NEurope
MoogleViper

Awesome stuff thread

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/08/07/man-builds-2-million-batcave-in-home

Man Builds $2 Million Batcave in Home

A hardcore Batman fan is having a $2 million theater constructed in his house by Elite Home Theater Seating to resemble the Dark Knight's cave of solace. Complete with a batcomputer, Tumbler, cape and cowl, secret passages, sound effects, gargoyles, a 180 degree screen, and even a Bat-themed elevator. Just check out the images below:

The images above are apparently CG mock-ups of what the finished product will look like. Elite HTS executive Bobby Bala told Daily Mail, "The Dark Knight themed custom home theater was actually a design concept we did free of charge for one of our previous clients, mainly just for fun. Personally, I'm a huge Batman fan and with a background in CG animation, we were able to finish up the design within a couple weeks."

bat_cave_theater_seating_2-610x335.jpg

bat_cave_theater_seating_3-610x335.jpg

article-2183250-145EF361000005DC-491_964x588-610x372.jpg

I always expected him to be one of those old fashioned old people who are still a bit racist/homophobic/xenophobic.

He's probably not stupid though, people driven enough to succeed generally aren't. The old people you speak of are poorly educated rather than old-fashioned!

He's probably not stupid though, people driven enough to succeed generally aren't. The old people you speak of are poorly educated rather than old-fashioned!

I don't mean the nasty, proper racist type, more the type that were just raised in a different era where that sort of thing was common.

You know, the sort where racial slurs were just normal words to them, with no real malice behind them.

Basically his character in Gran Torino.

It's cool Goafer, I thought exactly the same thing when I first saw the photo/quote. In some ways, I wonder if I'm just as bad as the gaycists.

doginarms_mini.jpg

Unger first rescued Schoep when he was a 8-month-old puppy, and the two have spent the past 19 years together. Unger says that the dog saved him from suicide after he broke up with his former fiancée years ago.

As it entered old age, Schoep developed arthritis in his legs.

As the pain started giving the dog sleeping problems, Unger discovered that water helps to soothe the pain. He therefore started taking Schoep into the waters of Lake Superior and allowing him periods of pain-free sleep in his arms.

can-i-be-your-lawyer-of-course-you-can-240x180.jpg

I guess just lying in your bathtub at home doesn't quite have the same feel?

I guess just lying in your bathtub at home doesn't quite have the same feel?

I'm guessing the dog needs to be able to float and move freely.

I just re-read that and the dog is almost 20 years old. That's pretty God damn old for a dog. I hope ours lasts that long.

I'm guessing the dog needs to be able to float and move freely.

I just re-read that and the dog is almost 20 years old. That's pretty God damn old for a dog. I hope ours lasts that long.

I hope it doesn't. I know that sounds harsh, but dogs who are that age are very rarely healthy. Usually they're in constant pain. I recently helped my sister groom and 18 year old westie. I had to hold him up because he couldn't stand up by his self. He would just slump in a corner all day, shaking from the extreme effort it took just to breathe. That's no way to live, dog or human.

Mute the Halo Trailer, then hit play on both videos at the same time.

Time to have your mind blown again. If you thought the 'why did the chicken cross the road' revelation was too much, look away now:

tumblr_m8blbxD6Tc1qb5gkjo1_500.jpg

I always expected him to be one of those old fashioned old people who are still a bit racist/homophobic/xenophobic.

Especially since he supports Mitt Romney. He was apparently a Democrat supporting John McCain back in the day, but it seems he's switched over.

Mute the Halo Trailer, then hit play on both videos at the same time.

Eh, I've seen better matches with Mind Heist.

I think it's that the paper "tubs" can be expanded into the large one shown.

Apparently, the quantity of ketchup expands too.

Just some awesome .gifs people may/may not have seen.

Reaction of Usain Bolt fist-bumping a volunteer:

tumblr_m8kk3iFXsQ1qdlh1io1_400.gif

So cute and awesome 'OMFG he fist bumped me! Sqeeeee'.

tumblr_m7fociEfaO1qcye09o1_r1_500.gif

:D

Deadpool:

tumblr_m7fokow7lV1qfrkf9o1_250.giftumblr_m7fokow7lV1qfrkf9o2_250.gif

tumblr_m7fokow7lV1qfrkf9o3_250.giftumblr_m7fokow7lV1qfrkf9o4_250.gif

tumblr_m7fokow7lV1qfrkf9o5_250.giftumblr_m7fokow7lV1qfrkf9o6_250.gif

tumblr_m7fokow7lV1qfrkf9o7_250.giftumblr_m7fokow7lV1qfrkf9o8_250.gif

tumblr_m7fokow7lV1qfrkf9o9_250.giftumblr_m7fokow7lV1qfrkf9o10_250.gif

Sorry for so many .gifs but I love them.

Just for you ReZ I found more:

tumblr_m842hstPpC1rqanl6o1_250.giftumblr_m842hstPpC1rqanl6o2_250.giftumblr_m842hstPpC1rqanl6o3_250.gif

I don't know who it is, but I want to be their friend.

"... What happens now?" :love:

Star streak photos taken from the International Space Station:

star-streaks-1.jpg

star-streaks-4.jpg

star-streaks-6.jpg

star-streaks-2.jpg

star-streaks-5.jpg

Link to Article

Also:

:o

Edited by Dannyboy-the-Dane