N-Europe

I'm getting engaged!

flameboy

So people tend to post and revel in such happenings! However I'm kinda looking for advice too. So I had originally planned to propose in the summer in a car park using a delorean! However one thing or another meant summer wasn't the right time to do it. So now I'm sat holed up in a hotel waiting for my girlfriend to fly in (long distance for those who don't know) thinkinG about it and thinking how happy I am. Although I don't currently have a plan how to do it. We are going to rome from boxing day to new year. Is it enough to think I will just do it when the moment is right in a city well known for its romantic locations? Kind of thought to go a top one of the hills looking over the city and do it then as loves a view!

Anyone who has been to rome ideas would be great!

Edited by flameboy

How long have you know the girl have you ever lived with her where will you live once together what if she says no?

Been with her 2 years. Yeah lived together for a 3/4 months before her student visa expired. The ultimate plan is for me to move to canada, living standards better, special needs teaching (my career path) is paid as a speciality over there. Makes more sense. Plan to live in an appartment her parents own whilst we save money.

I'm pretty sure she won't say no. She kinda knows its coming tbh.

Then AWESOME! I am pleased for you :) I've been to rome but found it was overcrawling with tourists and didn't enjoy it much... so yeah, I'm of no use to you :P But yes - best of luck to you!

Hahah I love how sceptical you started but now you've come round lol

Well done Flame, good luck in proposing. The thing with proposals is that you need to know what type of girl she is though. Some girls would rather the proposal be something that's private and shared between the two of you whilst others like the big gestures like that (i.e. proposing in the street with all of the lights and stuff).

I think it more depends on the girl and what her views of romantic gestures are, I suppose...Yeah, not very helpful, haha. But really though, good luck! :D:D:D

Have you considered doing it on Christmas day?

Do you have a ring already?

Wrap it up like a Christmas present, don't put it under the tree till the day (secretly...as in "from Santa" secretly), let her open her actual Xmas gift first then "find" the ring... wait for her to open it and pop the question once she sees the ring?

*disclaimer: I accept no responsability for any negetive reactions that may occur...... but I'm rooting for you dude, best of luck and congrats :D

Rome sounds spot on man! If she's the type of person who would want it to be a personnal thing with no one around can't go wrong with your plan!

Good luck mate! It will ruin the holiday for you personally the longer your there and not done it, I did it 3 days before coming home from 2 weeks in Mauritius. The 3 days after I did it were so much more relaxed I tell you!