NEurope

You can has mine too if you like

I would very much appreciate it -- it'd see me through to practically coming home to the UK!

I need some help.

On multiplayer My friends statuses are unjoinable, and apparently when they see my service record... I'm unjoinable too. I can't connect to any of their games or parties.

And they can't join mine when I Invite..

Whats wrong :( why am i unjoinable.

Great game though :)

They're lying and they just don't like you.

I'm just jealous because i can't play.

I need some help.

On multiplayer My friends statuses are unjoinable, and apparently when they see my service record... I'm unjoinable too. I can't connect to any of their games or parties.

And they can't join mine when I Invite..

Whats wrong :( why am i unjoinable.

Great game though :)

Aren't there some games that can report NAT types, essentially something to do with firewalling/routers I think that can cause problems with traffic in a certain direction. Don't hold me to that though, I'm 50% sure I'm making this up.

I'll add folks when I'm on next, which probably won't be until tomorrow now :(

I think it's due to the NAT setting your router. In basic terms, you can have 3 types of setting: open, moderate or strict. Open can join anyone, moderate can join open and moderate, and strict can only join open. There are ways to change your NAT to open by tinkering with your router settings.

I will be back on Halo tomorrow night, I think we should organise a big NE sesh for around then? Hopefully we can get a party of 8 going and then we can boss big team battle.

My NAT setting is on open, as is the guys I was trying to join, and they could join each other's games but I couldn't, and none of them could join me.

Sad times to be Murr.

Finished the campaign a little earlier, on Normal, and don't really know what to say about it really. Gave me a very 'Halo 2' feel in that although I've only just finished it, I couldn't pick out any moment that was particularly standout.

It's strange as it just didn't feel like the opener to a new trilogy but rather the middle act before the finale. And didn't think the story was as strong as people have been saying ::shrug:

Probably start a run through on Legendary later and look into sorting out multiplayer.

Are 343i using their own servers? I assume it's quite hard to suddenly to get the worlds most popular Xbox game right first time. Bungie had a couple of goes to lead up to it.

@Murr, have you tried determining the IP address assigned to the xbox and putting it in the DMZ? Again, not in any way saying I know what I'm talking about though.

@The Peeps

Dude, I'm extremely sorry. I meant to invite you into our games/party last night, but I got caught up in something and basically forgot all about my messages. I'll pay better attention next time.

Demilitarized Zone?

Yes? Also I was wondering is anyone rocking an N-E specific tag? I've currently got mine as NEUR, was wondering if anyone else is doing the same?

Are 343i using their own servers? I assume it's quite hard to suddenly to get the worlds most popular Xbox game right first time. Bungie had a couple of goes to lead up to it.

They're using Windows Azure servers. It means that they are meant to be totally flexible in terms of how much processing power they need.

@The Peeps

Dude, I'm extremely sorry. I meant to invite you into our games/party last night, but I got caught up in something and basically forgot all about my messages. I'll pay better attention next time.

It's cool :p I saw you were in a game so I was just waiting but while I was, ReZ signed in and I got into a party with him. Cubechris invited me and I felt like a nob because I declined :laughing:

I took advantage of GAME's 99p deal for this, it's in my bag ready for action this evening.

Finally managed to find a place to install the multiplayer data. Spent an hour deleting 20GB of music off of an old MP3 player and promptly installed disc 2 and gave it a whirl and it works nicely. It does get a little hot when being used so may pick up another USB stick instead just to be safe.

Still, always enjoyed playing the multiplayer in Halo so nice to get back into it. Not liking that there aren't weapons scattered around the map and that you can only call stuff in on ordinance drops. It's supposedly to stop camping at weapon spawns but it wasn't really a problem in any of the previous games from my experiences.

Other than that, it's good fun :D More than happy for people to add my gamertag if they want a game or two and wouldn't mind getting in on some N-E online action.

There are weapons scattered around the map like in the previous Halos.

Oh hai @Rummy how long have you been in my party? lol

Ugh I wish matchmaking wouldn't put you in games that are about to end... although just now I entered into a dominion game which had just entered the final stage and obviously I was put into the losing team. I was the last man standing within 5 seconds and somehow managed to get a triple kill while in a base. Had it not been for a guy stood way outside with a rocket launcher, I might have actually captured the base and saved my team!

I could get the game tomorrow, but I can't afford to get a new gold sub. I'm thinking I should just wait until I can get both. Halo with no multiplayer is pretty much pointless.

That reminds me, i got a month left on my gold and an additional code for 2 weeks extra. Anyone wish to add me for matches, gamertag is Jimbob NE

Just finished it, best Halo yet.

Halo 4 - 9.5/10

The first Halo campaign I can say I loved from start to finish. The combat is the best its been and it feels quicker aswell. The weapons are a blast and because of the sound effects they sound great and like they actually pack a punch.

Visually I mean god damn I cant believe the 360 is giving us a game that looks this good. I guess thats the benefit of having hardware last longer than usual so you get to see it pushed. The music is also good but does lack that one track than the other games have that just sticks in your head.

The sound mix though was abit mixed, due to how loud the music was sometimes it was hard to hear what the characters were saying which did bug me and at times the checkpoint system didnt work properly.

The enemies are great. You have the usual Covenant and the new guys who are a blast to fight but they could of done with another class to do battle against.

All in all the best Halo yet and GOTY so far.