NEurope
Retro_Link

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Grown Up Not Affected By Radiation Pirate Aliens!

I can no wait for that film.

Bay Announces TMNT Title Change

The filmmaker announced on the message board of his official site that the upcoming live-action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie he's producing has been retitled to simply Ninja Turtles.

"Paramount marketing changed the name. They made the title simple. The characters you all remember are exactly the same, and yes they still act like teenagers. Everything you remember, why you liked the characters, is in the movie. This script is being developed by two very smart writers, with one of the original creators of Ninja Turtles. They care VERY MUCH about making this film for the fans. Everyone on this team cares about the fans. Just give them a chance. Jonathan the director, is a major fan of the whole franchise. HE'S NOT GOING TO LET YOU DOWN."

Then why are they doing everything they can to piss the fans off?

April will be the main character. She will be 18/19, wear revealing clothes and she'll run around looking hot while the turtles fight in the background.

Do Bay and Paramount have twitter accounts we can spam with hate and disgust... and also this "one of the original creators" guy too :heh:

Teenage

Mutant

Ninja

Turtles

Guess what the next announcement will be! :p

EDIT:

First Artwork!!...

thestory_head.jpg

... oh wait!

Perhaps being aliens will explain why their parlance is still stuck in the late '80s: their planet is so far away our broadcasts are on a time delay of 20-odd years. I suspect I've already put too much thought into this, though.

Honestly I don't really care what they do, it's going to be a feature length toy advert regardless.

And we recently found a water planet 22 light years away, maybe they're from there? :P

I logged on to thank this comment.

What actually makes me feel sadface is that there are people on here who will have the "oh, it might be good" mentality and will go and see it. No. Do not give this man a single penny of your money for this.

The reason Bay is allowed to do this kinda shit is because there are people who are going to see his films, owning them on dvd, blu-ray and so forth.

I know people who enjoyed Transformers 3....insane.

[/mildly relevant]

It couldn't have been timed any better.

Hmm I don't know if they've now changed their original Alien idea now or what, but IGN have put up a brief plot synopsis, as the films looks to start filming later this summer in Canada:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/06/07/ninja-turtles-filming-in-vancouver

Here's the plot synopsis: "Aliens invade Earth and inadvertently spawn a quartet of mutated reptile warriors, the Ninja Turtles, who rise up against them to defend the world." Only time will tell if Bay and director Jonathan Liebesman will pull through for our beloved reptilian heroes.

So whilst the Turtles themselves may no longer be Aliens?(??), it still raises questions about how Splinter gets in on the story, and it sounds like Shedder probably won't be involved (who is of course part of Splinters back story too), but instead it's a fight against Alien invaders.

The aliens now have to be something to do with Krang if this is to not become some generic Turtles(?) vs Aliens.

If he ruins it further (which it sounds like he is), then help us all. The statement of him caring about the fans, well it will be false if there is no reference to anything that we loved in the movie. May as well make the movie about sheep grazing, would make as much sense as what he's doing now.

In my eyes (and all Turtle fan's eyes), there should be Shredder, Splinter, the Technodrome, Pizza etc. No "Aliens" or random "explosions". I recommend he watches the original ones, the ones in the suits, to get a grasp of what us fans expect from the movie.

Your requests contradict each other ;)

Yes they do, and there must be a technodrome. I know Krang is alien, so that's ok.

April will be the main character. She will be 18/19, wear revealing clothes and she'll run around looking hot while the turtles fight in the background.
Umm...

:weep:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/08/28/bad-buzz-on-bays-ninja-turtles-script

Bad Buzz on Bay's Ninja Turtles Script

Lots of changes to the human characters as well as the Turtles.

Sounds like the eponymous heroes aren't the only characters who've been radically altered from their well-known counterparts in producer Michael Bay's planned Ninja Turtles movie. (Be advised that some SPOILERS follow.)

Latino-Review has a rundown of their problems with the script by Andre Nemec & Josh Applebaum. Bear in mind, this is just that site's opinion on an unproduced draft, but the changes they cite are fairly substantial ones.

For example, in this version Casey Jones and April O'Neil are 18-year-olds and exes. The villain is one Colonel Schrader. The Foot isn't a ninja clan in this, but rather a black-clad special forces unit led by Schrader (caught on to the similar-sounding name yet?).

The Turtles, who are introduced in a Jurassic Park-style scene, use their shells a lot more when fighting. They're also the subjects of the covert government op Project Ares, which involves mutagens and altered species. There's a whole other sci-fi element to this story, including revelations about the villains and what's at stake for New York City.

I hope this film bombs so hard when it gets to the cinema.

I for one will not be watching it

The Colonel Schrader angle is something I think I can actually get behind, but the whole Turtles using their shells more? I have visions of the Squirtle line retreating into their shells and spinning their way into the enemy.

Ok, gotta see the final product first, but this does kind of sound like...a huge festering pile of shit.

The Colonel Schrader angle is something I think I can actually get behind, but the whole Turtles using their shells more? I have visions of the Squirtle line retreating into their shells and spinning their way into the enemy.

Even though

he's really an alien himself and he makes spikes come out of his body? To which Michaelangelo say "Schrader? More like SHREDDER!"...

It could have been a good angle but they totally ruined it.

That bit Retro quoted from IGN completely skips over the major issues as to why the thing would suck. I read a detailed account of the script over the weekend (the script itself having been yanked down now) and it sounded absolutely atrocious, but apparently it's an old draft so it could be even worse by now.

He's already made enough terrible Transformers films, does he really have to crap on even more childhood memories?

Last I read this movie was being canned. Is this accurate? From the continued outrage in this thread I figure it must still be coming out.

Last I read this movie was being canned. Is this accurate? From the continued outrage in this thread I figure it must still be coming out.
It's still coming, it just got delayed and put on hold to supposedly work on the script!

what work did they do? watch the bourne films and go hmmm lets make Shredder a government stooge running a secret army and have him take on 4 bournes only they are turtles, oh and lets have explosions in every scene

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/02/22/megan-fox-joining-michael-bays-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles

Michael Bay, who is producing the live-action reintroduction of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (called simply Ninja Turtles), has posted the following short message on his website today:

TMNT: we are bringing Megan Fox back into the family!

Michael Bay

Update: Variety is now reporting that Fox will star as the classic Turtles character April O'Neil. "Prior to the holidays, the studio began meeting with actresses such as Jane Levy, Anna Kendrick and Elizabeth Olsen," says the trade paper, "and the studio will now aim to find its male lead."

Slutty April.