelihood of the Wii U's strength? You favoured the positive developer comments over the ones that were negative, which I brought up.

But again, fair play dude, opinions will be opinions. No one expected every franchise to be revealed, but remember the days where you could be shown a first party title that was still years off? A first party game you knew you wouldn't be able to play for a while, but was satisfied knowing it's there in the future and was shown to show off the capabilities of the console?

Where was that this E3?

Well, I have an issue where I focus on the negative and try to put a positive spin on things and rectify the negative.

You are right and I agree that they should have shown some post-launch window games, but the ones they revealed, they aren't all bad.

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

Actually looking at that release list there are 12/13 games coming out between Launch and "Holiday" that i'd actually want, and thats actually quite good

maybe it wasn't as bad after all, i mean the first 30 min was better than MS and arguably Sony, they just then did what MS did and showed far too much singing and dancing games.

I understand it, i mean ints an industry event, sure casuals won't watch, but those in attendance will write articles that they may well see in the media.

I just wish casuals didn't exist full stop lol! time spent developing a dance/singing game is time wasted

Nintendo are not developing Sing, they're just publishing it.

But I never said it doesn't have any games.

I really hope not everything has been announced, I mean there are no EA sports games announced yet which is just bizarre. No Activision games mentioned either. Hopefully they're all coming though, but why not mention them?

So the launch window stuff looks strong to me. Mario U, Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, Zombi U and Lego City all look loads of fun. Kind of ashamed to say after all the "worst e3 presentation of all time" talk, but I even thought Nintendoland looked good. A lot of the 3rd party stuff seems like it's there to merely placate non-Nintendo fans (which, of course, it won't), but Darksiders and Aliens sound promising.

After a great opening with Pikmin and all the Shigsy charm it slowly seemed to melt away. As others have said, a lot of time was wasted going over what we heard on Sunday, over-explaining simple things, and most bizarrely of all, going on and on about how little time there was to cram everything in!

A presentation of two halves for me.

And three years spent on a 'core' game that doesn't break even is worth it? The core gamer market isn't big enough to sustain the budgets that go into core franchises. You only have to look at the number of of good dev studios closing down because one game didn't sell well enough. Studios have to diversify to survive, just like every other creative industry making great content is costly and doesn't guarantee an income. But chasing casual dollars can keep you in business while you work on core ideas (look at Wayforward for an example of a studio that funds core games with the moolah brought in by casual, license-heavy titles).

Aaaaanyway...I'm quite happy with that line-up to be honest. Pikmin 3, Mario Bros U, Wii Fit U and Nintendoland are top of my list of early purchases. I'd like to see more of Game & Wario and Project P-100 too, they look quite intresting. Lego City was a bit of a nice surprise too - looked genuinely funny!

Edited by daftada

That was shocking. Absolutely shocking. :shakehead:nono::blank::(

And it started out so well with the Miyamoto/Pikmin vid. :woops:

Weirdest E3 ever.

LOL @ Ubisoft having the best show. :laughing:

I just hope Nintendo have a lot more to show over the next couple of days. :hmm:

But I never said it doesn't have any games.

I really hope not everything has been announced, I mean there are no EA sports games announced yet which is just bizarre. No Activision games mentioned either. Hopefully they're all coming though, but why not mention them?

Have EA or Activision announced any games for the Wii U?

The two biggest 3rd parties are very quiet regarding supporting the Wii U.

what a disappointment that was.

Will not be buying on launch thats for sure.

Rayman Legends looks amazing though. :)

Where are the third parties?

No Capcom, S-E or EA!!

Have EA or Activision announced any games for the Wii U?

The two biggest 3rd parties are very quiet regarding supporting the Wii U.

Exactly. Let's hope more is to be announced, but currently it's probably one of the worst launches I can imagine. Relatively.

I'm gonna watch Eastenders to cheer me up... always someone worse off somewhere ;)

I see absolutely no exclusive "must-have" title for the WiiU. The one that I thought that might have been was ZombiU but after seeing it in-game and hearing a little bit more about it, it's dropped off my radar.

Pikmin 3 is the only stand-out exclusive for me but as much as I like the Pikmin games, they're not quite triple A titles in my eyes.

Titles that have garnered my interest so far are Tomb Raider, Splinter Cell, The Last of Us and Watch Dogs. Where the hell are the WiiU games for the "core" gamers?!

Nintendo, you sold me out!

I really wish games journalists were brave enough to say to reggie that there was barely anything for gamers, all casual crap and where are the 3rd parties. Promises made by Nintendo have not been met. I've never been so unenthused by a Nintendo console...

I really wish games journalists were brave enough to say to reggie that there was barely anything for gamers, all casual crap and where are the 3rd parties. Promises made by Nintendo have not been met. I've never been so unenthused by a Nintendo console...

It's not Nintendo's place to announce third party games. It's up to the third party to do that.