NEurope
Retro_Link

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Presumably, either Bay or some other people who are working on the film, are under the impression that "a sequel with none of the same human characters" is the same thing as a "reboot".

It's a reboot and a direct sequel.

But that very statement should be causing some kind of universe destroying paradox... it just doesn't make sense

Could it simply be that the Mutagen is from outer space, a bit like how they changed where the symbiotic suit was from in the Spider-Man animated series? If so, and it just mutated Earth turtles like in the comic, it might not be too bad.

Could it simply be that the Mutagen is from outer space, a bit like how they changed where the symbiotic suit was from in the Spider-Man animated series? If so, and it just mutated Earth turtles like in the comic, it might not be too bad.

I could deal with that. Asteroid crashes on Earth and oozes stuff into the sewers or whatever. But Teenage Alien Ninja Turtle-like Creatures? No thanks.

Probably no, but I don't think there is enough information to FULLY write it off yet.

If it is as black and white as it seems...then...fucking...not actually happy. Not happy.

1271_107686890580_509970580_5190756_252_n.jpg

I'd like to say it can't be any worse than the Tranformers films...

I'd really like to say that.

But they'd still be mutants not really aliens.

If they do it like that. What will happen to Daredevil?

If they do it like that. What will happen to Daredevil?

He gets hits in the face by a random genetic-altering chemical. The canister will have the Stark logo on it.

Besides, they'll have to try very, very, very hard to make a film as bad as Daredevil.

I'll be right back.

I need to get the taste of Michael Bay's cock out of my mouth as I have been royally DICKED with this news.

It was anyway technically depending on the medium you read/watch

The company that made the mutagen was run by aliens..... (TCRI see below)

The turtles were just exposed to this mutagen

what bay is saying is completely against this, he's saying the Turtles ARE Aliens not mutated by a mutagen created through extra terrestrial means

T.C.R.I.

people aren't annoyed enough about this! nobody should give this movie a chance the investors and studios need to know Bay has gone to far and reign him in before he goes into major production

Edited by Agent Gibbs

I haven't seen a quote from Michael Bay saying they actually are aliens/extra-terrestrials.

Didn't realise people were this passionate about the Turtles. I mean, I loved them when I was 10 and the film might well be rubbish, but really. :heh:

I haven't seen a quote from Michael Bay saying they actually are aliens/extra-terrestrials.

In Retro's first post watch this video bay says "These turtles are from an alien race"

Passionate? before this i wouldn't have honestly cared i'd have gone cool they are making another movie and gone and seen it or bought the dvd...had it been a straight reboot, Bay however is raping the storyline possibly so he can have a massive space battle and explosions at the start just to have the Turtles and probably Kang in the movie (doing a baddie not seen in a live action version yet) its just the Sheer arrogance of the man, to think he can basically rewrite the entire thing thats got my back up.

I know if hollywood lets this slide and he makes the movie in this way he WILL be signed up to do more movies and remakes/reboots of old franchises, what next a remake of Masters of the Universe (He-man) where he is an astronaught who crash lands on another planet where he is super strong due to lower gravity or something?

Or maybe a Ghostbusters remake where the busters are part of a secret government organisation

An ET remake where Et is an evil murdering monster?

Back to the future where Marty is a hot megan fox.....

I still don't get the fuss. It's outside any of the other "canon" and doesn't affect any of the current media in any way - so who cares if the backstory is completely different? If they tried to actually retcon the actual comic/cartoon/films then there is a problem, but as it's completely it's own thing then does it really matter?

It's not like you have to accept it as part of the franchise, even if it completely undermines the key points the franchise tries to make and the main character is completely not acting like him/herself.

Edit: People are aware that Bay isn't writing or directing this, right?

An ET remake where Et is an evil murdering monster?

Nah that's a Spielberg franchise so that won't happen. It'll just be released in 3D whenever it's next anniversary crops up (30th?).

Anyway I'm still more angered about Seth McFarland being allowed to do The Flintstones but that's just me.

He gets hits in the face by a random genetic-altering chemical. The canister will have the Stark logo on it.

Besides, they'll have to try very, very, very hard to make a film as bad as Daredevil.

But the two are amazingly linked.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19323_6-movie-tv-universes-that-overlap-in-mind-blowing-ways_p2.html

Skip to #1 people.

It's a conspiracy ¬_¬

Reminds me of something random: The planet E.T. is from is located in the Star Wars galaxy.

Bay however is raping the storyline possibly so he can have a massive space battle and explosions at the start just to have the Turtles and probably Kang in the movie (doing a baddie not seen in a live action version yet)
Good point! Wouldn't be surprised if that was part of the thinking behind it.

It's still totally unnecessary though!

His line 'kids are going to believe these guys are real'... they don't have to be from another planet in order to do that ffs!

I think you're all making a huge deal out of this. I grew up on the Turtles and just like the Transformers, the concept is ridiculous (and great fun) no matter how you present it.

Aliens, mutations, who cares? Michelangelo will still be super fucking annoying.

I think you're all making a huge deal out of this. I grew up on the Turtles and just like the Transformers, the concept is ridiculous (and great fun) no matter how you present it.

It is ridiculous but.. well I'll just let splinter remind you of the one and only turtles origin story.

Oh man, that brings a tear to my eye. Those lovely animatronics, about to be replaced with HOLLOW, LIFELESS CGI.

... MICHAEL BAY MUST BE STOPPED.

'Mutant' is now gone from the title...... and 'Teenage' whilst they're at it. :indeed:

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/122/1221679p1.html

Bay Announces TMNT Title Change

The filmmaker announced on the message board of his official site that the upcoming live-action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie he's producing has been retitled to simply Ninja Turtles.

"Paramount marketing changed the name. They made the title simple. The characters you all remember are exactly the same, and yes they still act like teenagers. Everything you remember, why you liked the characters, is in the movie. This script is being developed by two very smart writers, with one of the original creators of Ninja Turtles. They care VERY MUCH about making this film for the fans. Everyone on this team cares about the fans. Just give them a chance. Jonathan the director, is a major fan of the whole franchise. HE'S NOT GOING TO LET YOU DOWN."

Still 'act' like teenagers... so there's not even a guarantee there!

Teenage

Mutant

Ninja

Turtles

Guess what the next announcement will be! :p

Edited by Retro_Link