NEurope
Wesley

Netflix

Where did you get that from? Is there like a blog or something with the latest updates?

I'd love to see Buffy and Angel on there.

bumpage....so they've steadily being adding content to the UK service and I think it's pretty good right now. But I learnt of this DNS setting change magic that can be performed. Has anyone done it is there any content missing that I will actually miss and what extra is there? I know there is man vs food for one haha.

The majority of what I notice is the Channel 4/ITV stuff so...you're missing nothing.

The majority of what I notice is the Channel 4/ITV stuff so...you're missing nothing.

yah the ITV stuff is all crap...Channel 4 there are some decent comedies but out of those Peep Show is the best and own them all on DVD. Cheers anyway think I will make the adjustments tonight.

Besides I'm pretty sure as all you're doing is setting the DNS settings so you should be able to put it back to automatic and have the UK Netflix back.

Besides I'm pretty sure as all you're doing is setting the DNS settings so you should be able to put it back to automatic and have the UK Netflix back.

Absolutely. Just take note of what they were originally (some systems don't default them back when deleted) and go to town on US Netflix content. Truly delicious library of shows, movies and obscure documentaries.

Unblock-US has a week long free trial, otherwise it's like £3 a month. Their DNS servers continued working for me on the XBOX 360 after my trial expired, but I pay for the service as it enables a lot of other useful content online too.

Also, dunno if this was mentioned but bandwidth conscious members can manually set the max quality of a stream in their profile page. I find mostly everything is fine on LOW, but occasionally treat myself to a little GOOD on Friday nights after work.

On the PS3/360 at least you can simply change your DNS back to automatic. If all else fails you can use Google's public DNS, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 to get everything back to normal.

The amount of content you get from the US Netflix just dwarves the UK one, well worth it. Plus plenty of UK shows are on there anyway, such as Black Books and IT Crowd and I think there's actually more British films. I also use Unblock-Us and it's well worth it.

Is there actually anything Netflix can do to stop this?

Ive heard of people not being able to access US Netflix after a while

But is that Netflix or is that Unblock-us which recently realised a lot of people were piggybacking off their service? i.e. if you pay for unblock-us would you be fine?

But is that Netflix or is that Unblock-us which recently realised a lot of people were piggybacking off their service? i.e. if you pay for unblock-us would you be fine?

It was originally thought to be Netflix realising what people were doing but I didnt follow what was going on past the original forum posts so I cant say for sure.

It seems like it was unlock-us. Apparently (according to a Youtube video so you know it's legit!) the DNS settings everyone was using were from Unblock-us and they had no way of knowing who was paying and who wasn't.

Anyway I got US content back!

homer_drool_2__44365.gif

Now to get an American PSN and get Hulu...

So I went on US Netflix earlier.

I died a little. It's amazing. I didn't even know where to start. Parks and Recreation, Angel, Supernatural, Farscape, 30 Rock - I want to watch all these. In fact I watched an episode of each.

I was really interested in subscribing for the UK content, but i've just looked at the US stuff.

Fuck me. So much i want to watch.

FAIRLY ODD PARENTS. I used to love that show years ago.

I've fallen in love with the US site. It's incredible. I'm going to have no life for the next 6 months.

Hey guys, questionnnnn.

Jim and I are looking into getting LoveFilm for some DVD rentals. I know it's not Netflix, but I don't think Netflix rents out DVDs do they? And at the moment I don't think streaming stuff is for us. Maybe at some point in the future.

But yeah, I was wondering if anyone had done DVD rental through the post? Is it a good service or not worth it? Also how does it work with renting tv series? Because I want to rent Desperate Housewives and I don't know if they'll send out the entire season as 'one disc' or if each disc counts separately ('cause that suuuucks if it's true). =P

But yeah, I was wondering if anyone had done DVD rental through the post? Is it a good service or not worth it? Also how does it work with renting tv series? Because I want to rent Desperate Housewives and I don't know if they'll send out the entire season as 'one disc' or if each disc counts separately ('cause that suuuucks if it's true). =P

I use Lovefilm for Blu-Rays and games and love the service. Unfortunately, TV series are sent out a disc at a time (although I haven't used it for TV shows yet).

Has anyone else found that you can't see everything on the Xbox? Some things I can only find by searching... :/

Has anyone else found that you can't see everything on the Xbox? Some things I can only find by searching... :/

Yes it's the same on PS3. This is a deliberate move by them. They have apparently designed each interface with it's format in mind. So the console one's are designed more to push out popular content that's easily accessible based on your's and your friends viewing habits. Whereas if you go on the PC you can pick genres and look at A-Z and all sorts....

Currently not been able to access Netflix, I keep getting an error and am not sure why...? :(

Currently not been able to access Netflix, I keep getting an error and am not sure why...? :(

Just tested quickly and its running fine for me

Just tested quickly and its running fine for me

Nah, this error has been going on for about a week, but since I've been away I've not bothered to check.

Had a bit of a google, apparently it's a pretty common error. I've tried most of the suggestions and can't seem to get on, good job I'm not paying for it!